Lesnica Travel Guide

Saturday afternoon in Lesnica
    by nikola316
  • breakfast time... time to go back to Belgrade
    breakfast time... time to go back to...
    sugar from the bar

Lesnica Things to Do

by nikola316 Updated Jun 13, 2004

There are many villages along the meandering length of the Drina River. Lesnica is one of those that has been blessed to have grown on its shores. It is safe to swim, fish and hunt game on the shores of this relatively unspoiled natural resource.

The Drina River is about 200 meters wide near Lesnica, but becomes more narrow and faster flowing farther upstream. As a matter of fact, the river becomes only 15 meters wide at a place closer to its source called Tijesno or "narrow".

My hometown is also located near a river, but it is not nearly as clean and suited for recreation as is the naturally beautiful Drina.

This is a photograph of my friend Zoran's nephews who also happen to be the sons of a friend... a certain Serbian "MANIAC". If you are from Lesnica, you know who I am talking about. Maniac is a legend.

They are out enjoying the river, as do many of the people who are lucky enough to live near it. The land that you see across the river is Bosnia.

There is one thing that makes me sad about seeing the river. That is the fact that I will never get a chance to go fishing there with a person I promised to go with the next time I came to Serbia. Sadly, the person that I was going to go fishing and drink Slivovitz with on the Drina, passed away this spring. I guess I will have to make the trip anyhow.

• Spa and Resort
    • Cruise

Lesnica Nightlife

by nikola316 Written Oct 18, 2004

This is a big grocery store in Lesnica. It easily has the same goods as a grocery store here in upstate New York (OK. a little different... in product line). It is the same overall.

Of couse, in this picture, I it is a Friday night, and I am buying my favorite 2 litre staple "Apatinska Pivo".

My friend is buying "Best Lights".

... Yes.... Muja is here!!!!

Good man!

happy camper

by nikola316 Written Jun 27, 2004

The Wild Rabbit is the place to be on the weekends in Lesnica. I had a good time going here. You can sit and have coffee or beer and play a game of pool in the side room.

Dress Code: No dress code, but as with any bar or club, dress well if possible.

sugar from the bar
    • Beer Tasting

• Lesnica Hotels

0 Hotels in Lesnica

Lesnica Shopping

by nikola316 Written Nov 8, 2004

Just like any small town supermarket here in Upstate New York

What to buy: As you can see, I recommend Fanta Exotic... I don't drink much soda here, but in Serbia... I drink a lot of this stuff

What to pay: about 80- 90 dinars... food items cost about the same as here in New York

My Favorite Soft Drink
    • Business Travel

by nikola316 Written Apr 29, 2004

Every town has one. You can get most any kind of ocean fish or river fish here. Locally caught trout are popular, as the Drina is very close by. Salted minnows are also a popular item.

What to buy: I'd go for the Trout. It's pretty good. I had some that was cured in olive oil and spices... de-boned. excellent.
    Of course that was at my friend's cousin's house.
    His Uncle had caught the fish.
    I saw similar fish in the fish market though. If they are anything like what I ate... you can't go wrong.

What to pay: It will certainly be much cheaper than what you pay in the US.

Leaving The Wild Rabbit
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

by nikola316 Written Apr 29, 2004

Of course that was at my friend's cousin's house.
    His Uncle had caught the fish.

What to pay: It will certainly be much cheaper than what you pay in the US.

Leaving The Wild Rabbit

Lesnica Warnings and Dangers

by nikola316 Updated Jun 9, 2004

Don't expect to be able to use your 063 Phone in Lesnica. Everyone in town uses 064.

I was able to receive 2 phone calls on my 063 phone, but they both became disconnected as the signal faded.

South of town towards Loznica everything is fine. Also, heading back towards Sabac everything is fine for 063 mobile users.

The main problem is that Lesnica is in the Drina Valley and you fall victim to Bosnian roaming from Republika Srpska.

Don't even bother trying

by nikola316 Written Apr 29, 2004

This is a joke. There is no real danger. This police car just sits at the main 4 corners in town. I don't think it really moves too much... at least I didn't see it move. Maybe it's just there as a deterrent.

The police station is actually just around the corner, but don't worry if you didn't do anything wrong. No problem.

Lesnica, Policija

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Lesnica? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Lesnica Favorites

by nikola316 Written Jul 7, 2004

Favorite thing: If you decide to move to, or already reside in the Lesnica area, this is the school.

Rest assured, your children will be put to work learning reading, writing, arithmetic, and most importantly... history!!

Fondest memory: One of my fondest memory's of Lesnica is us fixing the heater blower motor in a friend's Yugo.

It sounds strange, but it was a good day overall, and of course I drank coffee and 30 year old sljivovica that had just been opened for the occasion of a wedding.

Lesnica skola
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Lesnica

Comments

Lesnica Travel Guide
Map of Lesnica