Pristina Restaurants

Terrace at Monaco Lounge, Pristina
    Terrace at Rings, Pristina
  • Grilled Vegetables and Croquettes at Pishat
    Grilled Vegetables and Croquettes at...

Most Recent Restaurants in Pristina

• Fillou - Thai Restaurant: Great combination of food and atmosphere

by tinushi Updated Jan 31, 2014

Perparim, the owner of restaurant, is the perfect example of kosovar hospitality.Be prepared for a mixure of very cosy atmosphere with great music and delicious food. For those who like to be treated as friends, this is the place!

Favorite Dish: Every dish is wonderfull even pad-thai is an exit. At the end, expect a drink or desert , usually ice cream with rice, from the house. Also, there is a great choice of vines but personally i would recommend to aks for national drink, home made rakia e rrushit ( grape rakia).

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

P4 Meal: A disappointing snack in Pristina

by SWFC_Fan Written Sep 16, 2012
    P4 Meal, Pristina

We ate at P4 Meal during a day trip to Pristina in March 2012.

Our decision to make an afternoon visit to Pristina from Skopje was a last minute one, so we hadn't researched places to eat and we didn't have much time in the city. What little time we did have there we wanted to spend on sightseeing. Having rushed around the city's sights, culminating in the statue of Bill Clinton on Bulevardi Bill Clinton, we had just enough time to grab a bite to eat on our way back to the bus station. P4 Meal was en-route to the station (just a 5-10 minute walk away) so we popped in.

P4 Meal was a pretty basic establishment; just a handful of tables in a small dining room that was barely bigger than a sitting room.

The menu was written wholly in Albanian, but it was easy enough to translate the "Omlet" and "Supe" sections of the menu. The owner/waiter was multilingual, but didn't speak much English. Emma was able to communicate with him in faltering French and I was able to communicate with him in faltering German. All of the faltering was on our side, not his. He could also speak Albanian and Italian.

As we decided what to order, a basket filled with warm bread parcels and a dish containing a yoghurt and paprika dip were brought to our table. It was a delicious appetiser.

I opted for:

Omlet Proshuto (Ham Omelette) - Price: 1.80 Euros

A plate full of omelette (perhaps 3 or 4 eggs worth), filled with chunks of ham and served with lettuce, olives and green chilli peppers. The omelette was a little undercooked for my liking and the meat was a bit fatty. It wasn't a great meal by any means.

Emma opted for:

Supe Pule (Chicken Soup) - Price: 1.50 Euros

Emma wasn't impressed with her meal either. The chicken wasn't very good (she wasn't sure what part of the chicken it had come from) and she only half ate the small bowl of soup.

To drink, I opted for:

Birra Peja - Price: 1 Euro for a 330ml bottle

The local Kosovan beer! It was good, and made up for the omelette.

Emma opted for:

Green Tea - Price: 0.50 Euros for a cup

Overall, we didn't really enjoy the food at P4 Meal and we wouldn't go back again. It didn't matter too much; we were only looking for a quick snack to stave off the hunger until we got back to Skopje for our evening meal and it only cost us a handful of Euros. I'd have happily paid the total bill just for the complimentary bread and yoghurt dip and the cold Peja beer, both of which were very enjoyable!

Home: International Flavours

Area Near Home Restaurant, Pristina

Home Restaurant was recommended in the Lonely Planet, and my dining companions and I were pleased to see a variety of flavours and ingredients on their menu. They also had a few different vegetarian dishes, which made me very happy! We found the service to be friendly, if a little absent (it was hard to flag down our server), and we liked the atmosphere of the patio after dark. My baked eggplant casserole was good, and my companions enjoyed their pasta dishes. This would be a typical restaurant in North America, but it does stand out in the Balkans. If you're tired and kebab and would like a taste of "home", Home Restaurant might be just the spot for you in Pristina.

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Pishat: Best Lunch in the Balkans!

Grilled Vegetables and Croquettes at Pishat

I had no idea that Pishat was as well-regarded as it is; researching this tip I found that many consider it to be Pristina's best restaurant. Fortunately it is priced affordably and the atmosphere is welcoming to everyone- never stuffy- so anyone can visit while they're in Pristina. I enjoyed a truly delicious lunch at Pishat. My grilled vegetable plate was marvelous and the cabbage- in the center of the plate- was the best cabbage I have ever eaten! The "croquettes" were a loose interpretation of the French term, but even so the cheese-filled bread was wonderful as well. Service was friendly, if a little slow (don't visit if you're in a rush!), and the covered terrace was a lovely place to enjoy a slow afternoon meal. I can't recommend this restaurant enough!

Rings Restaurant: Drinks on the Terrace

Terrace at Rings, Pristina

A few travelers I'd met in Macedonia struck up an easy friendship with a server at Rings, so I ended up joining them there- twice- while I was in Pristina. The first time we had a quick drink on the sidewalk terrace, watching pedestrians stroll by along Mother Teresa Boulevard, and the second time I had a breakfast of coffee and fruit salad. While the coffee is good and the people-watching is great, we unanimously agreed that when it comes to Ring's food, you're paying a premium for the view, not the taste! Even so the staff are lovely and the location is terrific, so don't be deterred from stopping by.

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

Monaco Lounge: See and Be Seen

Terrace at Monaco Lounge, Pristina

Arriving on a bus that left Skopje at 9:00 am, and having got so lost my twenty-minute walk into the center took an hour, I was starving by the time I finally found Pristina's famous NEWBORN monument. Fortunately, Monaco Lounge is located right beside the monument and serves up mainly coffees- to bored-looking businessmen texting into their smartphones- but also a few different food items. I had a salad, which was about 75% cheese and 25% vegetables; tasty but I couldn't finish it! Prices run a little high as they're trying to attract a trendy crowd to a terrace right by the most important tourist monument, but that doesn't deter locals from idling hours away at Monaco.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• Kulla: Good Food In a Traditional Country Setting

by hongkong88 Updated Aug 26, 2012

Kulla is the the name of fortified houses built in the Balkans and this countryside restaurant looks like a traditional Kulla. It serves traditional Albanian food and lots of it. It is located in Zllatar which is a 20-30 minutes ride from downtown but it is worth the time. We ate outside and it was very pleasant even in July. We went there as guests after completing a contract so I never saw the bill but I assume prices at average to above average. taxis are pretty cheap in Pristina so you can get there without too bad a hit on your wallet.

Favorite Dish: I has two large rolled chicken fillets that were kind of local cordon bleu.

• Rings: Good Food Varied Menu Good Service

by hongkong88 Updated Aug 13, 2012

This is a chain and we ate at two of them during our stay in Kosovo on business. The menu is varied and really covers the waterfront. You can get any kind of food you feel like. The food is good but the ambiance and service drew us back. It is modern is style but is not overdecorated as many places are in the area. At Rings simple decor is best. The service is excellent and our waiter actually built rapport with my business companion and myself over dinner. I am not forgetting the food. I had soup and chicken cordon bleu. Both were very good. My friend had the veggie pizza and liked it. We tried another Rings near Club 91 and it was along the same lines.

Favorite Dish: Sou[ps and the entrees I had were all good at both locations.

• Siam Thai: Good Semi-Thai Food

by hongkong88 Updated Aug 13, 2012

I ate there twice during a recent business trip to Pristina. I was pleasantly surprised by the Tum Yum Gai (hot chicken soup) on my first trip and liked the green curry the second time Service is friendly and quick. I heard the Thai waitress speaking back to the kitchen in Thai so they must have a Thai chef. The second time I asked for Nam Pla Prik Thai and they had it. It was Nam Pla (fish sauce) but the Prik (hot peppers) was weak and not at all like the real thing. Listen we were in Kosovo not Bangkok so it was fine. I lived and worked in Chiang Mai for three years and have been back on business many times and it isn't pure Thai but it is close enough to enjoy.

Favorite Dish: Green Curry.

• Himalayan Gorkha: Good South Asian Food in Pristina

by hongkong88 Written Jul 28, 2012

It is not an easy place to find . It's on the 2nd floor of the Qafa gallery. I had the Gosht Biryani with soup and nan and it was very good with generous portions. The place is run by Nepalis and the service was good. My one complaint wasn't the food it was the place was a bit hot which took away from the enjoyment of the meal. My friend has a chicken dish and also enjoyed it. Worth a stop if you're in Pristina. They also have take out.

Favorite Dish: Biryani.

• City Bakery: Don't miss the best food in town

by toni99 Written Aug 11, 2011

If you want to taste real Kosova Traditional food you have to order from City Bakery wich is located right in the center of Pristina and the hospitality a cleanes that you can experience there can not finde enywhere.

Favorite Dish: Pide, Mantia, Llokum with home made cream Yami.

• Himalayan Restaurent: Indian Restaurent

by sithik4u Written May 6, 2010

It is an indian restaurent , running by nepal people. you can find indian food items like thali,roti and kadai chicken and madras spicy chicken too.For luch u can eat thali it contains two roti piece and rice with chicken curry. you can find vegetarian dishes also.

Favorite Dish: roti with spicy chicken.

• Verdone's Profile Photo

Prezzo: The best restaurant in Kosovo! Located in Ferizaj

by Verdone Written May 13, 2009

Prezzo is a small, clean, and modern restaurant located in Ferizaj, Kosovo. The owner's name is Freddie and he was a chef in London for 11 years. He trained and worked under Gordon Ramsey (Fox's Hell's Kitchen) and cooked for Nicole Kidman, in addition to others. He takes great pride in the freshness of his beef and the home made steak sauces to go along. His home made cheesecake is also delicious. There is a nice bar inside with a great selection of regional wines.

Favorite Dish: The first time I went to eat here I tried his home made Chicken Kiev. I have been back several times and I get the same thing each time. The Chicken Kiev is made from fresh chicken breasts and his own ingredients. It is incredible! I have sampled my friends steaks and sauces and they are fantastic as well. I would recommend the cheese and onion samosas as an appetizer. They are the Balkan version of samosas, a little different than the Indian version. They are made from filo dough and stuffed with cheese and onions and deep fried. They are the best!

• Wine Tasting

• Verdone's Profile Photo

Aurora: The best burek!

by Verdone Written Mar 25, 2009

Great place to eat after a night of drinking!

Favorite Dish: Burek! You can get half a pan of burek, about the size of half a large pizza, for 2.25 euro, including a yogurt drink. Moist filo dough pastry stuffed with meat, cheese, or spinach and very tasty.

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Cantina Mexican Grill: Another Choice for Mexican

by Greatwalk0 Written Aug 11, 2008

Cantina Mexican Grill is a new welcome addition to the Pristina restaurant scene, now serving as the second Mexican restaurant in Pristina (likely all of Kosovo).

Serving up various burritos, tacos, and nachos, Cantina is a great place for lunch because the food is cheap, served quickly, and you can sit outside at the restaurant's convenient downtown location. All entrees are approximately 3 Euros and the salsa is actually somewhat spicy (a novelty in the Balkans). You won't find Chipotle quality here, but I have enjoyed each of my meals. Cantina also serves breakfast burritos. I enjoy the steak and egg option.

All in all, Cantina is a great new lunch/dinner option. Keep your expectations in check and you'll be sure not to be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: Fajita Burrito
    Steak and Egg Burrito

Instant Answers: Pristina

Comments

Pristina Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pristina restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pristina sightseeing.