Places to eat in Europe

Cheesecake (Dessert)
    by spidermiss
    Sure doesn't look like this at home
    by goodfish
    Sausage,mash and peas
    by mickeyboy07

Most Viewed Restaurants in Europe

THE PLACE FOR MUSIC: THE OLD STOREHOUSE - DUBLIN

by DAO Written Jul 8, 2014

I have to give the Old Storehouse top marks – for the free live music. I absolutely enjoyed the amazingly talented bands I listed to as I ate. Absolutely not a place to miss. OK, the bad part is that the food and beer is average at best. I had a beef stew made with Guinness. It was slightly burned. Ask for an Irish beer or stout and you get blank looks. Heineken anyone? I truly cannot get my head around this. The Old Storehouse is just that. A very old stone warehouse that is a delightful cavernous atmosphere and it’s certainly lively. They offer fantastic live music 7 days a week and it’s all free. My suggestion? Have a burger or just a snack and a European beer while you enjoy some traditional (and modern) Irish music. Skip the stew….

THE OLD STOREHOUSE - DUBLIN THE OLD STOREHOUSE - DUBLIN THE OLD STOREHOUSE - DUBLIN THE OLD STOREHOUSE - DUBLIN THE OLD STOREHOUSE - DUBLIN
    • Music

THE HOT STOVE: BORING IN DUBLIN

by DAO Written Jul 8, 2014

I happened upon this upscale, ‘Modern Irish’ Cuisine restaurant by accident. It is in the basement of Dublin’s Original Georgian Square, Parnell Square West. It is just around the corner from The Garden of Remembrance. Inside is more modern and bland that you would imagine give the name. There is an old hot stove happily burning wood in one of the 2 dining rooms. I was sat in the blander of the 2. Service was polite and professional, but the place lacked any atmosphere at all. The menu was so limited and unappealing; I didn’t even have a starter. For these prices you should see things more appealing than Pigeon and Foie Gras. I couldn’t even really see much in the way of ‘Irish’ dishes and had the 10 oz Irish Ribeye (25 euro). I have to say it was gorgeous and so was the bottle of wine. It was the wrong bottle of wine and there was a lengthy discussion when the bill came. Lengthy.

All in all, I would rather look for something a lot more ‘Irish’ than this. This just did not capture my imagination. And drinks are exceptionally expensive.

Sunday and Monday – Closed
    Tuesday – Thursday – 12:00 PM – 2.30 PM, 5.30 PM – 9.30 PM
    Friday – 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM, 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM
    Saturday – 5:30 PM – 10:00 PM

THE HOT STOVE - DUBLIN THE HOT STOVE - DUBLIN THE HOT STOVE - DUBLIN THE HOT STOVE - DUBLIN THE HOT STOVE - DUBLIN

CAPTAIN AMERICAS: DUBLIN’S ORIGINAL BURGER

by DAO Written Jul 8, 2014

Captain Americas is proud to claim that they brought the original hamburger to Ireland back in December 1971. Since then they have managed to accumulate all sorts of items from famous people so in some ways it looks a little like a Hard Rock Café when you are walking up the stairs. Their memorabilia includes items from U2, Debbie Harry and David Bowie and Green Day. They do serve some delicious food including good steaks. You may want to pop in to book a reservation for any evening meals as they do get very busy at night. At lunchtime you will have the place to yourself. The only sad thing is that they no longer make a Shamrock in your pint of Guinness. They used to, but this seems to have stopped. Their Guinness is still nice and cold and poured correctly at least. This is a great option if you want a bit of atmosphere and fancy some tasty American food.

Open 7 days a week
    Monday – Saturday 12:00 - 22:00, Sunday 12:00 - 21:30

I AM AMERICAN - BUT NOT THE CAPTAIN ! CAPTAIN AMERICAS - DUBLIN CAPTAIN AMERICAS - DUBLIN CAPTAIN AMERICAS - DUBLIN CAPTAIN AMERICAS - DUBLIN

GALLAGHER’S BOXTY HOUSE: TOTALLY (DELICIOUS) IRISH

by DAO Written Jul 3, 2014

If you are in Dublin, this is a MUST eat whether it is for lunch or dinner. This is Modern Irish Cuisine at its best. OK, so what is a Boxty? Boxties are the invention of Pádraic Óg Gallagher, a noted expert on potatoes (really). He developed 3 kinds of originally in Leitrim and they can be found in the border counties of Leitrim, Cavan and Fermanagh. And here in Dublin! Before I explain the 3 types of Boxty, let me just tell you how nice my experience was. I was greeted by my server who was wearing the official uniform which states “Totally Irish” on the sleeve. I received a warm Irish greeting, was served a cold Murphy’s Stout and my order taken. What arrived was a delicious dish that tasted so good, I made sure the plate was absolutely clean. A real delight!

OK, the 3 kinds of Boxty and how there are prepared:

BOILED
    Grated raw potato, cooked mash and flour, kneaded into dumplings, simmered for 12 minutes, chilled and sautéed in a little butter. Served with a sauce of your choice.

BAKED
    Grated raw potato, cooked mash and flour, kneaded with pure Irish butter and lovingly baked in the oven. Delicious!

PANCAKE
    Grated raw potato, cooked mash and flour, made into a batter with fresh milk and slow cooked in a pan until golden brown.

Favorite Dish:

I had the super-delicious Chicken & Smoked Bacon Boxty €16.90. They describe it as ‘Free-range Irish Chicken Fillet in a Creamy Smoked Bacon & Leek Sauce, wrapped in a traditional Leitrim Boxty Pancake’. Please note the pancake is savoury (not sweet). I washed down this very filling dish with a cold Murphy’s Stout (recommended by me!).

Opening Hours:
    7 days a week
    12pm to 10.30pm (ish)

Gallagher���s Boxty House  - Dublin Gallagher���s Boxty House  - Dublin Gallagher���s Boxty House  - Dublin Gallagher���s Boxty House  - Dublin Gallagher���s Boxty House  - Dublin

ZIGNI HOUSE: EAST AFRICAN TREASURE IN LONDON

by DAO Written Jul 1, 2014

This place is a little treasure. I was amazed at how much great looking food kept going to other tables. I was in a hurry and my service was swift, friendly and my food arrived quickly. My combo meal was a real treat. 2 different great tasting dishes served on some very goo injera. This Eritrean/Ethiopian cuisine restaurant is worth a meal. You can have a couple of cold beers and a lot of food for under £25. The restaurant had a great buzz, the waitress glided along and there must have been several cooks going non-stop. This was a great experience and I will enjoy eating here again.

If you have never had injera and Eritrean food – this is a good place to start.

They are open:
    Sunday - Thursday
    12:00 - 23:00
    Fridays & Saturdays
    12:00 - Late

Favorite Dish:
    They offer some fantastic combination deals with Injera. You can have 2 or even 3 dishes for less than £15 and it will fill you up. I had 'Doro Wat'. It is spelled a bit differently on the menu, but it is very traditional. It contains boned chicken with a boiled egg in a spicy red sauce. It is slightly hot. My other main was the vegetarian Ajbo Hamli. This is made from chopped spinach and cheese with spices. I washed all this down with an authentic St. George's beer. Delicious. They also serve traditional honey wine called Tej (listed as Meyes on the menu).

ZIGNI HOUSE RESTARANT & BAR - LONDON ZIGNI HOUSE RESTARANT & BAR - LONDON ZIGNI HOUSE RESTARANT & BAR - LONDON ZIGNI HOUSE RESTARANT & BAR - LONDON ZIGNI HOUSE RESTARANT & BAR - LONDON

RIVINGTON BAR & GRILL: SUPERFANTASTIC IN LONDON

by DAO Written May 10, 2014

I was invited to dinner at this absolutely fantastic restaurant and enjoyed every single bite. The Rivington has a nice Bistro décor and the service is professional. I started with a cold pint of Peroni beer to get the evening started. While sitting at my nice white linen covered table I had a good look over the menu and specials board. Usually the terms ‘British Cuisine’ can lead to a bit of trepidation, but everything sounded great. The Rivington specialises in dishes and food sourced across Britain and Ireland from seafood to steaks. I started with a large Eggs Royale and it was superb. This was followed with one of the less-expensive steaks and a glass of house red wine. Absolutely superb! I don’t eat deserts but the other dinners raved about their after meal treats.

The Rivington is an absolute first class gourmet British Restaurant and a real star in a city that suffers from too many mediocre venues. It is a shore walk from Liverpool Street Station and is great for a business or romantic meal.

To start of your week, try their (Un)Screw Mondays when there are no corkage fees.

You can book online and they also have another ;location in Greenwich and 2 in Dubai.

(A discretionary service charge of 12.5% is added to your bill, but it all goes straight to the staff.)

Opening Times:
    Breakfast 8am to 11am Monday to Friday
    Lunch 12noon to 5pm Monday to Friday
    Dinner 5pm to 11pm Monday to Saturday (10pm Sunday)
    Weekend Brunch 11am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday
    Bar Menu All day every day

RIVINGTON BAR & GRILL - LONDON RIVINGTON BAR & GRILL - LONDON RIVINGTON BAR & GRILL - LONDON
    • Wine Tasting

BEACH BLANKET BABYLON: "$3000 AND NO SOAP - LONDON

by DAO Written Apr 27, 2014

More pretentious than delicious. If you have a bottle of wine for £2300 – you should have soap in your toilets! My starter was a good looking salad, just not a great tasting one. Using green tomatoes is a mistake. My chicken was nice, nothing more. My cheese & biscuits were the star of the show. My beer, like all drinks was expensive. This is a place to be seen at. They need to paint, clean, polish.

This is expensive unless you use deals of of a website.

If you feel the need to eat here - get a deal here:

OpenTable website

BEACH BLANKET BABYLON - LONDON BEACH BLANKET BABYLON - LONDON BEACH BLANKET BABYLON - LONDON BEACH BLANKET BABYLON - LONDON BEACH BLANKET BABYLON - LONDON
    • Wine Tasting

KONOBA LANTERNA: WONDERFUL IN DUBROVNIK

by DAO Written Jan 31, 2014

I found this wonderful restaurant by accident. Actually my nose smelled the wonderful food as I walked past. I liked the menu and briefly walked in to speak to the man I think was the owner. I explained I would be back for dinner and he showed me a menu. Then I smelled more wonderful flavors coming from the kitchen. I was hooked.

When I returned the same quiet and polite man greeted us. We were shown a table in the pleasant and cozy interior. After I ordered a beer I noticed 2 Chinese ladies receiving their seafood platter. They were amazed at the portions and dug in. They were very happy with their meal as were the other dinners.

OK, starters. I had tuna salad that they managed to make awesome. Really lots of fresh tuna. My dining companion had cheese spaghetti. This was actually made from fresh bleu cheese. Lots of it. Amazing.

Then the meat arrived! The Dalmatian Ribsteak was a garlic steak cooked to perfection. When we asked for potatoes rather than fries, we were offered 'boiled potatoes'. This actually turned out to be an amazingly creamy mash.

My mixed grill was stunning. Ordered with roast vegetables, it was just utterly fantastic. All of it was succulent and spiced perfectly. Washed down with a glass of wine.

If you only have 2 nights in Dubrovnik, I would suggest you eat here and next door at the Taj Mahal (Bosnian food). I did eat at both and I have to say my favorite meal was here at the Lanterna. Konoba means 'Tavern', but its actually an old, well run, family restaurant. Service is already included in the price, but I tipped the man anyway. They are quiet and reserved, so sometimes you do have to go to the front of the small restaurant. However, nothing is a problem and they are happy to explain everything on the menu. Its cozy and quiet inside. All the food I saw looked divine and the other dinners were very happy with their meals. Even their wet towelettes were classy.

This is a great restaurant and I do think people get it confused with somewhere nearby. The food is excellent and I would recommend this restaurant over and over again. Just have a look at the pictures of the food!

Favorite Dish:

I had the Tuna Salad as a starter. Fresh, delicious, a generous amount of fresh tuna, well seasoned and just excellent. I had the house red wine (ok) with the mixed grill. Perfection! Moist, hot, spiced to perfection (not too much) and lots of it. Also had a very large cold beer. Just great!

KONOBA LANTERNA - DUBROVNIK, CROATIA KONOBA LANTERNA - DUBROVNIK, CROATIA KONOBA LANTERNA - DUBROVNIK, CROATIA KONOBA LANTERNA - DUBROVNIK, CROATIA KONOBA LANTERNA - DUBROVNIK, CROATIA

ROADHOUSE: GREAT AMERICAN IN LONDON

by DAO Written Jan 26, 2014

The Roadhouse rocks! OK, as an American I can use American lingo to describe one of the best dining experiences in London. If you want great food, fantastic service and a vibrant environment, you need to come and enjoy a meal at the Roadhouse. I booked a table on the Toptable Website and even received a 50% discount on food. Get in there! When I arrived I was greeted at the door like a VIP and escorted to my table. The Roadhouse is a bar and nightclub later at night. I had a dinner reservation for 7pm and I can assure you the music levels were pleasant and you can have a conversation. In fact the music and atmosphere was perfect to create a really pleasant vibe. My waiter was awesome as well. Greg is a credit to the Roadhouse and waiters everywhere. He made sure that I knew about the 2 for 1 drink deals to get things started. Top man! He took my order, checked on me throughout my meal and made sure that I took advantage of the 2 for 1 drink deals as much as possible. In fact I got so relaxed I almost missed my train. Greg and all the staff were great and I cannot recommend eating and drinking at the Roadhouse enough.

The menu is definitely ‘American’ with lots of Tex-Mex options. They have some great options for starters including what they call ‘Small Bites’. You can get great dishes like Jalapeño Cream Cheese Peppers and Bbq Chicken Wings on deals of 3 dishes or 5 dishes for a discounted price. The main dishes include Burgers, Sandwiches, Fajitas, Steaks, Combos and Salads with side orders like Cajun Onion Rings and Cheesy Chips. Essentially all 4 of the American food groups are served: meat, beer, nachos and more meat.

If you want a drink or 3, they have:
    HAPPY HOURS:
    Monday – Friday 2 for 1 from 5.30pm - 7.30pm
    Saturday Happy Hour from 5.30pm - 7.30pm
    Sundays 2 for 1 from 6.30pm - 8.30pm (times may vary on Sunday)

If that doesn’t float your boat – try the FISHBOWLS. These are a massive 50oz drinks with names like ‘Rasberrylicious’. And no, no animals or fish are harmed in the making of these mega drinks.

Please use the Toptable Website to book your meal and any deal. They have table reservations up to 10pm. After that you will find out what the name of the DJ is or you can check out their cool website. They also have live bands every night, DJ’s up to 3am and even ‘Rockaoke’ if you want to express your inner Aerosmith with a large room full of strangers. Also make sure you gave a look at their special offers page on their website and ask about the ‘I ♥ Roadhouse’ Card.

2 IMPORTANT POINTS!
    1. Service (charges) are not included. Please tip great servers like Greg 10-20% based upon the full price of your meal if you get the discount deal. They work really hard and deserve your support.
    2. The Roadhouse is an adult restaurant and venue. It is strictly 18+ and the dress code is smart casual.

OPENING HOURS:
    Monday – Saturday 5:30 pm – 3:00 am
    Sunday 5:30 pm – 12:00 am

Favorite Dish:

I started with the Chicken Fajita Nachos . On the menu its says ‘for 2 people sharing’. No way! I was not about to share this slice of heaven with anyone. This was served with large, moist, chunks of chicken with jalapeños and roasted peppers. They put the guacamole, salsa and sour cream somewhat on the side so you can mix it all to absolute perfection.

My main meal was the absolutely mouth-watering New York Melt. The menu describes this as “Our 8oz sirloin loaded with sautéed mushrooms, caramelised onions and melted cheese. All served with a choice of french fries or mash potatoes, peppercorn or red wine sauce & salad garnish”. I ordered this rare and it was perfection on a plate.

This was all washed down with some 2 for 1 Amstel beers. A great meal, a great deal and a great experience.

AWESOME !

ROADHOUSE IN COVENT GARDEN, LONDON ROADHOUSE IN COVENT GARDEN, LONDON ROADHOUSE IN COVENT GARDEN, LONDON ROADHOUSE IN COVENT GARDEN, LONDON ROADHOUSE IN COVENT GARDEN, LONDON

• DAO's Profile Photo

Kokeb Ethiopian Cuisine - London: LIKE MUM MAKES (IN ETHIOPIA)

by DAO Written Jan 25, 2014

This is Ethiopian food like they make at home. I know – I used to live in Ethiopia. They also have the best Injera in London. The food was fantastic. It was as authentic in terms of taste as any meal I ever in Ethiopia. The owner is a nice lady from just south of Addis Ababa named Getenesh Demissie Gebremichal, or “Geti". She really makes you feel welcome. You can enjoy authentic Ethiopian recipes and Ethiopian beer. A nice relaxing meal in a peaceful setting. Highly recommended by me. She also gets great reviews across many website.

Opening Hours:
    Mon-Sat 12pm-10pm
    Sun 4pm-10pm

Favorite Dish:
    They have a 'combination' meal deal. A meat dish with a vegetarian one. I had Doro Wat and let my hots choose the vegetarian dish for me. Doro Wat is a chicken dish with spicy red sauce and a boiled egg.

Kokeb Ethiopian Cuisine - London Kokeb Ethiopian Cuisine - London Tej (Fermented Honey Wine - takes a year to make) A guide on how to eat Injera ! Kokeb Ethiopian Cuisine - London

KOTO II, LONDON: ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI IN LONDON

by DAO Written Jan 23, 2014

I found this cool restaurant by a very bizarre accident. I was able to get a room in my favourite London hotel, Grange City, and I went looking for a restaurant. Normally I just take the postcode (zip code) of my accommodation and search for a good restaurant on my favourite restaurant website, %L[http://www.toptable.com/?refid=ppc_ggl&gclid=COjjwaDM8KoCFQUOfAod6RUUlg ]Toptable.

That’s when I saw there was a restaurant very nearby that had all you can eat sushi for less than I am allowed for a business meal. When I arrived at my hotel, I found the restaurant was inside the hotel! Get in there!

I was greeted warmly and shown to a seat near a conveyor of endless sushi. I was given 2 hot starters with my meal package. Delicious.

The sushi is a bit unusual. It’s big. A bit too big for the chopsticks. It was tasty and I enjoyed it. You do get soy sauce, wasabi past, and pickled ginger.

On the conveyor belt is some cooked, but mostly raw fish. This is always fresh and the chefs are there to speak to.

It’s not the best sushi I have ever had but it was good and the fruit is absolutely perfectly ripe.

As a business meal, you get a nice quiet place to eat and think. The staff are close by and give you as much or little service as you wish. I have eaten here twice and once used my laptop at the table for work. If you are solo on a business trip this is an excellent choice.

Opening HoursMon-Fri 11:00-22:30
    Sat-Sun Closed

Favorite Dish:
    Sushi, more sushi and beer!

KOTO II, LONDON KOTO II, LONDON KOTO II, LONDON KOTO II, LONDON KOTO II, LONDON

• DAO's Profile Photo

NOODLE, OODLE, LONDON: TASTELESS, EXPENSIVE, WHO GIVES A S**T?

by DAO Updated Jan 21, 2014

Even excrement has a taste. These folks can not even manage that. I ordered a Won Ton soup. Brown water - NO TASTE with noodles with NO TASTE. How do you mange that? Saving money on spices?

Seriously - avoid all their locations like the plague. Even disease leaves a taste in your mouth!

NOT A DAMN THING !

NOODLE, OODLE, LONDON NOODLE, OODLE, LONDON NOODLE, OODLE, LONDON

Surf and Sun: A Russian-Owned Bar

by CarolinaShinigami Written Dec 11, 2013

One thing that you will learn about Cyprus is the many Russian residents living in the country. In fact, many wealthy Russians invest money into the country. When my ship arrived in Cyprus, the country was facing a bank crisis that had many of these wealthy Russian pulling out tons of money from the tax-haven country. To prevent the fast run-off of money, the country decided to put a limit on how much money a person could take out from the bank to prevent the destruction of its banking system. With Russian money investing into the country, it attracts many Russians wanting to make it big in the country. One example is a Russian who owned the Surf and Sun Bar and Bistro.
    My friends- Robert and John- found this place a night earlier and decided to hang out here before we went to a club to celebrate a birthday for one of our Marines who turned 21. We took a cab there and entered the bar. When we entered the bar, we were greeted by the owner. The owner was a female Russian who liked smoking a lot, except in her bar. I want to say that her name is Tatyana, so because it is a Russian name and tickles my memory, we shall go with that name. We sat down, and my friends ordered drinks. I was already full from eating at another restaurant, so I wasn’t in the mood for anything to eat or drink. I used the wi-fi. Another thing that you will learn quickly while in Cyprus is that every place has protected wi-fi that you must ask the owner to give to you. When I used the wi-fi, it was fast and quick, which was awesome because I gained the opportunity to talk to my family.
    Tatyana is an interesting owner. She is fun to be around and likes to make her customers welcomed as family. Even so, she tends to instigate people to drink alcohol- I mean a lot of alcohol. At one point, she brought the Russian vodka. I didn’t drink the vodka because I was the designated walker for our group, but John and Robert drunk the vodka once. I could see the tortured faces as they struggle to deal with the burning sensation; I simply laughed at them. After drinking the first shot, Tatyana pour more. Now, at this point, Robert walked out because he couldn’t handle another shot whereas John- not wanting to drink again- was pressured by her to drink again. John took another shot down and again saw his face struggle from the burn.
    Tatyana didn’t only offer me alcohol drinks, but she was ready to cook a huge pork chop for me. I wish that I could have eaten her pork chop, but I was too full from eating at another restaurant earlier. All her food options on the menu sounded delicious.
    After a while, my group was ready to head out to our club to party. I had to remember this bar because one day I plan to try Tatyana’s pork chop when I take my wife to Cyprus. If you ever visit Limassol, make sure you visit this bar if you want great drinks and a good time.

Favorite Dish: I didn't get to try it, but the enormous pork chop is worth trying out, according to the owner. When I return, I plan on coming back to this restaurant to try this meal.

Beningins: Burgers with British Flare

by CarolinaShinigami Written Dec 10, 2013

To please many of the British staying in Limassol, many restaurants on the strip has many British restaurants. As one will learn, the British military has two main bases in Limassol that protects the Greek side of the island. I guess because many British miss home; they decided to bring a piece of home to Cyprus.
    A group of friends of mines decided to stop at this restaurant after walking for more than 30 minutes to eat dinner. This restaurant is big and can seat a large number of customers. Our waitress would sit us down and give us menus. We looked through the menus to determine what looked good to us. One thing that caught our eye was the chocolate-covered chicken strips. Even though it was unique and something I have never heard before in my life, I knew that I wasn’t going to order that. My group would look at each other to determine who would be brave enough to order it. A brave one would take the risk and ordered it. I ordered the Mushroom and Swiss Burger with a fried egg and Jack Daniels Lemonade drink.
    Everyone’s order came after 20 minutes of waiting. I tried my burger; it was all right. I think what made my burger worth eating was the egg- Something I have never had on any burger that I tried before. As for the chocolate-covered chicken strips, one of my friends tried it and found it to be delicious. Surprisingly, he did not pass out or vomited. Another friend tried the chicken strips, and he found it to be delicious as well.
    Our waitress came back to see how things were. We told her that things were good a few times because she had trouble understanding our English. As we would talk to her, she would just smile and nod in agreement.
    This restaurant is clearly touristy but for many British customers. Even so, this restaurant reminded me of many restaurants in America. The only difference is that this restaurant focused more on popular British sports rather than American sports. This is a good restaurant if you love and miss burgers. If you have the courage, you should try the chocolate-covered chicken strips. Who knows? You may enjoy it as two of my friends did!

Favorite Dish: I had only one dish, which was the burger with egg. I've ate a lot of burgers in my life, especially from America, but the egg in the Mushroom and Swiss burger added a different spin.

My burger

Sykaminia: Authentic Cypriot Cuisine

by CarolinaShinigami Written Dec 7, 2013

Sykaminia is located in Old Town in Limassol. The place is hard to find because it doesn’t stand out. While many restaurants stand out to attract tourists, this restaurant can be hard to find, which it was a great sign. It was a great sign because it meant that I could taste real Cypriot cuisine that many locals would eat. George saved his best gift for last; he wanted to ensure that the remaining group experienced the flavors of Cypriot cuisine. The group walked to the restaurant and sat down after entering the restaurant. Not surprisingly, we were the only non-locals in this restaurant. The restaurant is small but fancy even though it is a more like a buffet restaurant.
    George introduced the group to the hostess and waitresses who would serve the group. Before he left, George told the hostess and waitresses to bring out their best dishes for the group to enjoy, and they did not disappoint! Many of the dishes are Greek-influenced, so one can expect lamb, chicken, and beef. One thing that amazed me is the presentation of the dishes. Everything is beautifully presented, so one will know that food is fresh and flavorful. As the group ate, the restaurant continued to bring more different dishes out; every dish had a different flavor. The wine served by the restaurant made eating the different dishes even more enjoyable. The group had around 10 different dishes. By the end of lunch, one waitress brought out one of the best Baklava that I have ever had. When she brought it out, she said the diet is gone when one eat this dessert.
    The waitresses and even the owner were very pleasant and kind. They took care of us even though the restaurant was very busy. As the group finished the meal, everyone was amazed at the cost: For six people, each person paid 14 Euro. After paying, the waitress- I think that she was another owner- who served the group dessert escorted the group outside. She talked to the group and asked how we enjoyed our meal; the group agreed that the meal was fantastic!
    If you ever decide to visit Cyprus, one should make every effort to visit this hidden gem. Highly recommended!

Favorite Dish: The baklava was a delicious dessert. The dessert is homemade and fresh,. If you decide to come here, you must try out this dessert.

Delicious bean soup Wonderful beef and potatoes Awesome beef and potatoes Delcious wine Amazing baklava
    • Study Abroad

Salou Hotels
170 Reviews - 301 Photos

Instant Answers: Europe

• Jan 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Looking for a light, yet satisfying meal on a sultry July night in Pau last year, we settled on' Au fil des rizieres', 1 Place Gramont, taking window seats. The spacious, air-conditioned interior was a pleasant surprise. I chose the 'Menu Bouddhiste'. It could have been a vegetable overload but the soup and the main dish differed in their spices and vegetables and calmed the stomach. Dessert was a medley of sweetmeats. As we ate, we watched, fascinated through the window as a couple set their radio on the wall below and began practising their version of the tango, moving in and out of the tree canopy, their music faintly audible. As the light faded, bats swooped above them. Service was attentive but discrete and the goodbyes seemed genuinely friendly. 4 main meals and 3 desserts cost only 65.80 euro. A magical evening. Rowing chick

• Jan 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Many thanks leics - as a complete VT novice, I had to make a start somewhere (even the bottom of the Europe travel guide!). As yet I have no pages set up and no clear idea of how to begin, so any gentle directive will be much appreciated.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jan 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I'll send you a VT message. Look at 'Inbox' at the top of this or any page (when you're logged-in) and you'll see (1) when it's arrived. You're obviously an excellent writer so I do hope you'll make some travelpages and tips. :-)

• Oct 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

We recently stayed in a fabulous cottage in Coly, Dordogne area of France. We had several wonderful meals at the local Bistro, La Table de Jean. You can meet them on Facebook.com/latabledejean Great food, friendly service and on the two or 3 evenings we visited live music. Highly recommended and very reasonably priced.

Europe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Europe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Europe sightseeing.
Map of Europe

Popular Countries in Europe

United Kingdom Restaurants  Italy Restaurants  Spain Restaurants  France Restaurants  Germany Restaurants  Greece Restaurants  Netherlands Restaurants  Portugal Restaurants  Ireland Restaurants  Switzerland Restaurants  Croatia Restaurants  Belgium Restaurants  Sweden Restaurants  Austria Restaurants  Norway Restaurants  Poland Restaurants  Russia Restaurants  Denmark Restaurants  Czech Republic Restaurants  Hungary Restaurants  Cyprus Restaurants  Finland Restaurants  Bulgaria Restaurants  Romania Restaurants  Slovenia Restaurants  Malta Restaurants  FYR of Macedonia Restaurants  Iceland Restaurants  Ukraine Restaurants  Republic of Montenegro Restaurants  Estonia Restaurants  Bosnia and Herzegovina Restaurants  Lithuania Restaurants  Republic of Serbia Restaurants  Albania Restaurants  Slovakia Restaurants  Latvia Restaurants  Luxembourg Restaurants  Gibraltar Restaurants  Monaco Restaurants  Belarus Restaurants  Moldova Restaurants  Vatican City Restaurants  Andorra Restaurants  Faroe Islands Restaurants  Svalbard Restaurants

More Countries in Europe

Europe Members Meetings

Jul 24, 2014
Tomorrowland '14 Group
Jul 25, 2014
Meet up for lunch or just gelato
Jul 26, 2014