Places to eat in Europe

by mickeyboy07

Most Viewed Restaurants in Europe

MOURNE SEAFOOD BAR: A BELFAST TRADITION

by DAO Written May 16, 2015

If you like seafood, you will have nothing to cry about here. The Mourne Seafood Bar is a classy restaurant located next to the historical Kelly Cellars serving up freshly caught fish and other seafood from the Irish Sea. The interior is an interesting mix of an open kitchen and a romantically dark upscale restaurant. Between their daily chalkboard specials and large menu – there is something mouth-watering for everyone. The staff are professional, the wine list well stocked and your meal freshly prepared with quality ingredients. All that’s need now is you.

Their fish are brought to them from 2 local ports daily. Their mussels, oysters and cockles are also sourced from local shellfish beds as well. If it was any fresher you would have to get wet.

If the food doesn’t complete your experience you can go out on their fast inflatable boat (rib) as they offer tours of the coast. Details of this exciting day out can be found on their website. If you entertainment needs are a bit more immediate, step outside to hear live authentic Irish music outside Kelly Cellars next door. All and all a great night out.

In addition to seafood they also offer vegetarian options, large Irish beef steaks and children’s’ portions.

I would recommend a reservation by either telephone or email on their website!

Favorite Dish:
    Start with Salt and chilli squid with napa slaw and chilli jam followed by a large pot of Mourne Mussels steamed with white wine, garlic and cream (also available with korma sauce). Washed down with a good bottle of red wine.

Alternatively try the Potstickers and a glass of white wine.

Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast, Northern Ireland Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast, Northern Ireland Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast, Northern Ireland Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast, Northern Ireland Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast, Northern Ireland

BYBLOS: LEBANESE IN BELFAST

by DAO Written May 16, 2015

The owner is inviting, the friendly chef cooks in front of you and the food is tasty as well as healthy! What a great restaurant. The interesting thing is that they do not have an alcohol license, but are virtually across a narrow lane from a very cheap and well stocked off-license (alcohol shop). I purchased a fabulous bottle of wine and the restaurant does not charge a corkage fee. My food was wonderful and the price was pretty good too. I would recommend this restaurant highly. The décor and bathrooms are as bright and inviting as the owner. She is a nice lady from Scotland who started Byblos a few years ago when there were very few restaurants in Belfast. It's still here and getting good reviews. With a freshly grilled meat and your own wine - you just can't beat it.

A must eat in Belfast!

Favorite Dish:
    Haloumi cheese and a mixed kebab with my own selected wine!

Byblos - Belfast, Northern Ireland Byblos - Belfast, Northern Ireland Byblos - Belfast, Northern Ireland Byblos - Belfast, Northern Ireland
    • Wine Tasting

BOGAYO: MORROCAN FUSION IN LONDON

by DAO Written May 14, 2015

I was really impressed with this intimate restaurant. They have a really tasteful North African décor, lightening quick service and great food. They also offer some great meal specials and I was really impressed. My Royal Couscous with some ice cold pints of Peroni beers made for a great experience after a long day at work. They are located near Old Street Tube Station and even have heated sheesha areas outside. Combined with being made to feel welcome by the staff and you have a real winner.

They offer a range of great food discounts and promotions. I booked them and my 50% off food through the OpenTable website. Reserve early as they do get very busy!

They also can rent out the venue for business parties and even arrange belly dancers!

They are open:
    Mon – Fri 8:00 - 15:00 & 17:30 - 23:00
    Sat & Sun - 17:30 - 23:00

Favorite Dish:
    I had the Feta and Merguez sausages salad as a starter and it’s a real wow. This was followed up with the Royal Couscous which has a mix of several meats and vegetables. This was all happily washed down with some cold pints of Peroni beer. Fabulous.

Bogayo Moroccan Restaurant - London Bogayo Moroccan Restaurant - London Bogayo Moroccan Restaurant - London Bogayo Moroccan Restaurant - London Bogayo Moroccan Restaurant - London

THE OLD ORIGINAL BAKEWELL PUDDING SHOP: EAT AN ENGLISH TART

by DAO Written May 11, 2015

OK, OK! It’s a pudding! If you cannot get to Bakewell, let Bakewell come to you. The debate as to wether they sell tarts or puddings has been a topic for over 100 years. Please read on. This is a nice little shop that also serves as a tea room and gift shop. You can select from a huge variety of cakes and puddings, not just the famous ones. They also have gourmet coffees, teas, chocolates and other goodies. Throw in a few handicrafts and you have a place worth having a peek at. They also ship famous Bakewell Puddings – worldwide. If you don’t believe me, go to the town Post Office at 5 o’clock!

Their website listed below has more information, prices and availability.

Bon Appétit!

The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop
    • Women's Travel

SOURCED MARKET (LONDON): THE BEST SAUSAGE ROLL IN THE WORLD

by DAO Written May 11, 2015

Sourced Market sells the world’s best sausage roll. Sausage rolls are a particularly British snack food. They normally have lacklustre sausage meat inside that is virtually flavourless, or worse. They are then surrounded by ‘bread’ that is more like a brick and often leaves a slimy aftertaste in your mouth. Well not here! Their sausage rolls have guess what on the inside? Yes – a sausage! An excellent sausage with a tasty and spicy flavour. And the pastry around it is flaky and light. An absolute delight!

Sourced Market does a lot more that sausage rolls. Mostly they sell stuff that’s good for you. Like tasty smoothies, salads, fresh fruit and even raw vegetables. If you want one of the sausage rolls, make sure you get here early – they do sell out. In fact a lot of the salads do as well in the evening. Sourced Market is a great place to pick up a healthy picnic to tale on the train form either St. Pancreas or Kings Cross just across the street. They even sell wine.

This great place was created by Ben O’Brien and Tim Harvey in 2007 after being inspired by the massive Borough Market. They use small producers and growers to obtain the highest quality ingredients. They are proud to say they are the 1st produce market to be located in a train station. Organic, free-range, sustainable, all that good stuff. They even have knives and forks made from wood! From great tasting ales to fine wines, they have plenty to drink as well as eat. Food options run from olives to stews and sandwiches to lasagne. You just can’t get any better food to take on the train.

Opening Hours:
    Monday - Friday 7am - 9pm
    Saturday 8am - 8pm
    Sunday 10am - 8pm

SOURCED MARKET - LONDON
    • Wine Tasting

ST PANCRAS GRAND: GRAND IN LONDON

by DAO Written May 11, 2015

Yes, it certainly is grand! The prices are actually very affordable, the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is fantastic. Definitely a place to take a date or your boss to impress. This is a fantastic dinning experience inside the best train station in Europe. In days long ago, there were probably gourmet restaurant like this is romantic looking train stations. OK, probably not, but this is an absolute must eat in London. St. Pancras is now the best train station in Europe. It’s beautiful. The Grand has a real buzz, excellent food and they have deals on the OpebTable website.

The Grand offers superior cuisine at the most reasonable prices (for the food) in London. Combined with an internet deal and you having to take the train afterwards – get in there!

Service is great and they are pretty swift. If you do wish to double your bill quickly – just have some champagne.

One in a while you just need to have an experience. If you have to leave London – THIS IS IT!

ST PANCRAS GRAND - LONDON

MICKY'S FISH BAR: AWARD WINNING CHIPS - LONDON

by DAO Written May 10, 2015

How good are the chips? I don't even like chips that much, but then one night - after a lacklustre meal nearby - I stumbled into Mickey’s.

Nirvana!

I had the best chips ever! I mean ever. Normally I never let the Fish and Chip place decide how much salt and vinegar to put on. They made this combination, and the chips, to a wonderful fresh perfection. This is just the best. If you are anywhere near Paddington Station you could enjoy their award winning fish and chips within 5-6 minutes of walking. I urge to try them, especially if you have never had fish and chips. Although you may think they always taste great. There are several thousand BAD fish bars in the greater London area to puke, I mean choose from.

They just take the simple approach here. Clean new decor (renovated in late 2010), simple dishes, quality product and friendly service. Perfection.

So how good are they? Well top Chef Heston Blumenthal eats here! And he also included Mickey’s on one of his television programmes. That good! Read more:

here!

Open
    11:00 - 23:00 Mon - Sat
    11:00 - 22:30 Sun

Mickey?s Fish & Chips, Paddington area, London Mickey?s Fish & Chips, Paddington area, London Mickey?s Fish & Chips, Paddington area, London Mickey?s Fish & Chips, Paddington area, London
    • Singles

MASOB: FANTASTIC ERITREAN FOOD IN LONDON

by DAO Written May 10, 2015

If you are looking for an amazing and interesting dinning experience, you need to come to Mosob and enjoy delicious Eritrean food. How authentic is it? It’s like Mum makes it in Eritrea. In fact this is a family run business and Mum really did cook my food when I dined here. How good is it? Awesome! I had the Minchetabish, which is described as a "Richly spiced minced beef stew". This came on some fabulous Injera bread and had a boiled egg in the middle. Every bite was delicious. I had a simple dish, but the ingredients and recipe made for an amazing meal. I added a Habesha Salad to make a great combination.

The other half of my dinning pleasure was the service, hosting and fun with one of the owners. First he organised a book about Asmara, the capital of Eritrea, to come to my table whilst I waited for my food. Then he started word games that I enjoyed through the rest of the evening. If you want to find out what some of the games are – you need to book and go to Mosob!

There are a lot of Eritrean and Ethiopian (Habesha) dishes. There are also a lot of larger combination menus for 2 people and more. The menu indicates a range from mild, spicy and hot. Vegetarians and Vegans have a great choice – which is always true of Eritrean and Ethiopian cuisine. You (normally) eat with your hands and the staff are more than happy to explain how to eat it, how it’s cooked, what ingredients are inside and any discussion you would like to have about Eritrea.

The restaurant itself has a new and highly decorative interior. You definitely get a flavour of East Africa. The toilets are nice and the seating is comfortable. The bar is fully stocked and does have East African beers and Tej - a wine made from honey.

The restaurant is very easy to find and the map on the website is very easy to follow. There are also cash machines directly across the street.

By the way, if you order salad, you may want to indicate how much, if any, oil you want on it.

Of the hundreds of dinning experiences I have had in London, this one on of the best on a weeknight. As a business traveller I really appreciated the food, the service, the company and the affordability. A wonderful experience. I recommend it and I will return.

Opening hours:
    Mon - Fri 18:00 - 23:30
    Sat & Sun 15:00 - 24:00

Favorite Dish:
    Minchetabish stew, Habesha salad and cold St. George's (Ethiopian) beer.

MASOB ERITREAN RESTAURANT - LONDON MASOB ERITREAN RESTAURANT - LONDON MASOB ERITREAN RESTAURANT - LONDON MASOB ERITREAN RESTAURANT - LONDON MASOB ERITREAN RESTAURANT - LONDON

ROMANO’S: ITZA ALRIGHTA - LONDON

by DAO Written May 9, 2015

I booked Romano on the Top Table website and took a 50% off food deal. When I arrived I was shoehorned into a corner table. This place is not big. My waiter was nice enough, but you could tell he knew how to charm and keep regular clientele. My bread was, well bread. My starter was a starter portion of seafood linguine and I have to say it was excellent. Bizarrely I was never offered parmesan cheese, yet the regulars at the table almost touching me were. Hmmm..

So my house ½ bottle of red was a bit below average. It happens. My main was a veal dish and it was hot. I do have to say they do make up things fresh and hot. It was good. The vegetables were good. Service was good.

Overall it was ok. I got a reasonable meal at a reasonable price with my deal. Had I paid full price – this would be a less positive tip.

If you are looking for amazing Italian food – this isn’t it. If you get a deal and want reasonable Italian food – this is a good place in a very nice location.

ROMANO���S - LONDON ROMANO���S - LONDON ROMANO���S - LONDON ROMANO���S - LONDON ROMANO���S - LONDON

BARBICAN TANDOORI: SQUARE DEAL IN THE SQUARE MILE

by DAO Updated May 3, 2015

You can get a great deal that’s an absolute steal here. I booked a deal for a 5 course meal for £15 on the Open Table website. Then they poured me a big shot of Jack Daniels before I left. You will not get a better deal in London. In fact you may wonder why or how they do it. The simple answer is that this great little restaurant is located in a business area. Inside the City of London actually. During weekdays this place probably does a massive lunch trade. They are surrounded by business offices and loads of well to do working people during the day. In fact I sometimes work out of a solicitor’s office across the street where I can get all the champagne and steak I want whilst I am there. You get the idea. At night there are not many residents so they have this great meal deal. I say “get in there!”. It is within eyesight and an easy walk from the Barbican Tube Station and only 2 stops from Kings Cross/St. Pancreas rail stations.

So my experience? Excellent.

I arrived and my luggage (I was leaving by train) was taken and I was escorted downstairs to a very pleasant dinning room. My waiter was always within 10 feet of me and I was made to feel welcome. I explained I was in a hurry and my meal was brought swiftly. First a starter with a nice hot meat samosa, chicken tikka and an onion baghi. Next came my massive Barbican Chicken Special. Served in a really cool dish with several smaller dishes set inside it – this looked great. It tasted great as well. Washed down with a pint of Kingfisher beer – I had more than enough to eat. Chicken curry, rice, garlic naan bread, a vegetable (spinach/potato) side dish, onion baghi and salad. I could not even eat it all.

My waiter was polite, helpful and quick. I even had a chance to meet the chef who made my nice meal in his immaculately clean kitchen.

These guys are trying to please and they will treat you well.

I had a great meal, paid a very low price and really appreciated the experience. Then I caught my train.

Oh. Did I mention the free Jack Daniels? Yes – a complementary drink! Top drawer.

I will be back!

Opening hours: Mon - Sat: 12:00-2:30 & 6:00-11:00, Sun: 6:00-11:00
    Free Home Delivery for orders over £10 - see their delivery map on their website

Free Jack Daniels ! Barbican Tandoori - London Barbican Tandoori - London Barbican Tandoori - London Barbican Tandoori - London
    • Trains
    • Work Abroad

MASALA ZONE: TOO FAST (INDIAN) FOOD - LONDON

by DAO Written May 2, 2015

Something is wrong when the waiter tells you that a full ‘Thali’ will be out in seconds and that ordering a fresh Nan bread would slow that down. A Thali can be meat or vegetarian and is a range of dishes served on a large platter for you to mix and match. Normally this is the, most expensive dish on the menu of any Indian cuisine restaurant offering this and it takes a while to cook it all and put it all together to bring to your table.

The food arrived in less than 3 minutes. I have had some wonderful meals in Indian restaurants. Not usually in London and not here. This is a fast food outlet. I left hungry and disappointed. I also found the cost of the beer excessive. I would advise finding a proper Indian restaurant rather than this food factory. You can get a lot better quality for the price.

Please note:
    You will see this chain of restaurants advertise in the Tube. If you are on a budget in terms of both time and money – you can find one of these joints at the following locations across London:

Bayswater, Camden Town, Covent Garden, Earl's Court, Fulham, Islington and Soho

This location is open:
    Mon to Fri 1230 – 1500, 1730 – 2300 Sat 1230 – 2300 Sun 1230 – 2230
    Sadly they also deliver and offer deals on their website.

MASALA ZONE - LONDON MASALA ZONE - LONDON MASALA ZONE - LONDON MASALA ZONE - LONDON MASALA ZONE - LONDON

MOSOB: FANTASTIC ERITREAN - LONDON

by DAO Written May 2, 2015

If you are looking for an amazing and interesting dinning experience in London, you need to come to Mosob and enjoy delicious Eritrean food. How authentic is it? It’s like Mum makes it in Eritrea. In fact this is a family run business and Mum really did cook my food when I dined here. How good is it? Awesome! I had the Minchetabish, which is described as a "Richly spiced minced beef stew". This came on some fabulous Injera bread and had a boiled egg in the middle. Every bite was delicious. I had a simple dish, but the ingredients and recipe made for an amazing meal. I added a Habesha Salad to make a great combination.

Opening hours:
    Mon - Fri 18:00 - 23:30
    Sat & Sun 15:00 - 24:00

Favorite Dish:
    Minchetabish stew, Habesha salad and cold St. George's (Ethiopian) beer.

Masob Restaurant London Masob Restaurant London Masob Restaurant London Masob Restaurant London Masob Restaurant London

LA TAVAS: THE BEST GREEK IN BRITAIN

by DAO Written May 2, 2015

La Tavas calls itself a Mediterranean restaurant. I call it the best Greek food I have ever had outside of Greece - and better than most in Greece! The food here is simply stunning. They also offer an amazing range of menu options. From the sumptuous À la carte menu, to Tapas, a fixed price menu (2 or 3 course) and Deli. And if that wasn't all delicious enough, there is also a Specials Board to tempt your tastebuds. They also do Takeaway if you want to enjoy your food at home. Reservations are recommended - especially on weekends. Its a small restaurant so don't miss out. The service was excellent and they are proud to be a family-run business.

You can also register on their website for exclusive offers.

They are open:
    Tuesday - Thursday 12pm - 2pm, 6pm - 9.30pm
    Friday 12pm - 2pm, 6pm - 10pm
    Saturday 6pm - 10pm

Favorite Dish:
    I enjoyed a shefalia starter. Large Cypriot sausages without casings. Then I had the Greek Board - a stunning value at £12.50pp. It includes:
    Tzatziki, houmous, olives, chicken kebab, shefalia, moussaka, chargrilled haloumi cheese, dolmades, a greek salad and mixed breads. Wow! The small moussaka alone was fantastic. It contained minced lamb, flavoured with red wine, cinnamon & mint, topped with aubergines, béchamel sauce and cheese. That's the description on the menu and I have never seen such a small dish pack so much taste. Everything they do is pure quality. Lovely!

Please note - if you want the massive Full Greek Board - you have to order 1 day in advance.

La Tavas - Halifax, England La Tavas - Halifax, England La Tavas - Halifax, England La Tavas - Halifax, England La Tavas - Halifax, England

XO: PAN FUSION - A DEAL IN LONDON

by DAO Written May 1, 2015

Delicious. I took the deal and had the meal. I booked on OpenTable to ensure I could have a wonderful 3 course meal and a pint of beer within my business allowance. I am glad I did. XO is A real delight and is absolutely buzzing. I chose the Beef san choi bau starter from the set menu - amazing. A great blend of tastes, peanuts to add as you like on the side, and a good portion. My main was the Penang duck curry with a fantastically aromatic rice side. My pint of cold Ashai beer rounded off the meal to perfection. My desert dish was eaten by someone else who gave it a big thumbs up.

With the OpenTable deal I was able to enjoy a fantastic meal within my business expense budget. I would highly recommend XO to any business traveller in the area.

XO restaurant London XO restaurant London XO restaurant London
    • Women's Travel

• DAO's Profile Photo

LANES OF LONDON: NO WAITER IN LONDON!

by DAO Written Apr 28, 2015

This was formerly '140 Park Lane'. Its still at that address, has the same interior, just new owners. I booked a meal deal on the OpenTable Website. It sounded a good deal and when I walked in, I thought the place looked impressive. Roomy, bright, colorful and lots of wine chillers. Lots. Then I noticed something odd. I couldn't find any staff to get a table. I finally found someone who worked in the bar to find me a restaurant staff member. This went on during the whole time I was there.

Want to order? Go find someone.
    Want a drink? Go find someone.
    Want to order the second course? Go find someone.
    Want the bill and to leave? Go find someone.

The food? It was very good, but small portions.

Opening Hours:
    Open seven days a week
    Breakfast - 6.30am to 11.00am
    All Day Dining - 12.00pm to 10.30pm
    Afternoon Tea - 12.00pm to 5.30pm

Favorite Dish:
    Roast Quail breast and quail egg starter. Pan fried Scottish sea trout with crushed Jersey royals (potatoes).

No waiter here!

Venice Hotels
8266 Reviews - 21943 Photos

Instant Answers: Europe

• Jan 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Looking for a light, yet satisfying meal on a sultry July night in Pau last year, we settled on' Au fil des rizieres', 1 Place Gramont, taking window seats. The spacious, air-conditioned interior was a pleasant surprise. I chose the 'Menu Bouddhiste'. It could have been a vegetable overload but the soup and the main dish differed in their spices and vegetables and calmed the stomach. Dessert was a medley of sweetmeats. As we ate, we watched, fascinated through the window as a couple set their radio on the wall below and began practising their version of the tango, moving in and out of the tree canopy, their music faintly audible. As the light faded, bats swooped above them. Service was attentive but discrete and the goodbyes seemed genuinely friendly. 4 main meals and 3 desserts cost only 65.80 euro. A magical evening. Rowing chick

• Jan 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Many thanks leics - as a complete VT novice, I had to make a start somewhere (even the bottom of the Europe travel guide!). As yet I have no pages set up and no clear idea of how to begin, so any gentle directive will be much appreciated.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jan 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I'll send you a VT message. Look at 'Inbox' at the top of this or any page (when you're logged-in) and you'll see (1) when it's arrived. You're obviously an excellent writer so I do hope you'll make some travelpages and tips. :-)

• Oct 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

We recently stayed in a fabulous cottage in Coly, Dordogne area of France. We had several wonderful meals at the local Bistro, La Table de Jean. You can meet them on Facebook.com/latabledejean Great food, friendly service and on the two or 3 evenings we visited live music. Highly recommended and very reasonably priced.

Europe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Europe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Europe sightseeing.
Map of Europe

Popular Countries in Europe

United Kingdom Restaurants  Italy Restaurants  France Restaurants  Spain Restaurants  Germany Restaurants  Greece Restaurants  Netherlands Restaurants  Portugal Restaurants  Ireland Restaurants  Belgium Restaurants  Switzerland Restaurants  Sweden Restaurants  Austria Restaurants  Croatia Restaurants  Poland Restaurants  Norway Restaurants  Russia Restaurants  Denmark Restaurants  Czech Republic Restaurants  Hungary Restaurants  Bulgaria Restaurants  Finland Restaurants  Romania Restaurants  Slovenia Restaurants  Cyprus Restaurants  Malta Restaurants  Ukraine Restaurants  Iceland Restaurants  Lithuania Restaurants  Bosnia and Herzegovina Restaurants  Estonia Restaurants  FYR of Macedonia Restaurants  Republic of Montenegro Restaurants  Slovakia Restaurants  Latvia Restaurants  Republic of Serbia Restaurants  Albania Restaurants  Luxembourg Restaurants  Monaco Restaurants  Gibraltar Restaurants  Belarus Restaurants  Moldova Restaurants  Vatican City Restaurants  Liechtenstein Restaurants  Andorra Restaurants  Svalbard Restaurants  Faroe Islands Restaurants  San Marino Restaurants

More Countries in Europe