Places to eat in Europe

by mickeyboy07

Most Viewed Restaurants in Europe

• The Harrods Cafe: The Harrods Cafe

by Rena_R Updated Aug 26, 2002

The atmosphere is impeccable (as is the store itself) and the service is great also. Though the prices aren't exactly a bargain, you really get what you pay for (plus a free 'ticket' to the washroom!)

Favorite Dish: tea (breakfast blend) and scones

• Pizza or Italian,i like spicy...

by gopies Written Aug 26, 2002

Pizza or Italian,i like spicy food
    I like my whole family around me.
    We all get along so well, we have a couple of babies due in the next months.
    We all work full time,earn decent wages,most could call call the 'normal family'

Favorite Dish: Pepper Steak,medium to well done.

• johnortega's Profile Photo

MARIO'S: MARIO'S

by johnortega Written Aug 26, 2002

Mario's has always ranked as one of the top Italian restaurants in Moscow but today some foodies say the two resident Italian chefs have turned it into the best restaurant in town. Using ingredients flown in twice a week from Italy they create consistently wonderful pasta dishes. The carpaccio never fails, but Mario's is excellent whatever you choose.Flavio is the chef and Mario runs the front, good selection on wines and Limoncella.Extremly buzy, the whos who of Moscow eat there. You won't believe how many black Mercedes are parked outside with their body guards!

Favorite Dish: White Mushrooms with French greens and balsamic sauce

• johnortega's Profile Photo

Beloye Solntse Pustyni or...

by johnortega Written Aug 26, 2002

Beloye Solntse Pustyni or White Sun of the Desert
    This is one of 38 restaurants that Arkady Novikov owns
    Where else can you eat excellent Uzbek food in a boat beside dancing sturgeon or by a mannequin holding a machine gun? Superb surroundings from the classic Russian film of the same name, delicious laghman and salads to slather over. Named after a legendary Soviet film, Beloye Solntse Pustyni (The White Sun of the Desert) is a theme restaurant that specializes in delicious Uzbek food. The restaurant's sun-bleached exterior instantly sweeps you down to Central Asia. Inside, the illusion continues: a diorama with a ship marooned in the desert, Uzbek maidens as waitresses, and intricately carved wooden doors. The Dastarkhan, a set meal, overwhelms you with food - unlimited access to a mouthwatering array of vegetables at the salad bar, numerous desserts, a plov (a Central Asian rice pilaf), and a main course. If you want to understand all the White Sun references, head for the foyer where you can buy the film.Metro: Kuznetsky Most.

Favorite Dish: Shaslik,pork,fish,lab,chicken (shish Kabob)

• Pizza Piccolo: Pizza Piccolo

by guiness2 Written Aug 26, 2002

The place is nothing special to look at, but its wood-oven cooked pizza is one of the best in Europe. At 68 CZK for a loaded pizza for 2 ($1.80) this is one of the can't miss restaurants in Czech.

Favorite Dish: Pizza

• drjds's Profile Photo

Weinhaus Maternus, Post Sr. 3,...

by drjds Written Aug 26, 2002

Weinhaus Maternus, Post Sr. 3, Bad Godesberg, Bonn Deutschland.
    All the top government people ate here. It was so warm and comfortable and it was discrete.

Favorite Dish: I was fed whatever they decided to feed me on the days I was working.

• There was an Italian...

by saywhatever Written Aug 26, 2002

There was an Italian restaurant in Dijon that we soooooo good. The best Italian food that I have eaten anywhere including Italy. I don't the name of it, but it is close the the old administration building in Dijon.
    I think that the price was reasonable.

Favorite Dish: It had all kinds of pasta and different sauces that you could choose. The pizzas looked so good to. They served one with a poached egg in the middle of it.

• Tree house on US I: Tree house on US I

by joycee Updated Aug 26, 2002

Price$7.00. Very cluttered old place but spotlessly clean, dark, cold, and food is served on odd plates and drinks in jam(jelly) jars. Nothing matches and children are not served, in fact they state on menu that kid's will enjoy Mc donalds better! the place is packed with old stuff, not really antiques but nobody sane will tell the owner as she is a little dottie!!!!

Favorite Dish: CHICKEN BREAST STUFFED WITH CHEESE AND BROCCOLI, SAVOURY RICE. Followed by a huge slice of carrot-cake(home-made) freshly made lemonade.

• Mumpy's Profile Photo

On Guernsey, in St. Peter...

by Mumpy Written Aug 26, 2002

On Guernsey, in St. Peter Port, there is a little cafe called Dix Neuf. It is downtown, in a corner. You can rest your weary feet after a day of shopping.
    Great scones and clotted cream ,with sweet jam. A delight at tea time. Always crowded with a mix of ages.

Favorite Dish: Great scones and clotted cream ,with sweet jam. A delight at tea time.

• Pink_Pash's Profile Photo

I had my share of favorite...

by Pink_Pash Written Aug 26, 2002

I had my share of favorite restaurants throughout Europe. To name a few: Benjy's, Pasta Bella, and Ponti's in London (on the inexpensive end). I wasn't much of a luxury traveler so much of my restaurant visits were confined to the inexpensive or budget-consious. If you look for luxury dining, you're looking at the wrong page. Venice has a great many eateries, look for the mom and pop type, they've an excellent menu that doesn't sacrifice typical flavors to please the touristy pallate. There was an incredible restaurant called Caribe in Florence, almost next door to Ostello Firenze 2000. My mexican tastebuds were dying for some latin spiciness and Caribe was just the correct antidote. Try the paella, it's delicious. Milan was not the place to go out and eat, I was stuck in bed most of the time with a horrible hangover. Spizzico was my favorite Italian fast food joint, try it, you'll enjoy it. In Rome there was this great 'Ristorante Cinese' I don't quite remember the name of it, but it's by Via Palestro right in front of the Yellow Hostel. I really cannot comment on my favorite restaurant in Cinque Terre, I'm not a seafood type of a person, so in the culinary sense, I was pretty miserable there.

Favorite Dish: I have to say, that the most memorable eating experience was in Benjy's in London. Breakfast at Benjy's became a tradition in my Europe travels. Two eggs any style, sausage, rasher of bacon, chips (fries for the American bunch), baked beans, toast, and your choice of drink. When in London, drink an orangina, you'll enjoy it immensely. I know I did. In Italy panino is the traveler staple, have a great panini with grilled vegetables, prosciutto cotto, fromaggio, and salami, they're fantastic. Also, Planet Hollywood in Rome has great ribs and bruschetta al pomodoro.

• Ann_Ernst's Profile Photo

Great pub in Oxford, the Eagle...

by Ann_Ernst Written Aug 26, 2002

Great pub in Oxford, the Eagle and Child. It's where the Inklings met weekly for more than thirty years. The Inklings included the writers J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis.
    Small sitting rooms up front with just one or two tables. A great place to cozy up and chat.

Favorite Dish: Beer!

• Mike_Grote's Profile Photo

When visiting Windsor ask...

by Mike_Grote Written Aug 26, 2002

When visiting Windsor ask about the Bell and Dragon. This restaurant is about 2 to 3 blocks from the Windsor Castle.
    This restaurant is situated near the Thames river. After dinner take a walk along the river where you might catch a teenage rowing team practicing.

Favorite Dish: Any of the seafood items are good. I've had the salmon and a white fish...possibly halibut.

• I must admit that I don't have...

by kirkman1979 Written Aug 26, 2002

I must admit that I don't have a clue what the name of the restaurant was. It was in Salzburg and the goal of the day was to eat authentic food. We were kind of sick of the food directed for tourists. Even though I didn't have Austrian food, I had the best (by far) chicken cordon bleu. It was incredible! It's also become one of my signature dishes to make.
    I think my biggest shock came right away with the water. I was not used to it coming with bubbles and still to this day I get a very distinct flavor in my mouth when I think if it.

Favorite Dish: I was particularly fond of Italian wine. Maybe a little too fond but you know what they say, 'When in Rome...'

• emys's Profile Photo

wel...a lot to seen a little...

by emys Written Aug 26, 2002

wel...a lot to seen a little to say. my favorite restaurant it's located near summer resort MAMAIA more preciselly between MAMAIA and CONSTANTA, named 'La Scoica', where it's served traditional food, italian food, romanian wine and surprize!!! a great ambiance that you will never forget. believe me!
    The atmosphere in this place is ...unique! it's a place for lovers, a places for special moments and ocasion.

• mariquita's Profile Photo

mariquita's Restaurant Tip

by mariquita Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite Dish: The food in Europe is obviously as diverse as the continent is. There are many delicious dishes. My favorites are the Mediterranean flavours: olive oil, red wine and provencal spices; the German pastry and the Italian ice creams.

Europe Hotels

Brugge Hotels
2794 Reviews - 7475 Photos

Instant Answers: Europe

• Jan 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Looking for a light, yet satisfying meal on a sultry July night in Pau last year, we settled on' Au fil des rizieres', 1 Place Gramont, taking window seats. The spacious, air-conditioned interior was a pleasant surprise. I chose the 'Menu Bouddhiste'. It could have been a vegetable overload but the soup and the main dish differed in their spices and vegetables and calmed the stomach. Dessert was a medley of sweetmeats. As we ate, we watched, fascinated through the window as a couple set their radio on the wall below and began practising their version of the tango, moving in and out of the tree canopy, their music faintly audible. As the light faded, bats swooped above them. Service was attentive but discrete and the goodbyes seemed genuinely friendly. 4 main meals and 3 desserts cost only 65.80 euro. A magical evening. Rowing chick

• Jan 29, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Many thanks leics - as a complete VT novice, I had to make a start somewhere (even the bottom of the Europe travel guide!). As yet I have no pages set up and no clear idea of how to begin, so any gentle directive will be much appreciated.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jan 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I'll send you a VT message. Look at 'Inbox' at the top of this or any page (when you're logged-in) and you'll see (1) when it's arrived. You're obviously an excellent writer so I do hope you'll make some travelpages and tips. :-)

• Oct 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

We recently stayed in a fabulous cottage in Coly, Dordogne area of France. We had several wonderful meals at the local Bistro, La Table de Jean. You can meet them on Facebook.com/latabledejean Great food, friendly service and on the two or 3 evenings we visited live music. Highly recommended and very reasonably priced.

Europe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Europe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Europe sightseeing.
Map of Europe

Popular Countries in Europe

United Kingdom Restaurants  Italy Restaurants  France Restaurants  Spain Restaurants  Germany Restaurants  Greece Restaurants  Netherlands Restaurants  Portugal Restaurants  Ireland Restaurants  Belgium Restaurants  Croatia Restaurants  Switzerland Restaurants  Sweden Restaurants  Austria Restaurants  Norway Restaurants  Poland Restaurants  Russia Restaurants  Denmark Restaurants  Czech Republic Restaurants  Hungary Restaurants  Bulgaria Restaurants  Finland Restaurants  Slovenia Restaurants  Romania Restaurants  Cyprus Restaurants  Iceland Restaurants  Malta Restaurants  Ukraine Restaurants  Estonia Restaurants  Bosnia and Herzegovina Restaurants  Republic of Montenegro Restaurants  Lithuania Restaurants  FYR of Macedonia Restaurants  Slovakia Restaurants  Latvia Restaurants  Albania Restaurants  Republic of Serbia Restaurants  Luxembourg Restaurants  Gibraltar Restaurants  Monaco Restaurants  Belarus Restaurants  Moldova Restaurants  Faroe Islands Restaurants  Andorra Restaurants  Svalbard Restaurants  Vatican City Restaurants  Liechtenstein Restaurants  San Marino Restaurants

More Countries in Europe