Bran Shopping

• Not the shop - the entrance where you pay
    Not the shop - the entrance where you...
    by Penelope4
  • I could hardly walk with my bags afterwards
    I could hardly walk with my bags...
    by Penelope4
  • and then I went to another rows of shops, geez!!!
    and then I went to another rows of...

Best Rated Shopping in Bran

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

Shop inside the museum/Bran Castle: Truffles!

by Penelope4 Written May 14, 2011

The shop sells all sorts of souvenirs. What makes it so special? Well, the tourists are regarded as guests in such a way that there are no Security Guards inside the shop, no surveillance camera, no suspicious eyes staring at you. They know that visitors pay the stuffs they choose. Or else...Dracula will haunt them.

What to buy: Postcards, key holders, jewelries, woodcrafts, small metal things showing some touch of Romania in them, necklaces with some small insects, small bats.

What I regretted not buying are Romanian truffles!!! They look so delectable and the price was alright.

What to pay: Not much as far as I can remember.

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

• Penelope4's Profile Photo

shops outside the Bran Castle: t-shirts, blouses, dolls

by Penelope4 Written May 14, 2011
    I could hardly walk with my bags afterwards

There are many souvenir stores outside the Bran Castle.

My tip is ask your Romanian friend to bargain for you. If you don't have a local companion, then, bargain (not half the price though).

What to buy: T-shirts are common gifts. If you have more money for souvenirs, buy your loved ones, handmade blouses, preferably made of special material (not cotton - it is a softer material). The stitches/embroidery make the blouse stand out wherever you go.

If you just want t-shirts, remember that the shops sell almost the same design so if a store doesn't have the size you are looking for, keep on looking.

What to pay: Much less than what you pay for in Bucharest.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Bran

Comments

Bran Shopping

Reviews and photos of Bran shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bran sightseeing.