Gheorgheni Off The Beaten Path

  • Off The Beaten Path
    by katalin
  • Off The Beaten Path
    by katalin
  • Off The Beaten Path
    by katalin

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Gheorgheni

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Garden II. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Written Mar 21, 2013
    3 more images

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Address: RO-535500 Gheorgheni Ferenc Rákóczi str. 1.

    Related to:
    • Road Trip
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Museum Visits

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Outdoor exhibition II. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Written Mar 21, 2013
    4 more images

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Address: RO-535500 Gheorgheni Ferenc Rákóczi str. 1.

    Related to:
    • Museum Visits
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Road Trip

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Outdoor exhibition I. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Written Mar 21, 2013
    3 more images

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Address: RO-535500 Gheorgheni Ferenc Rákóczi str. 1.

    Related to:
    • Road Trip
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Museum Visits

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Garden I. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Written Mar 21, 2013
    4 more images

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Address: RO-535500 Gheorgheni Ferenc Rákóczi str. 1.

    Related to:
    • Museum Visits
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Hiking and Walking

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Gheorgheni Municipal Hospital

    by katalin Updated Mar 10, 2013
    1 more image

    Gheorgheni heart of the old Market Square Liberty Square today known as Transylvania, one of the most beautifully landscaped small town's main square. Today's image 19-20. it was the turn of the century, when pulled-storey buildings in the houses of local artisans primitive place. They are now one of the city hospital, another in court.

    Related to:
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Mountain Climbing

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Lacu-Rosu

    by katalin Written Jun 23, 2012
    1 more image

    The Gheorgheni 24 kilometers from the lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in Transylvania, which is 983 m above sea level.

    The lake formed in the summer of 1837, the north-west slope of Red Stone slips due to accumulated debris material, which is the result of heavy rains poured down and blocked the valley where the stream is more united.
    The Red Stone creek sediments often rust-colored red in the lake, from where the lake is another name for the Red Lake.

    Related to:
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Family Travel
    • Road Trip

    Was this review helpful?

Instant Answers: Gheorgheni

Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers

105 travelers online now

Comments

Gheorgheni Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Gheorgheni off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gheorgheni sightseeing.

View all Gheorgheni hotels