Gheorgheni Things to Do

  • Things to Do
    by katalin
  • Things to Do
    by katalin
  • Things to Do
    by katalin

Most Recent Things to Do in Gheorgheni

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Mineral exhibition I. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Updated Mar 21, 2013

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    4 more images

    The new fund Martin Tarisznyás Museum exhibition, dr. Gyula Jakab engineering geologist collection.

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Related to:
    • Road Trip
    • Museum Visits
    • Skiing and Boarding

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Mineral exhibition III. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Updated Mar 21, 2013

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    4 more images

    The new fund Martin Tarisznyás Museum exhibition, dr. Gyula Jakab engineering geologist collection.

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Related to:
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Museum Visits
    • Skiing and Boarding

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Mineral exhibiton II. - Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Updated Mar 21, 2013
    4 more images

    The new fund Martin Tarisznyás Museum exhibition, dr. Gyula Jakab engineering geologist collection.

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Related to:
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Museum Visits
    • Hiking and Walking

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    Martin Tarisznyas Museum

    by katalin Updated Mar 10, 2013
    4 more images

    The first Gyergyói Museum organization started in 1902, where hundreds gathered in the inventory object decades, but the material in 1944, the wartime circumstances were destroyed. The XX. century of accumulated some museum objects of local Armenians came from donations. Including Martin Tarisznyás's grandfather, then a young John Tarisznyás more than twenty antiques donated by the growing "A Museum-dividend".

    The resumption 1950-51 is estimated at Martin Tarisznyás and John Christmas initiative. Tarisznyás of Targu Mures curatorial activities initiated after entrusting the organization of museums Gheorgheni.

    The Museum founded and opened the first issue (the old Community Center) in 1952, was, and will continue in the following years, the museum material enrichment. The museum then dr. Andor Csiby and Ákos Bálint teacher-led operation.
    Ákos Bálint is my great-grandfather.

    Gheorgheni discover the Museum of Cinema in 1956 moved to the building of material and the management of the 1956th September 17 th Ákos Bálint takes Martin Tarisznyás, who was the only employee in difficulty Museum. The money, the staff, the surfaces exhibit superhuman lack of a personal challenge to the museum. In subsequent years, the young, agile museum director under the leadership of its ranks, begin to develop the Museum in 1958, organizing the natural history department, and in 1961, manages to move into the existing historic building where the additional years of renovations, building additions are made.

    Begin to Lãzarea excavations in 1970 and founded the "Christmas gallery" and in 1972 "The Forest from the ethnography" is made ​​of the permanent exhibition, and in the same year the museum quality scientific session is home to the museum and the stem in a mountain castle. A few years later, in 1977, a recent scientific conference will be held within the Museum's founding ceremony of the quarter-century anniversary.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Treatment included the ruins of the Lãzarea Lazar castle, and brought in professional help stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Tarisznyás work under the direction of the Museum soon manifested itself in a growing area. Lãzarea Lazar treatment included the ruins of the castle, and brought in professional Peștera Șugãu stalactite cave exploration, mapping and management, however, started in the outdoor area, a small museum to create objects needed to be settled.

    Compiled by: András Tibor Csergõ Director, Levente Szõcs curator

    Related to:
    • Photography
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Museum Visits

    Was this review helpful?

  • katalin's Profile Photo

    St. Nicholas Church

    by katalin Updated Mar 10, 2013

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    4 more images

    Gheorgheni The Roman Catholic Church is the oldest monument, monuments of Harghita county official register of the listed building.

    Gheorgheni parish is on pages 13-14. century existed. According to contemporary documents, first mentioned in 1333 under the name of Gorgie. Gheorgheni parish church of primordial origin and refers to the 1428 Missale from religious missal.

    1569 Gijergio Zen Nicholas, St. Nicholas Giorgio in 1602, in 1698 under the name of St. Nicholas Gheorgheni registered. The town church dedicated to St. Nicholas of its name.

    The village church in the 15th century, it was built in the Gothic style. The exact date of construction of the tower under the door frame later Romanesque stones engraved numbers indicate the year in 1499.

    The medieval church was enlarged in 1629, 1637 cinteremmel added. The Tartar invasion in 1661 destroyed the occasion of the church.

    The old church proved too small baroque style between 1756-1773 to replace the new church was built.

    The church is surrounded by a stone wall, which was built in 1750.

    In 1869, major repairs were made in the temple, in which the new tower was covered with metal casing, while the floor is restored and the benches are replaced.

    In 1964, excavations have brought to light the occasion of Gothic elements, gothic windows are bricked up, and a tomb was excavated. It was found in the 15th century church basement walls, and the dimensions of the old church was found with a length of 28 m and a width of 6, 5 m.

    1990 Saint Nicholas Day procession is held in the city. In 1995, during the renovation of the tower on the south side wall sundial Latin inscription discovered.

    Related to:
    • Road Trip
    • Skiing and Boarding
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

Instant Answers: Gheorgheni

Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers

91 travelers online now

Comments

Gheorgheni Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Gheorgheni things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gheorgheni sightseeing.

View all Gheorgheni hotels