take a walk in the beautiful city centre....here you can find a lot of out-door cafes during summer and also can do some shopping. in the large area no cars are allowed but car parks are located all aroud it, so one can drive there and then just enjoy the city day-life
bars & cafes during the day
there are many bars & cafes where visitors can come in the norning to enjoy a good cofee or stay until late in the evening having a good chat with friends....most of this cafe's are located in the city centre, like: Quattro Stagioni, Aicha, Garden Pub, Guiness Pub, Alcatraz, Keops
There are two good pools around here...sand outside in the middle of the city, which is pretty cool...
Pretty clean as well, not really thermal baths, there pretty dang cold. Beautiful people there, lots of space.
Take a promenade down Strada Victoriei
The newly restored Strada victoriei is a favorite spot for locals. Take a strawl down it and enjoy the flowers and the fountains while soaking up the athmosphere of middle Romania.
Make sure to also make a stop at the Italian Gelaterie (Icecream bar) and indulge yourself with a large icecream dessert for around 2-3 $.
THE MONASTERY OF CURTEA DE ARGES
Coonsidering all the monuments of the residence of the Wallachian princes in Arges, the church founded by the pious prince Neagoe Basarab (1512-1521) is one of the most important contructions of art and religious architecture. The inscriptions, the documents of the time and also the writngs of foreign travellers are very high on the architectural harmony and equilibrium of Prince Neagoe's church saying "it is one of the wonders of the world".
Begun in 1514 by Neagoe Basarab's will to have a wonderful monument built, the church was erected on the very place of the first Metropolitanate of Wallachia, under Prince's supervision and following master Manole's advice, being built in stone of Albesti, marble and mosaic brought from Constantinople. Although unfinished, in 1517 the Prince founder decided the Monastery of Curtea de Arges to be consacrated on the Assumption of the Virgin - its dedication day - with great pomp in the presence of outstanding Orthodox religious personalities, led by the Ecumenic Patriarch Theolipt of Constantinople. Radu from Afumati (1522-1529) did everything that had still to be done for the church, as by his marriage to Ruxandra, Neagoe Basarab's daughter, he had taken over not only the rights, but also the duties of founder of the monastery. Thus, by his orders, on 18th September 1526, painter Dobromir finished the painting of the church.
- Adventure Travel