Brasov Restaurants

Capra Neagra in Poiana Brasov
    Capra Neagra: My soup
  • Turabo Cafe on the 2nd floor of the Hirscher House
    Turabo Cafe on the 2nd floor of the...

Most Recent Restaurants in Brasov

• antistar's Profile Photo

Bella Muzika

by antistar Updated Jan 14, 2014

Bella Muzika, Brasov

This is a great restaurant. One of the best I've eaten at. The ambience is just perfect. The staff are professionally trained, polite, informed and never annoying. In fact there's a button by the table to call them if you need them, rather than have to get their attention, or be bugged about whether you need anything. What a great idea.

The food is excellent, imaginative, and you can mix and match between traditional Romanian and Mexican, and nobody will query whatever bizarre concoction you come up with. I had quesadillas and mashed potato. Probably sacrilegious to some, but it was exactly what I wanted at that moment, and it was fantastic.

The price was good too, less than 10 euros for a main meal. With the money I saved I bought a bottle of their most expensive local wine - only 12 euros. It was just the thing. A treat after a tough day waiting at the station in Sinaia - five hours and then standing on the crammed express for another hour or two.

There is a downside, and I'm not sure how they can fix it. The restaurant is in a cellar, which is divided up and lit just enough to give you a snug, convivial feeling, without being blind to what you can see. But the smoke from your neighbour's cigarettes, with a heavy scent of oil heavy Romanian food, combine to leave your clothes and hair stinking.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Restaurant Butoiul Sasului

by HORSCHECK Updated May 5, 2012

Butoiul Sasului

One evening we went to the restaurant Butoiul Sasului (Saxon Barrel) for dinner. It consists of various rooms in a red brick cellar vault.

All rooms are decorated with paintings and antiques from Romania. Sometimes live music (e.g. piano) is perfomed. An outdoor seating area is available in an inner courtyard.

The menu offers authentic Saxon and Transylvanian cuisine. I ordered pork (19,50 RON) with fried potatoes (6,50 RON), a colesaw salad (3,00 RON) and a bottle of local Ciuc premium Pils (4,50 RON).

The dish was excellent and with 33,50 RON (about 10 Euro, 2007) reasonably priced.

Just note, if you are sitting in the room with the piano, the piano player might sooner or later appear and start playing. If you are then sitting next to the piano conversation is almost impossible.

• Trains

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Capra Neagra - Poiana Brasov

by HORSCHECK Updated May 5, 2012

Capra Neagra in Poiana Brasov

Capra Neagra (Black Chamois) is a building complex consisting of a pizzeria, a restaurant and a discotheque. It is located in Poiana Brasov, a skiing resort just outside Brasov.

When we visited Poiana Brasov, we had a light lunch here. The restaurant consists of two very large rooms and a large outdoor terrace.

The furniture is kept functional. The place is probably very popular in the skiing high season.

The menu offers all sorts of local and international dishes. Pizza is available in the adjacent Pizzeria. I only had a beef soup (ciorba tar. vac) and a mineral water. The soup was yummy and warming on a wet cold October day. The bill for my two items was 10 RON (about 3 Euro, 2007).

• Trains

Cerbul Carpatin

by liliana91 Updated Feb 13, 2012

Very beautiful restaurant,an lovely atmosphere,an gorgeous hall for people who don't smoke,very friendly and kind waiter.....
    The food...?VERY GOOD.Well,they have a very good menu,with traditional dishes from all over the country,based on regions.Also,the menu was translated in English,the waiters speak English,so i think every one can have a good time here.

• adema29's Profile Photo

Millennium: Brasov- Millennium-the best choice!

by adema29 Updated Dec 20, 2011

The restaurant - inside

We have dinned in this restaurant for so many times (it is our preffered restaurant and we are the owners of a member card) and we assure you that we have never been disappointed.
    Very good food, very good service, nice and intimate atmosphere.

We have to add that we are still going to this restaurant with pleasure and, after such a long time eating there is even better. All of the waiters know us and this make as feel "at home" in Millenium.

It took some time to understand the "face lift" the have done here and, somehow, we still prefer the old look of that place.
    It was the owner's choice and it is important that they haven't changed too much the Menu :)

Mado

by liliana91 Written Oct 16, 2011

Well,we all enjoy the 2 hours we spent here.Very good food,not quite expensive-about average,really kind waiter,who served us really fast...we had to wait a little longer for our food to be served,because they really cook you food after you order it,but gosh,it was so tasty..

Favorite Dish: We really enjoyed an Romanian dish called "Tochitură". It was cooked very good.Honestly,in this restaurant I have eaten the best "Tochitură" ever. And my friends were Very satisfied with their dishes,so we all appreciated this restaurant.

Bella Muzica Restaurant

by liliana91 Updated Oct 16, 2011

An Elegant restaurant,with a long history,with classic music.Very beautiful inside,but it was quite boring for me,even though I really like the music they played,the atmosphere was not on my taste.Even the waiter was very kind,but I felt that he was just repeating some words.It is a good restaurant to take dinner with someone if you really want to impress that "someone".

• Cerbul carpatin: A tourist trap

by c2serban Updated Aug 22, 2011

Counting on the beautiful location and the historical building from the center of Brasov, Cerbul Carpatin practice what is called a scam dining lowest present case: under cover of a story, beautifully illustrated in the menu, your food is served at a student cafeteria level but on high prices: pork musse is actually a pork minced meat bought from the supermarket , the tomato sauce is the cheapest ketchup .
    If you order lamb chops in mustard crust, they provide you without mustard but explanaining that the chef decided to change the recipe and make them without mustard in order not to affect the taste of the meat! ( they serve it cold ) .
    If you draw attention that they not follow what is written on the menu, and their service is under a pathetic level, their solution for compensation is : would you like to make your return of the food ? no trace of regret or excuse.
    All this miserable show was served in 1.5 hours of waiting in an empty local.
    A place to be avoided.

• tiganeasca's Profile Photo

Cerbul Carpatin: I have not been to this restaurant, but...

by tiganeasca Updated Apr 4, 2011

I suppose it is not fair to describe as a favorite a place that you have never been. But I have heard so much about this place that I cannot refrain from recommending it. But, given my failure to go (yet), take my recommendation with the customary grain of salt. And then go visit Cerbul Carpatin (Carpathian Stag).

The restaurant is housed in a building dating from 1545, variously known as the Merchant's House or the Hirscher House (after a former mayor). No surprise, perhaps, that it is now on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The food is traditional Romanian and you can even see a show of folk music and dancing. It is probably the best-known restaurant in town. (In case you want to try to pronounce it, try this: cher-BOOL car-pah-TSEEN.)

Mado: Right on the Main Square

by Jetgirly Written Apr 2, 2011

You can't miss Mado, occupying a big, fat space right on Piata Sfatului in the heart of Brasov. While the interior looks like someone's idea of a fancy French coffeehouse, the real action occurs on the large patio looking out over the square. Exhausted after I got lost in the Transylvanian backwoods the day before, I rolled out of bed around 11:00 one morning and headed to Mado, where I plopped down in a chair and mustered up the energy to order a coffee and pastry. Sadly, I could have got a much better pastry from just about any hole-in-the-wall bakery window on Str Piata Enescu (literally- these bakeries are holes in walls with windows to serve customers), for a fraction of the price, but it was the experience of resting my sore feet and watching people go by from Mado's comfy chairs that I was after. For lunch and dinner they have a full menu, though based on my breakfast I wouldn't recommend Mado as a top choice.

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Pizza Roma: I Just Can't Get Enough (Romanian Pizza)

Cafes and Restaurants Line Str Hirsher in Brasov

I've said it before (in Iasi, and Cluj, and Sighet...) and I'll say it again: I love Romanian pizza! It's got all the deliciousness of authentic Italian thin-crust, Neapolitan-style pizza... at a fraction of the price. Pizza Roma, which oddly also calls itself Pizza Pasta Venezia, is yet another awesome pizza place, this time on Brasov's best pedestrian thoroughfare (right off Piata Sfatului). With summer tables sprawling into the middle of the sidewalk, you can't beat the atmosphere. Their menu isn't posted online but I'm sure I had my standard vegetarian pizza, and I know it was good. It's one of the most popular pizzerias in the city, especially with its awesome terrace, so get there early or prepare to wait!

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Bella Musica: Two Thumbs Down (Three, If I Had a Third Hand)

Dear Lonely Planet,

What were you thinking?

From,
    Jetgirly

The highlight of my meal at Bella Musica was definitely entering the restaurant. The hotel in which the restaurant is located has a nice door, and the stairs were nice too. And stop. Service was chilly and rude (yeah, we're young, but we've got lots of money!), though the button we pushed for service was fun. Sadly, the only reason we had to push the button for service was the fact that we were not seated in the main dining area, but rather in an offshoot with no other tables and absolutely no decor. The chips and salsa to start weren't bad, but the menu was boring, the Mexican food was bland, the Romanian dishes were overpriced, and we left feeling like we'd been had. How can LP call this place "everyone's local favorite"?

• Music

Bistro de l'Arte: Fusion Flavours

The Road to Bistro de l'Arte, Brasov

Bistro de l'Arte is a surprising find in Brasov. This little restaurant doubles as an art gallery, and dishes up creative, internationally-inspired dishes based around seasonal ingredients. When I was there I started with a pureed vegetable soup that had just the right amount of creaminess and a perfect balance of vegetable flavors. I followed that with a homemade pasta dish that incorporated cherry tomatoes, basil and fresh local cheese. Of course, I also had to have one of their creative cocktails! I loved the comfortable seating in this restaurant and could easily see how it would be a great venue to listen to some live music during your meal.

Sadly, the restaurant's website leaves a lot to be desired and I had a hard time getting more information. They seem to be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so drop by any time!

Casa Romaneasca: Best Authentic Romanian Food in Brasov

The Road to Casa Romaneasca, Brasov

Hello, my name is Jetgirly and I am a polentaholic. Lucky for me, both hostels I stayed at in Brasov were located just metres away from Piata Unirii and one of the best restaurants I visited on my trip- Casa Romaneasca. Warmly lit and decorated with a homey feel, this restaurant serves up authentic Romanian food that is loved by locals and in-the-know tourists. My first meal there was eaten on a very rainy evening, and Casa Romaneasca was truly a haven from the storm with its soft candles glowing behind foggy windows, and locals chatting in Romanian over the sounds of traditional folk music. Although the menu is decidedly meaty they were always happy to make something- anything- vegetarian for me, and I had wonderful farm-style vegetable soups, melt-in-my-mouth cheesy polenta, and tasty sauteed vegetables. The servers were very friendly and interested in knowing how a young Canadian girl traveling alone happened to end up in their restaurant! I can't recommend Casa Romaneasca enough- don't miss it on your trip to Brasov!

• bonio's Profile Photo

Green Saloon: Green Saloon

by bonio Written Oct 10, 2010

An Irish type pub very close to our hotel with a good outdoor area as well. Called in for a beer one afternoon and the menu looked ok so we returned in the evening.
    Large and comfortable inside, food good and tasty with fast and friendly service. Another chocolate pancake to finish with for Mrs B as part of her ongoing survey!
    Enjoyed our evening here.

Instant Answers: Brasov

Comments

Brasov Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Brasov restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brasov sightseeing.