Cluj-Napoca Restaurants

Mamaliga with cheese and sour cream!
    1900 Bistro
    Inside 1900 Bistro

Most Recent Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca

• OanaC12's Profile Photo

VIA Restaurant: By far the best restaurant in Cluj!

by OanaC12 Written Apr 3, 2013

Small, intimate restaurant in the Old Town, near the University main building. Has both a smokers' and non-smokers area as well as a lovely garden for summer time. The food and ambiance are perfect for a romantic dinner or a business lunch. Not the Romanian ordinary restaurant where you find 20 soups, 30 main courses and so on. Lovely menu, perfect selection of dishes and wine!

Favorite Dish: first, ask what's on the day's menu and if they have something, get it! It should be wonderful. The Chateaubriand is great, fish as well and for dessert the chocolate cake.

• Architecture

• hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

1900 Bistro: A Quaint Little Romanian Restaurant...

by hungariangirl896 Written Feb 7, 2013

Mamaliga with cheese and sour cream!

1900 Bistro is a fun little restaurant to try in Cluj-Napoca. The place is supposed to look like Romania in the early 20th century and has great service. It's also located away from the main squares, but not too far away from the downtown, so you can have a quiet meal here without being far away from all the main sights. The restaurant serves both international and Romanian food. The decorations, music, and ambience are unique here, so you must try this restaurant. Also, the Romanian dishes they serve are very delicious. :)

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the mămăligă cu brânză şi smântână, or polenta with cheese and sour cream. It's a very traditional Romanian dish and is to die for!

• Askla's Profile Photo

Don Mario.: Lunch for 13 Lei ~3 Euro.

by Askla Updated Dec 5, 2012

If you opt for the lunch offer at Don Mario you'll get away with only ~3 Euro for a full lunch with soup, main course, sallad (there are several choices for each), bread and butter. You just have to pay extra for the beverage (a juice was 5 Lei). The girl who was on duty when I visited spoke good English.

Working hours:
    Mon - Friday 09.00 - 23.00
    Saturday 11.00 - 23.00
    Sunady 12.00 - 23.00

Restaurant Pizzeria 4 Amici

by HORSCHECK Written Sep 10, 2012

Restaurant Pizzeria 4 Amici

On our last day of our 2012 Transylvania Easter trip we had dinner at the Restaurant Pizzeria 4 Amici, which looked quite appealing to our hungry eyes.

We took a seat near the window facing the pedestrianised street. I am quite sure that in summer outdoor seating is available.

We perused the menu, which offered a range of Italian dishes including pizzas as well as some Romanian meals. I ordered the Scalopinna con vino bianco (Thinly sliced veal) for 18,50 RON and a local Ursus draft beer for 5,00 RON.

My dish was excellent and we really enjoyed our time in the relaxed atmosphere, so I would definitely go here again.

Restaurant Marty

by HORSCHECK Updated May 23, 2012

My extra crispy pork cutlet

One afternoon in May 2008 we popped into Restaurant Marty at Horea street for a late lunch. It is a modern furnished, two-storey restaurant and bar. We took a seat on the upper floor to admire the view down to the bar and lower floor.

The menu with dishes of local and international cuisine is only available in Romanian, but most of it can be understood even without knowledge of the local language.

I chose the extra crispy pork cutlet with fried potatoes for 21,50 RON and to drink I had a local Ciuc beer for 4,40 RON. The meal was excellent and we especially liked doing some people watching in the well-frequented restaurant.

Restaurant Gente Senior

Restaurant Gente Senior: Pizza Bismark

On our last day in Cluj-Napoca in May 2008 we chose the Restaurant Gente Senior for our dinner.

We already noticed the place when we had lunch at the Restaurant Marty. Both restaurants are located in the same building.

Gente Senior seems to have two areas: A proper restaurant area in the back of the room and a pizza place in the front area, which also has an upper floor.

As it was a Friday evening the whole restaurant was packed, but by chance we found a free table in the front area, where the tables are small and very close to each other.

Pizzas come in two sizes: 600 g and 1200 g. I ordered a Pizza Bismark (13,00 RON) and a local Ursus Premium beer (4,00 RON). The pizza was very filling and yummy. The service was a bit slow, probably due to the many customers.

Pizza Y

My Pizza Romana at Pizza Y

After our arrival in Cluj-Napoca in May 2008 we checked in at the hotel and then directly headed off to town to get a bite to eat for lunch.

As we were quite hungry we chose the first option, which was Pizza Y. Due to its central location in a backyard with arcades and outdoor seating it looked appealing to us.

The menu offers a wide variety of pizzas as well as pasta dishes. I opted for a Pizza Romana and a Pint of Skol beer.

The pizza was good but not exceptional, so was the beer. However, for me it was just the right choice to start a two week trip. With 11,50 RON for the pizza and 4 RON for the beer the bill was reasonably priced.

Update April 2012:
    During our second visit of Cluj Napoca in April 2012 we realised that Pizza Y was closed down.

• Academia More: Great taste, nice atmosphere

by msorin Updated Apr 4, 2011

I had a wonderfull dinner at More's Academy. The atmosphere was like a sports pub, with big TV screens and a lot of fans enjoy a football game. Even the tables and chairs are made from solid oak, like in a pub. Maybe there are too heavy for my taste.

Favorite Dish: They made a very tasty pizza with "petto di pollo" (rosemary and olive oil grilled chicken breast) and "funghi" (fresh mushrooms). They use a delicios "mozzarella" .

• Beer Tasting
    • Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad

Euphoria: Euphoric

by Jetgirly Updated Mar 12, 2011

Piata Muzeul, Home to Euphoria Irish Pub

Loosely modeled after an Irish pub, Euphoria has a patio occupying much of Piata Muzeul in central Cluj-Napoca. A popular place to hang out and have a drink, or to eat an entire meal, Euphoria's patio makes for great people-watching. I ate at Euphoria twice, and both time I was impressed with the food (though the service leaves something to be desired- there are never enough staff to properly handle the packed patio). One of my dinners consisted of tomato soup (thumbs up to the huge, cheesy "croutons") and salad, both of which were great. Euphoria is a great place to dine with a group, as the large exterior tables can easily seat twenty or more. After dinner, the restaurant's interior shifts to a nightclub, with live music, DJs and/or karaoke. Check the website for details.

• Beer Tasting

Pizzeria New Croco: Neopolitan Pizzeria

Cluj-Napoca

After a night of drinking and dancing until 5:00 am, I was in need of a hangover brunch. How about some pizza? My guidebook recommended Pizza New Croco, so off I went up a gigantic hill that just about got the better of me and my poor hangover. This is pretty standard Romanian pizza: thin-crust, Neapolitan-style goodness for pennies. I had a vegetarian pizza which hit the spot and got me ready to face the day (good thing, as it was heading into early afternoon!). This seemed to be a very popular spot for families to share a meal inside or on the outdoor patio. The website I'm linking to actually allows you to order your pizza from Pizzeria New Croco online, so if you're hungover and want to avoid the hill you can get it delivered right to your hotel or hostel room!

• Study Abroad

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

Corso Cafe & Bistro: The Road to Yummmm!

Fried Vegetables at Corso / Cluj-Napoca

Walking around in Cluj-Napoca's historic center, I realized lunch was long overdue. Walking past Corso Cafe & Bistro I noticed a blackboard on the exterior wall, which listed a variety of internationally-inspired foods. I was pretty sure one of the dishes was grilled vegetables with tzatziki, so I confirmed with the waiter that it was vegetarian and placed my order. About ten minutes later I was sipping my wine when lo and behold the waiter carried out a very special surprise- I had guessed the vegetables were grilled, when in fact they were battered and deep-fried! Ummm... yummm! Thick slices of eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower and mushrooms were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Perfect. The homemade tzatziki was flavorful as well. It was a great meal, and the best part was that I got to eat it on a sprawling sidewalk patio in the city center, letting me scope out the locals and visitors alike throughout my meal. It's easy to see that Corso Cafe & Bistro is a great place to have a drink on a lazy summer evening, but don't overlook their great menu!

• Luxury Travel

Cofetaria Pralina: Sweet Treats

Chocolate Croissant and Coffee at Pralina, Cluj

Pralina is a cute little bakery in the heart of Cluj-Napoca. When I walked in I felt like I was in a baked-good fantasy land... slices of cake, tarts, pastries in every shape and size filled a long display case, all marked with prices that my mental math was calling unbelievable. The treats here are so affordable and delicious there's no reason to eat a sweet treat anywhere else! I had a delicious breakfast treat of a chocolate croissant and coffee, while I sat at a little cafe-style table and watched local residents buy their own treats. The bakery was consistently very busy and the staff seemed to be on a first-name-and-order basis with many customers, so they've definitely inspired loyalty! Pralina would be a great place to stop for breakfast, to pick up snacks for a long train or bus ride, or to get treats for a picnic!

• bonio's Profile Photo

Gente senior: Good pizza / pasta

by bonio Written Oct 3, 2010

Smarter inside than many pizza restaurants I've visited and food equally good.
    Large tasty pizza for me, pasta aglio ollio for Mrs B who even found room for chocolate pancakes as well.
    Enjoyed our meal here.

• bonio's Profile Photo

Tramvay: Tramvay

by bonio Written Oct 2, 2010

A wet lunchtime and another downpour just as we passed by so, descision made where to have lunch!
    A bistro - cafe - bar and nicely decorated with tram memorabilia very comfortable and friendly, lots of help with menu for us - our Romainian still isn't very good.
    Large sandwiches with salad and fries for us both along with a couple of beers - very tasty - a good place to visit.

• CORSO Cafe&Bistro: A new real bistro in the center of the town

by negelee Written Aug 5, 2010
    CORSO Cafe&Bistro

The CORSO Cafe&Bistro offer special bistro menu in a beautiful ambience in the immediate neighborhood of the St. Michael Catedral.

Favorite Dish: Carpaccio Salad, Stuffed peppers, Crumbed vegetables with tzatziki, Empanadas, Tapas Balkan, Wienerschnitzel, Cabbage squares, Rattatouille, Somloi Galuska, Crispy chicken wings, eggplant salad, carbonnade - flamish ragou with noodles, Full English Breakfast

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Cluj-Napoca

Comments

Cluj-Napoca Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cluj-Napoca restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cluj-Napoca sightseeing.