Ploiesti Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Ploiesti

• Nightmare, Europa Hotel , Ploiesti, Romania

by Daniel_toronto Written Apr 21, 2007

Don't ever go to Europa hotel.
    After I paid upfront for 4 nights the equivalent of US$150/night for a 3* room they kiked us out in the middle of the night, saying that we had tried to trick them because we were 3 people instead of 2 even thought when we checked in we gave them 3 passports.
    When I asked the receptionist to call me a taxi she told me that I am really shameless.
    Daniel

• Business Travel

• Don't get overcharged!!!

by silentnights Written Mar 15, 2003

When I first arrive here, many of the restaurants will overcharge you for meals if they know that you are a foreigner. I went to a restaurant that charge me my meal's meat dish by the grams. On the menu the meat dish will show the price and grams. For example, 70,000 lei for 300gm. I was once charged gram weight times the price. Watch out!!!!

Unique Suggestions: Just be sure to ask the waitress or waiter how the price is calculated. If you make it known that you are aware of the pricing, they will not pull a "fast-one" on you.

Fun Alternatives: Well, if you are concerned about getting overcharged for a meal, you can always go to the Mcdonald's. The food may not be good, but at least you know you will be charged the correct amount.

• driving down the cost

by hazel-1 Updated Mar 6, 2003

taxi drivers
    market stall holders
    some shops

Unique Suggestions: make sure you fix a price before travelling anywhere in a taxi or before you make a purchase....sorted!

Fun Alternatives: erm...get the bus...not advisable since they are jam packed like sardines in a tin...literally... and they are not very reliable

Instant Answers: Ploiesti

Comments

Ploiesti Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Ploiesti tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ploiesti sightseeing.