Suceava Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Suceava

• Giovanni Caffe: Little Naples

by Jetgirly Written Mar 6, 2011

Vegetarian Pizza @ Giovanni / Suceava

It's hard to give up a good thing, and by the time I found Giovanni's I'd already learned that Romanian pizza is a very, very good thing. So, for the second time in three nights I found myself sitting down for a pizza dinner, this time at Giovanni's in the heart of Suceava. I ordered a vegetarian pizza that arrived topped with onions, peppers, olives, corn and artichoke hearts, atop a perfectly-cooked thin, Neopolitan-style crust. More please! Giovanni's does have a very expansive menu featuring Romanian and Italian favorites, as well as vegan offerings for post and a lengthy cocktail menu. I passed Giovanni's quite a few times while in Suceava and noticed that it was always busy and full of locals- a good sign. Perhaps they came not just for the food but also for the live music... the live country and western singers during my visit took me right back to my home in Canadian cattle country! You can find information about music and other special events on their website.

• Music

• Casa Doamnei: Authentic, Homestyle Cooking

by Jetgirly Updated Mar 6, 2011

BEST EVER Lunch at Casa Doamnei, Voronet

Casa Doamnei is located just outside Voronet, and it's THE BEST place to stop for lunch when you're visiting the painted monasteries of Bucovina. Just look at my photo- how can you want to eat anywhere else knowing there is authentic, traditional, country-style food just waiting for you at Casa Doamnei?

My lunch was freaking amazing. I used the soft, fresh homemade bread to scoop up tangy red pepper dip and creamy eggplant dip, then dug into the salads of white beans and marinated vegetables. To be honest, I considered abandoning the Class Hostel day trip then and there, and just staying (and eating) at Casa Doamnei forever. Painted monasteries? Who needs 'em? Just give me some more red pepper dip! My plan was aided by the fact that Casa Doamnei is a bed and breakfast, and there were vacant rooms available. Looking back, I should have just moved in when I had the chance!

And while I ate the vegan menu ("mancare de post") there were lots of homestyle meat dishes available as well.

• B+B: Peasant Food

by Jetgirly Updated Mar 5, 2011

Highly recommended in the Lonely Planet guidebook, B+B was located just around the corner from High Class Hostel. On my second night in Suceava I stopped by for dinner, and was immediately greeted by the friendly proprietor. I asked if they had many "mancare de post" (vegan food, normally eaten for religious fasting) and he communicated that while they didn't have a vegan fasting menu he could easily cook something up. Cut to fifteen or twenty minutes later when I'm served a delicious plate of real, live, homestyle Romanian cooking: creamy sauteed vegetables served atop mamaliga. It was huge, it warmed me to my core, it was delicious. I can see why this restaurant gets top billing in the Lonely Planet! I talked to a few other travelers who had eaten there and they also raved about their meaty dishes. B+B is a must-visit when you're in Suceava- skip the pizzas and enjoy some real Romanian food (I wouldn't be surprised if Grandma was back in the kitchen!).

• Melibeea: Hot Out of the Oven

by Jetgirly Written Mar 5, 2011

The only way to start a day-long monastery tour is with pastries! So off I headed at 7:00 am to Melibeea, Suceava's best-known patisserie. With over fifty locations across Romania, the shop at Suceava's main plaza is the company's flagship bakery. Inside you'll find a huge assortment of baked goods, ranging from sweet to savoury, big to small, familiar to surprising. I asked for an assortment of meat-free pastries to bring back to the hostel. We all picked randomly from the bag and I ended up with a great pastry that blended sweet cheese with raisins and sticky-sweet pastry dough. As mentioned this is an awesome place to start your morning if you're heading out to the monasteries, but it would also be a great place to stop before a long train or bus ride.

• Religious Travel

• Latino Ristorante & Pizzeria: Global Domination

by Jetgirly Updated Mar 5, 2011

Spotted Near Latino Restaurant, Suceava

"Latino Restaurant & Pizzeria" makes about as much sense as "Bogota Dim Sum"... whatever. A menu for Latino was posted in High Class Hostel, so off I went (weirdly, along with the hostels only other two guests... who happened to be from my home town too!). With an expansive menu of Romanian and Italian favorites, I couldn't resist a big dinner of cream of tomato soup (yum!) followed by my very first Romanian-style pizza. Pizzas in Romania are second only to those of Naples- Romania is a country that gets thin-crust pizzas right! My "pizza vegetal" was a vibrant shade of green and covered with a thick layer of vegetables. That's healthy, right? Restaurant Latino is a good choice for groups in Suceava, as it's sure to have something for everyone.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

La Fitze Restaurant

by yumyum Written Jun 7, 2008

interior

The La Fitze pub/restaurant is quite large and also has an upstairs section. The crowd that is eating there is either young or middle aged. I had the impression that lots of young people go there to see and to be seen.

Service was good and we were obviously the only foreigners there. They also have pizzas among other dishes and do home deliveries.

The restaurant is open daily from 8 am till 12 pm. In warm weather there is an outside terrace too.

Favorite Dish: I ordered Scaloppine alla Bolognese (14 RON) and Rizotto Primavera (5 RON).

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Pub Chagall

by yumyum Written Jun 7, 2008

Tochitura bucovineana

We went to this restaurant because it was recommend to us by Monica from the High Class hostel. The restaurant is downstairs and consists of 3 rooms. It's not very big. Service was friendly and helpful.

Favorite Dish: I opted for a local dish of which I was told about by Monica but I didn't know the name of it, so it turned out quite adventurous to find the right dish with the very limited knowledge of English of the waiter. Anyway, it's called Tochitura bucovineana and cost at the time 17 RON.

It consists of polenta with an egg on top and well-seasoned meat and sausage and goat/sheep cheese. It was very tasty.

• jacobzoethout's Profile Photo

Restaurant Latino: Best restaurant in town

by jacobzoethout Written May 15, 2005

Restaurant Latino is probably the best restaurant in Suceava. It is located near the bus station. It is a very popular place; the service is very good.
    It is mainly a chique looking pizza restaurant, but they also serve Romanian dishes. We ate a ciorba and ficat de pui (chicken liver). Not very cheap for Romanian standards; for a ciorba, main plate and desert the cost was about 18 euro for two persons (including two Ursus beers).

• Latino: A little Italian and a little local

by ddlucy Written Apr 25, 2004

We were wet, tired, and hungry --- and the Latino Restaurant warmed us up and gave a good meal.

Nice friendly atmosphere

Service was great - waiters spoke good English.

Nice beer selection

Favorite Dish: The kids split a nice pizza. I had veal. The wife had a pasta dish.

Everyone left with a happy belly.

Instant Answers: Suceava

Comments

Suceava Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Suceava restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Suceava sightseeing.