Mamaia Warnings and Dangers

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Strange bill

by Nobbe Updated Sep 25, 2003

Restaurant Peperoni

Restaurant Peperoni - At this restaurant I ordered a pasta meal and was asked what kind of cheese I would like on top of the pasta and had two suggestions so I choosed one of them. After the order the waiter came back with the drinks and also placed some bread on the table. Then I saw the bread on the table I knew that I would have to pay extra for it regardless if I would eat it or not (have seen this custom at many places around in Europe before). Had my meal (and it was good) no complaints there, but then I received my bill I almost had a chock as the price was double from the meal I ordered. After a discussion with the waiter I found out that the cheese they had put on the pasta was extra, and he also showed me that in the menue (far away from the pasta section). When I ordered the pasta I of course thought it was part of the meal as the waiter asked me a direct question; "What kind of cheese would you like on the pasta; Gorgonzola or Parmesan?", not if I would like to have cheese with it or not. The bad thing in this was that the cheese itself costed more than the meal itself!! And of course I had to pay extra for the bread as I thought. After this I decided to not visit this restaurant again as I really felt fooled!

• Beaches
    • School Holidays

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Toll

by Nobbe Updated Sep 25, 2003

Road Toll

To enter the Mamaia area by car from the south (close to Constanta) you have to pay some Road Toll, so if you're coming directly from the airport it can be handy to have exchanged your currency into some Romanian money to pay with. If you enter from the north, you will not find any toll booth...

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Mamaia

Comments

Mamaia Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Mamaia warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mamaia sightseeing.