Medias Travel Guide

• Restaurants
  • Restaurants

Medias Things to Do

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

The Covered Staircase is also known as the prison steps. They were reconstructed in 19-th century, together with the repairs of the City Hall. I found them as the backyard entrance to St. Margaret church and they brought me exactly to Ferdinand square.

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

It is one of the most beautiful and old (more than 500 years) Evangelist churches in Transylvania and is dedicated to St. Margaret. On July 13 is the celebration day of St. Margaret and then is held a trade fair with local crafts.
    Trumpetilor tower is part of the church and is one of the most famous ones in the world. It is in the list of top 10 together with the tower of Pisa. Vlad Dracula was held as prisoner in the tower.

• Religious Travel

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

In the historical center you can enjoy Piata Regele Ferdinand I which has a beautiful garden with flowers everywhere! The square is surrounded by typical Transylvanian architecture houses where are located shops, banks, historical remains, restaurants, etc.
    As I said in the beginning, The Medias fortress built in 13 century is still kept with its towers. At the end of 18-th century the defensive system was already called “castle” that consisted 3 large gates, 4 smaller and 19 bastion-towers. Now only 10 towers and fragments of the defensive wall are left.

The flowers

• Central Hotel

Str M Eminescu 4-7 Medias, Medias, RO

Medias Restaurants

by mirchica Written Nov 27, 2012

What brought us to that restaurant was my colleague from Medias. She actually wanted to bring us to the nearby restaurant but it was closed under construction. Both of them are located in the beautiful park Tineretului which is located above the city. My colleague told me that it's very nice in summertime.
    Anyway, we entered Han Greweln, where there is also a hotel part and its owners are again the ones from Dafora Tourism - hotel Traube, hotel Binder Bubu in Medias and Sighisoara and few more restaurants. Knowing the good food from the other hotels I supposed this one would be also nice but...
    First I ordered a lemonade, here is the time to say that lemonade is very very good in Romania, but only if it's real - this one was some kind of chemistry.
    Then most of the people took a beef chorba (soup without noodles) with vegetables but I ordered chicken soup as I wanted to be more dense. What I receive was broth with noodles, literally - only broth with noodles, no meat, no vegetables. When I asked the waiter he told me that they boil the chicken, then they take it away! And this was the soup...besides we order some patatoes that never came.
    I'm not going to visit it again, don't do it too.

My

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

It’s a nice place in the center of the city that offers variable kitchen. Mainly the clientele is mostly of young people. I tried Mediterrian salad with all kind of fresh vegetables and for the salad and 2 drinks we paid only 21 lei ( 5 EUR) – pretty nice prices. I cannot tell you much more about this place as we were talking so much that I missed what was around me.

• Medias Hotels

3 Hotels in Medias

Medias Nightlife

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

To feel the town I decided to go out to have a beer (This is my way of doing it) and I met Petruta, a VT friend from Sibiu so she brought me to this pub. It’s an excellent place for dancing, drinking and meeting people. The offered music is different styles so there is always something for everybody. People are all kind of ages and easily communicative and talkative.
    Loved that place!

Outside Petruta ;) And together
    • Music

Medias Transportation

• Terje1966's Profile Photo

by Terje1966 Updated Feb 28, 2009

Almost to Medias!!!!

The company Nemeth Speed operates a minibus route from Cluj in Romania to Ferihegy airport in Budapest. We left Cluj at 0400 in the morning from the bus station. The trip to Budapest airport takes about 6 hours. It returns to Cluj around 1300.You will have to call them to get exact times and also to book in advance. This is the cheapest and fastest way to get(on the ground) to Cluj/Budapest. We paid 120lei(35usd) for the return ticket One way only the price was 70lei.

To get from Cluj to Medias(or Sighisoara) you can take the train.

The option is to take a train all the way to Medias. The main line from Budapest to Bucharest
    goes by Medias and Sighisoara but its said to take a bit longer time and cost more.

Medias Local Customs

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

Salconserv is an old meat factory in Medias with a long history from 1895. They produce delicious pate cans (conserve) and different type of sausages and dry salami (sal).
    This is what brought me to Medias and it’s not touristic destination but maybe you’ll be interested in visiting one of Salconserv shops and by something traditional and delicious.

by mirchica Written Aug 31, 2012

Maybe it’s not only in Medias but I noticed it there – there are flowers on almost every pillar around the city. It’s nothing so special but it looks beautiful – the ugly great pillars are turned into something that catches your eyes. Very simple but effective!

And I just realized that I haven't taken even a shot! Next time :)

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Medias? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Medias

Comments

Map of Medias