Bucharest Nightlife

Kevin at Freddo
    by TravellerMel

Most Recent Nightlife in Bucharest

• planxty's Profile Photo

Space Club: A very trendy club.

by planxty Updated Apr 4, 2011

Space Club, Bucharest

I went, at the recommendation of some Romanians, to the Space Club on a Saturday night, and found it to be a trendy place with a young crowd. The music policy seemed to be techno, getting heavier as the night wore on. I left at about five in the morning and it was still jumping. I believe it is only open on Friday and Saturday nights.

Dress Code: I don't know if there is a dress code imposed, but most of the people there seemed to be dressed to impress.

• RoBeauty's Profile Photo

Clubs & Erotic bars: Bucharest After Dark Escape

by RoBeauty Updated Apr 4, 2011

night life

Try Bars & Pubs : White Horse, Opium Caf?, Terminus.
    ? Optional :
    ? 1.dinner and erotic show at ?Aristocrat? , ?Sexy Club?, ?Leonard? Cabarets (entrance and one drink included)

Dress Code: Casual, Jeans Tie welcome too

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

The Gate: When electronic music takes over

by Delia_Madalina Updated Nov 23, 2010

late in the night dancing on sofas

While taking a night walk with some friends on Victoria Bvd , we met a group of friendly Spanish guys. They asked us about The Gate so maybe this club became famous over night...
    The Gate is THE CLUB if you're a fan of minimal, electronic and such types of music... not my case however. The club is quite crowded on Fridays and Sundays.
    No entrance fee for the girls, guys have to pay ~ 3 EURO.
    Cola: 2 EURO
    Bottle of wine: 10 EURO
    Cocktails: 5 EURO

You can also go for a cup of coffee during summer or watch football games live on huge screens.

Dress Code: the usual for discos

Salsa Club 3: Que la gente baile : Salsa Club

dancing a little Rueda

Bucharest has been taken by storm by the salsa in recent years. If you want to practice your skills, beware: the girls here dance very well. The dancers nights are Thursday and Sunday (85 % salsa, 5 % bachata, meregue reggeton). If you just want to have fun on Latin music, you can go Friday and Saturday. There's an entrance fee of 5 Euros on Fridays and Saturdays and if you don't cope with the heat well, stay home: the nights are set on fire here. ;)
    A beer is somewhere around 2,5 Euros , 1 mineral water 1,5 Euros.

Lately, salsa dancers prefer Sala 4 You club and the parties organized by the dancing schools.

Dress Code: There isn't a dress code but you can't dance salsa in Sneakers, can you?

Salsa 4 You: Best LA Salsa Scene around

Pygmalion Show - Salsa Factory in Bucharest

If two years ago there were only one or two places one could dance salsa, the scene has drastically changed now.

The best club around is now Salsa 4 You, where one can also attend classes and occasional workshops (the Vasquez brothers, Melinda, Ismael Oter or Manuel Mascarell have been around lately:) ). The salsa community here also loves costume parties (check the "back to school" pictures).

The doors are opened every day of the week, with an entrance fee of 10 lei (~2,5 euros) on Fridays and Saturdays - it gets very crowded. A mojito is 15 lei (~ 4 euros). Wednesday is also a very popular evening.

www.salsafactory.com - the site of the dance school that holds its classes there

Dress Code: You know the dress code :)

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Caru cu bere.: Old traditional beer house with food.

by Dizzyhead Updated Jan 4, 2010

Outside the bar

This is an old beer house and it started 1879. Of course it must have been different to these days, but today it is more a tourist attraction who also have dancers and music from Romanian players and dancers. Live music. It is a huge building and has three floors, and I was only in the building. In the basement according to a friend they shall offer piano music and the op is as the same as the floor I was at. We drank their local brewed beer which was very good. You can drink win, coffee or what you want. This is a good start of a week in Romania. You can try the Romanian cuisine here too.

Dress Code: Casual. But many people there was dressed up att he same time many did not wear anything special. So, you can go here in almost what kind of clothes you have put on yourself.

• Beer Tasting

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Festival 39.: Drink beer.

by Dizzyhead Updated Dec 10, 2009

This was a place in French style, what now a French style is. But when I was here and drank beer I sat all the time outside and it was really nice. Good service and good food. I went inside to check out the place and it was really nice inside. If I lived in Bucharest I would go here many times just to sit and have a beer or a coffee and just relax and read the newspaper. This place touched my heart! I reall liked this place!

• Beer Tasting

Spice Club: Live music in a non-smoking club

by Delia_Madalina Updated Jun 13, 2009

Going to Spice Club is a delight for me for many reasons. First of all, they have a live band playing the best of the best every Friday and Saturday. Secondly, it's a non-smoking club or , better said, they have a separated area for smokers. And thirdly: did I say no smoking at the tables and the dance floor? :D

They are also known to host small concerts of Romanian's best bands and not only: I've been here to listen to gypsy (rroma music), salsa or stand up shows.

The entrance vaies between 10 and 20 lei (2.5 - 5 euros), depending on the event. You can reserve a table for about 35 euros (includes a vodka bottle).

Dress Code: Casual

The Harp Irish Bar: The Harp Irish Bar

by Fen Written Nov 6, 2008

Halloween at the Harp! This has got to be one of my best Halloween nights, such fun on our first night in Bucharest. This place was really cool and very friendly and everyone was chilled.
    Not like back home!!! HAHA

Ramayana Cafe: Ramayana Cafe

Andreea

I was trying to host a CS & VT meeting but the place I tried was fully booked and with only 4 days before my visit Andreea kindly sorted it out for me and booked us tables at Ramayana Cafe. It was the perfect venue and a wonderful turn out as you will see in my Ramayana Travelogue :-)

Thanks again Andreea for this and a wonderful night with everyone :-)

Fire Club: Fire club

by Fen Written Nov 6, 2008

My friends took us to this popular bar and nightclub which is located on Strada Gabroveni, a small street that runs parallel to Strada Lipscani in the heart of Bucharest. The area offers a few good nightlife places as after this we went on to Expirat club.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Opium Studio: A quirky little back street bar

by SWFC_Fan Updated May 5, 2008

Opium Studio, Bucharest

My friend and I visited Opium Studio one evening during our visit to Bucharest in March 2008.

This quirky little bar is located on Strada Horei, between Bulevardul Ferdinand and Bulevardul Pache Protopopescu, to the east of the city centre. Finding it involved a lot of wandering down dimly lit side streets and passing groups of stray dogs. I really wasn’t sure where we were heading, and the review in the guidebook (complete with the bar’s motto: “an endless dream”) did little to ease my fears that this might be some narcotics-filled den of iniquity. The bar’s external appearance offered no clues as to what lay inside, but we proceeded through an archway and found the large wooden door that led inside.

I’d like to point out in the strongest possible terms, and much to my relief, that this is *not* a drugs den and, despite its name, you cannot purchase opium there!

When we entered, we saw a group of young locals sitting around a large table smoking narghile pipes in a room to our right, and a dimly lit bar area (with décor that could best be described as “eclectic”, and just a little bit morbid) to our left. The music was not at all what I expected – some rather incongruous 1950s/60s love ballads.

We sat at a table in the bar area and ordered a couple of beers. The waitress, perhaps assuming (wrongly!) that as tourists we might not want the cheaper local beer, brought us a couple of bottles of Heineken (9 Lei / 1.80 GBP per 500ml bottle). Once we’d had time to look at the drinks menu, we saw that bottled Silva Brune was available at 7 Lei, Corona at a rather expensive 15 Lei per bottle, as well as a large choice of spirits, wines, vodka shots, cocktails, soft drinks and hot beverages.

The bar is open daily until 4am, and we noticed karaoke nights being advertised on the menu – but thankfully not while we were there!

On leaving, the barman asked us where we were from and asked us to spread the word of this bar to friends and family back home – or, in my case, to random people on an Internet travel site!

A friendly, quirky, and just a little scary bar on the back streets of Bucharest.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Fire Club: Lively bar and nightclub

by SWFC_Fan Updated May 5, 2008

Fire Club, Bucharest

My friend and I visited Fire Club one night during our visit to Bucharest in March 2008.

This popular bar and nightclub is located on Strada Gabroveni, a small street that runs parallel to Strada Lipscani in the heart of Bucharest. The area offers a few good nightlife venues, with the Offside Pub (see other tip) just a few doors away from the Fire Club.

There is a 10 Lei (2 GBP) cover charge to enter Fire Club, and you will get your hand stamped by one of the bouncers as proof of payment.

When we first arrived, we sat at one of the tables in the ground floor bar area. There was music playing in the background and music videos being shown on large screen TVs. We sat for a while, drinking draught Ursus beer at 4 Lei (0.80 GBP) per 500ml, before deciding to head downstairs to the club area.

Downstairs, there is another bar, a dance floor, and a small seating area with wooden blocks to sit on and small wooden tables. Being a Saturday night, the club was packed out and was particularly popular with students and other young locals. No draught beer is available downstairs, so we drank bottled Ursus beers at 5 Lei (1 GBP) per bottle. We sampled the Ursus Blond (a typical lager) and the Ursus Black (similar to Guinness).

A full drinks menu can be found on the club’s website here: DRINKS.

Expect to pay between 3 and 6 Lei (0.60 – 1.20 GBP) for a local beer, up to 7 Lei for Czech beers and up to 9 Lei for Hoegaarden and Guinness. You will find the usual selection of popular drinks such as Smirnoff Ice (12 Lei / 2.40 GBP) and Red Bull (10 Lei / 2 GBP), as well as a large range of spirits, wines, soft drinks (4 Lei / 0.80 GBP per bottle and hot beverages).

The music consisted largely of rock, pop and indie music from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. It was quite an eclectic mix, from The Proclaimers to The Kaiser Chiefs, as well as music from two of Sheffield’s finest bands; The Arctic Monkeys and Pulp.

No dress code was apparent – I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt and trainers, and most people were casually dressed.

A lively bar and club, with bottled beers and a good selection of music!

• Absinth BAR: Absinth Fantasy

by andrei2k Written Mar 27, 2008

Warm-up or cool down! Get together and get funky! this thematic party bar will stir up your imagination, will lift up your mood and will be recorded in your memory as an unbelievable fun and relaxing moment! All that at the altar of Absinth, the Green Fairy, the mystical muse of the old times, of Picasso, van Gogh, Hemingway and many other great names!

Dress Code: according to the party theme

• Romanian_Bat's Profile Photo

Grand Cafe Galleron: Different rooms and mixed crowds

by Romanian_Bat Written Jan 5, 2008

Grand Cafe Galleron

The Grand Cafe Galleron got its name from the architect that designed the buildings of the National Bank and of the Romanian Athenaeum. Every room has been designed (and subsequently furnished) in a different style. If you go there with friends, you might like the Library Room. If you go with your business partner or with your lover, you might book the Cigar Room. If you only want to have a (great) mushroom soup, you could try the main room by the entrance. Otherwise, you could very well try the Orangerie with its tall chairs and fine view to the street nearby. The wi-fi room (the central room of the house) provides free internet access to guests. The service is very good and the place served a great breakfast, as well as some fine main dishes (the calamari and the assortment of cheeses are especially recommended). Just as a reminder that you are in Bucharest, toilets are located down the same hall with the kitchen, and all waiters / people going and coming from the toilet go through the non smoking room.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Bucharest

Comments

Bucharest Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Bucharest nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bucharest sightseeing.

Bucharest Members Meetings