Sighisoara Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sighisoara

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Restaurant Rustic: Good local food

by lotharscheer Updated Jun 29, 2015

The Restaurant Rustic hat a somewhat strange decoration, a bit Dracula in the Wild West, but the food is good and cheap local fare.
    About 100 meters east of Piața Hermann Oberth.

Favorite Dish: I had Sarmale with Mămăliga (cabbage rolls and polenta), i am quite fond of polenta.

Restaurant Rustic Sighisoara Sighisoara Sighisoara Sighisoara
    • Castles and Palaces

• Pizzerie San Marco: Should Be Called Pizzarie Beggar

by levibg Written Aug 21, 2012

The pizza was good, the waitress nice enough.

But.

There was a large family of beggars working the whole parking lot (pizzarie is among several shops and apartment buildings with a traffic light nearby). Grubby children- naked baby and young girls in only skirts- and a woman with a baby in the heat came by our table at least a dozen times. Another family worked the grocery store parking lot across the street. Sighisoara is crawling with beggars and with signs saying how much a professional beggar makes in one day, warning you not to make the situation worse with your pity.

I've bought countless loaves of bread and donuts and pretzels and bottles of water for beggars on Romanian streets. I've cried over stray dogs. But I will not give money to professionals, not even children, when I know the father of the family waits around the corner in his leather shoes and vest.

Try eating a pizza with whining children watching every bite.

The waitress said she's chased them off so many times she doesn't bother anymore. One of the other workers gave a half-naked child his leftover bottled drink. I don't think that helps the situation.

Takes all the charm out of good pizza.

• StanF18's Profile Photo

La Perla: This restaurant is a joke

by StanF18 Written Aug 14, 2012

Service is fast and nice. Speaks english well. Interior looks well and is clean. The only problem is a food.

I ordered ribbs with sweat souce and potatoes. Meat was gummy and difficult to eat. It didn't departed from bones and I had to eat it by hands. Unfortunately it was low quality cheap meat that consisted mostly of fat. Unable to eat I had to expectorate it. Not nice feeling when people looks at you as you eat by hands and belch the dish. Meat wasn't flavored and we had to ask waiter for salt and pepper (thet didn't help). Actualy there was a sweat sauce but not on ribbs but on potatoes. Terrible.

My friend ordered Diavolo Pizza. It looked nice but tasted like paper and salami appered to be a chip sauseage. With some olive and without salami we finally ate it and i left my dish. Other friend ordered an ordinar chop. Not good but eatably.

If you have to visit this place just order coffee or beer. Don't trust the cook. I logged on this webpage only to warn you on this place.

Favorite Dish: none.

• Castles and Palaces

Restaurant Rustic

by HORSCHECK Updated May 21, 2012

On our second evening in Sighisoara we went for dinner to Restaurant Rustic. It is specialised in traditional Romanian dishes, but other meals are available as well.

The restauant is decorated in a dark wooden style. As we visited the place in low season, many tables were still available. A few locals were drinking, smoking and watching football on TV. Unlike in other parts of Europe, it is still quite common in Romania to smoke in restaurants.

I ordered "Sarmalute cu mamaliguta" (9,80 RON), which are stuffed cabbage leaves with polenta. My meal was yummy and well worth the experience. To drink, I ordered a Bergenbier (5,00 RON), that despite the name is a local Romanian beer.

Restaurant Rustic: My dish Restaurant Rustic

Cafe International and Family Center

by HORSCHECK Updated May 21, 2012

We were quite lucky with the weather during our visit of Sighisoara at the beginning of April 2012. During the day it was even warm enough to sit outside, so we once took an afternoon break at one of the outside tables of the Cafe International and Family Center.

They offer a selection of homemade cakes as well as organic hot snacks like toasts and quiches.

We ordered our food inside at the counter and it was then brought to our outdoor table. I had a cheese and ham sandwich (7,00 RON) and a fresh apple juice (7,00 RON). Later I also took a carrot cake (8,00 RON). Everthing was very yummy and I especially liked the organic apple juice.

Inside the cafe two internet PCs can be used free of charge. We took the chance to log in for a while to catch up on the latest news.

Cafe International and Family Center Inside Cafe International and Family Center Cheese and ham sandwich with fresh apple juice Fresh apple juice and carrot cake

Restaurant and Pizzeria La Perla

by HORSCHECK Updated May 20, 2012

On our first evening in Sighisoara we chose Restaurant and Pizzeria La Perla for our dinner. We had read quite a few good reviews about the place here on VT and our visit could keep up with our expectations.

They have a large outdoor seating terrace, but as we were there in early April we took a seat inside near the window. The large interior is kept simple, but tasteful. From our table I was able to see the pizza bakers making the tasty pizzas.

The menu not only offers pizza but also a selection of other international and local dishes. I opted for a Pizza Capricioasa (14,50 RON) and a local Ursus beer (5,00 RON). The pizza was perfect and therefore a good start for our time in Sighisoara.

Restaurant & Pizzeria La Perla: Pizza Capricioasa Restaurant and Pizzeria La Perla Restaurant & Pizzeria La Perla: Ursus beer

International cafe

by yumyum Written May 7, 2012

I read about the International Cafe here on VT on my research for the trip and planned it for a lunch stop.

Located on the central square in the old town it has the perfect location for people watching if you grab an outside table. Mind you, there are only 2 tables outdoors. It has a couple of halls indoors and also 2 PCs which you may use free of charge. They also have free wifi but it couldn't make it work with my iPad for some reason. They also sell a few locally produced (gift) items. It's a very laid back place in a community center.

We first sat outside in the sun eating a toasted sandwich each (RON 7) and I also ordered a lemon merengue pie and we had an organic natural apple juice each. Later we moved inside to use the computers and we shared a yummy carrot cake and drank tea. Most things seemed to cost 7 or 8 RON. Everything was yummy. We ordered inside and things were brought outside.

free to use tea and carrot cake interior with items to buy International Cafe

Restaurant Rustic

by yumyum Written May 7, 2012

The restaurant looks nice but be aware that all the locals are smoking. The locals weren't eating but just drinking and watching football on TV. It's rather dark in there. There is one table walled off just as you enter on the left. Only later we realized that this must be the non-smoking section.

Service was friendly enough. The menu consists of Romanian dishes. Under the chapter Romanian, there was also the Viennese schnitzel with French fries. I opted for that. The fries were a bit greasy but all in all it was an edible standard fare for a very reasonable price.

my dish interior outside view

Restaurant Pizzerie La Perla

by yumyum Written May 7, 2012

The Pizzeria La Perla has outdoor seating as well as plenty of indoor seating on several levels. Still it can be very popular and full.

We sat by the window just as you enter and I opted for a pizza. But this Pizzeria doesn't just serve pizza, they also serve a lot of local dishes but no pasta. One local dish I noticed on another table which looked intriguing was soup in a baked bread just like we had in Krakow (PL) but here it is a bean soup according to the waitress.

Service was friendly and attentive, although when they have full house you may have to wait a bit.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here like many VTers before us. Thank you all for your tip about this place.

PS: The toilet is on the ground floor, as you enter the restaurant go to the right of the bar.

Favorite Dish: I chose a Pizza Prosciutto which cost RON 12.50 (April 2012). The mineral water was RON 4.00, the juice and tea RON 5.00 each.

Restaurant Pizzerie Perla Pizza Prosciutto HORSCHECK about to dig in

• Perla Pizzeria: Positively Pizza

by Jetgirly Written Apr 16, 2011

I love Romanian pizza! How many times do I have to say it? It's all the yummy-ness of real Italian pizza (I should know), but for a fraction of the price. Yet another Romanian pizzeria that gets it right is Perla, which is located just outside the old citadel in Piata Hermann Oberth. They have a wide menu of thin-crust pizzas and pastas; in fact, the menu was enticing enough to make it my stop for dinner one day and lunch the next! Service was quick and friendly, though I did find that with the low tents on the patio any cigarette smoke really hung over my table. Regardless, it's a great place for Italian fare when you're in Sighisoara.

Streets Near Pizzeria Perla, Sighisoara

• Cafe International & Family Centre: Little Bites of International Flavour

by Jetgirly Updated Apr 16, 2011

This is a little cafe (which I'm assuming is "not for profit"), located inside a community services building on the main square in Sighisoara. They had a variety of baked goods such as American-style cookies and muffins, as well as hot dishes such as grilled sandwiches and quiche. I had a sandwich made with a local vegetarian spread (a bit like a tapenade or chutney); it was very good. The servers are multi-lingual and also provide tourist information to customers and non-customers alike; there is an internet point inside as well (free with purchase, so some rude people will buy a coffee and sit for two hours). The organization running this cafe provides a lot of support to the local community, so I would highly encourage you to give them a few of your tourist dollars while you're in town!

Streets Near Cafe International, Sighisoara

• antistar's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Perla: Pizzeria Perla

by antistar Written Sep 27, 2009

I was directed here by a tip on VT by Dabs, and it turned out to be a good one. The pizza here is cheap and very good by Romanian standards. The service is also friendly, and the location on Piata Piata Hermann Oberth is quite pleasant and away from the tourist crowds of the citadel.

Pizzeria Perla, Sighisoara Piata Hermann Oberth, Sighisoara

• antistar's Profile Photo

Cafe International and Family Center: Cafe International and Family Center

by antistar Written Sep 27, 2009

This is a bit of an odd cafe to say the least, but the service was pleasant and the food, what little there was of it, was very good. I don't know if they were having a quiet day because the music stage had cut them off and blinded people to the cafe, but almost everything on the menu didn't exist. I ended up having the quiche, which was really good, along with a blueberry muffin, which was equally excellent.

The town doesn't have many great restaurants, and almost nothing that is vegetarian, so this might be your only call if you need a place that isn't meat centric.

• iwys's Profile Photo

Casa cu Cerb: best restaurant in town

by iwys Written Nov 13, 2007

Casa cu Cerb is a hotel and restaurant. The restaurant is generally agreed to be the best in Sighisoara and, of course, Prince Charles ate here on his visit in 2002. The food is superb and the service is excellent. I had the most delicious dinner here that I have eaten at any restaurant in Romania: meat and dumplings in paprika sauce followed by chestnut puree with whipped cream and rum sauce.

• Business Travel

• iwys's Profile Photo

Casa Wagner: elegant restaurant

by iwys Updated Nov 13, 2007

Casa Wagner is a hotel and restaurant. The ground floor restaurant, with its white linen tablecloths, immaculately laid tables and elegant decor, is one of the most sophisticated restaurants in Sighisoara, but don't feel that you need to dress up to eat there. The food and service are good and it is not as expensive as it looks. The 400-year-old building is listed by UNESCO as one of Sighisoara's World Heritage monuments.

The soups are excellent, especially the bean and bacon soup. A two-course meal will cost around 25 lei.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Sighisoara

Comments

Sighisoara Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sighisoara restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sighisoara sightseeing.