Chita Travel Guide

• View from the overpass over the railway tracks
    View from the overpass over the railway...
    by yumyum

Chita Things to Do

• Galygo's Profile Photo
    Lenin's Monument

by Galygo Written Feb 22, 2003

Central square is very big.
    One side is occuped by Chita Region Government.
    On the oposite side there is Head Office of East Army District.
    In the center - Lenin's Monument.

Chita Hotels

Chita Nightlife

• Galygo's Profile Photo

by Galygo Written Feb 22, 2003

After second day of competitions we asked local person about nightclubs at Chita.
    He advised "the best of two nightclubs at Chita - "Nautilus"", and gave us adress.
    When we reach this place at 23:45 (local time), it was closed.

Chita Transportation

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    on a Chita platform 3 more images

by yumyum Updated Mar 21, 2007

I can really recommend a journey in 3rd class ie platzkartnii. You get to meet the real Russians and due to social control it is safe but of course unpleasant incidents can happen.

In my case it was a very drunken Buryat man that decided to tear me down from my upper bunk in order to show me some book. I was already lying down to sleep wrapped in the bed linen. I had talked to the man (and his wife) before but then he found a drinking companion and they drank themselves into stupor. The babushka Margarita who was also in my open compartment defended me as I would surely have been hurt, had I really be torn down. The situation was quite ugly but luckily the man fell asleep for the rest of the journey to Khabarovsk.

By the way, Margarita was travelling from a village west of Ekaterinburg where the train stops every 2 days all the way to Vladivostok to see her daughter and her family. I have been invited to go and stay in her home if I ever wanted to.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Chita

Comments

Chita Travel Guide
Map of Chita