Karma (ex Buddah) Bar, Moscow

Know about this? Rate It!

Karma BAR me & sister
    by pretty33555
  • Chuchy's Profile Photo

Karma (ex Buddah) Bar: Karma

by Chuchy Written Apr 11, 2006

I don't think it's a good place for tourists... But many people like it. Small area, too many people... Most of them are girls... It's really impossible to dance there... The dancefloor is too small... Too many turkish people go to this club every weekend. The good thing is that you can learn salsa, if you like it.

• lidia664's Profile Photo

Karma (ex Buddah) Bar: Salsa!

by lidia664 Updated Oct 13, 2003

karma Bar , inner interior

If you feel merry and in the mood for some fun and don't mind how funny you may look while trying to coordinate your body then you definitely must visit one of these Friday/Saturday nights in Karma Bar. First, you will be seriously shocked to find a lot of young people dancing salsa in pairs thus none of them is a professional. Second, you might feel sort of lack of confidence in yourself cause I bet you never even tried to do something similar, and third, if you are self motivated enough and eager to learn you would feel a desire to practice it! From around 10 p.m. the 'dancing-masters' a guy and a girl (still don't know who they are, they looked very much like Cuban) are giving one-hour free class for the beginners. This is quite a show indeed I may say!
    Try to move carefully and watch who is next to you, especially watch those high-heeled around you cause it might be so painful!!!.but so much fun!

• pretty33555's Profile Photo

Karma (ex Buddah) Bar: Perfect!!!!Terrific!!! Excellent!!!!

by pretty33555 Written Jul 8, 2003

People! It's a great place!!
    One of the best ones I've been:)))
    Entrance is free of charge till 10pm for girls (as far as I remember), then you'll pay 100-200 rubles.
    The place can seem to be situated on a very odd location and in general it may seem to be very odd:)))
    It has eastern interier and enchanting atmosphere:)
    They have latino music till 24:00 and then they have a disco with european hits.
    Go there to have great fun! Go there to meet different ppl from different countries:))))
    To say that I enjoyed being there is to say nothing!!!!!!! I just danced till I dropped!!
    Cocktails in average cost around 200 rubles

Dress Code: everth you want but withoin certain terms;-)

• kath_06's Profile Photo

Karma (ex Buddah) Bar: Karma bar

by kath_06 Updated Apr 7, 2006

I think it is very nice place to go to . Every friday , sat and sunday there are latin days where u can dance merenge, salsa, bachata and even brasil dances . Great people , very warm stuff. - so , I recommend it to you . you won t regret I am sure

Dress Code: They have " Face control" as we call it . Guards do not allow to get in drunk people in sport wear . normally people wear jeans , t-shirts , but stylish .

• heplion's Profile Photo

Karma Bar: Karma Bar

by heplion Written Aug 26, 2002

This is an interesting, very western, night club. Loud music, lots of dancing but with an oriental twist, complete with water pipes!

Dress Code: Not to dressy, but it is always nice to dress up a bit when you go out to any of the clubs in European cities.

• jobeski's Profile Photo

Budda Bar was where we went....

by jobeski Updated Aug 24, 2002

Budda Bar was where we went. Many English speakers there but the DJ has no clue how to mix songs. We left after 1 hour since we went to dance and they played no dance music. Check out www.exile.ru for every club in Moscow. Very funny desciptions
    None would not recommend

Dress Code: Casual

• Karma (ex Buddah) Bar: NEVER GO TO KARMA

by georgerussia Written Nov 2, 2008

Well what can i say; i heard alot about karma bar... so i decided to go with some friends.
    when we got there, for some reason the was a black man with a really stupid black beret on his dyed blond hair and he was the so called "face control" ... now just before I go on I have to say we were 4 Greeks born in England, tall, dark hair very good-looking fit and just looked like we came out of fashion TV!! But for some obscure reason the the black face control person said we were not dressed good enough to get in!!! When I asked why he told me to *** of, cuss your white!! Well, I decided to approach my fellow Russian and ask him to let me in..... well after 30 min and 1000 rubles later we were allowed to pay the entrance charge of 300 rubles each!!
    My point is, is that karma is meant to be for foreigners, well its ok if your black! i have never in my life met so much racism!!!

Dress Code: what dress code??

Instant Answers: Moscow