Know about this? Rate It!
We took a day trip one day to...
We took a day trip one day to KOLOMENSKOYE..on a bluff in a bend on the Moscow River its 10 minutes from the kolomenskoe metro stop...St John the Baptist Church(built for ivan the terrible)...KAZAN CHURCH...Peter the Great's wooden cabin..ST Georges Belltower...all quailty stuff...and a great view of the Moscow River.It is well worth the trip to the outskirts.
Kolomenskoye - former hunting...
Kolomenskoye - former hunting grounds of the czar. There are a couple of churches - a newish one (still active) with onion domes that look like the sky, and older one modeled on the style of the wooden churches (pictured), and another if you hike further in the woods with an interesting churchyard. Also old wooden buildings. Sit on the hillside and comtemplate the view of the Moskva (Moscow) river and the city beyond. Some art is sold here by local artists. At the metro station of the same name (Kolomenskaya).
See http://www.museum.ru/Kolomen/Defengl.htm for more.
New brand names!
It was really new for me to see how names of the popular brands are reversed and spelt not in original language, but in Russian.
That was always so funny.
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Moscow Travel Guide
Explore the World
- South Africa
- Norman Island Hotels
- Canandaigua Hotels
- Pita Kotte Hotels
- Kalibaru Hotels
- Southern Thailand
- Kauai Off The Beaten Path
- Berlin Off The Beaten Path
- Palm Coast.
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Petersburg Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Day Trip: Montserrat
- Sorrento Off The Beaten Path
- Oahu Off The Beaten Path
- Busan Off The Beaten Path