Know about this?
Always carry your passport at...
Always carry your passport at all time. The Miltia will do thier thing cause they can. It is one of the things I disliked about Russia. It is funny when they start talking to you in Russian and they are holding your US passport. Like you know what the hell they are saying. Funny actually. We got stopped 4 times just because. That is how it is there. They like to show the power. I understand bribes are excepted readily though I just gave them the stare down and that worked. A hassle really. Also never drink the water anywhere in Moscow. Always drink bottled water. I brought my own for brushing my teeth. I hear that you can get pretty sick from the water there.
The police check your passport...
The police check your passport and visa's regularly. Be sure the hotel registers your visa, or you will be charged a fine. Like any big city watch where and when you go places. Night time is the most dangerous, but I had no problems, wandering about the city in the daytime with my street map. Just use common sense.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Moscow Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Boca Chica Key
- Lake George
- Forest Hills Hotels
- High Point State Park Hotels
- Hon Mun Hotels
- Bhopal Hotels
- General Safety
- Turks and Caicos Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Luxor Warnings and Dangers
- Sharm El Sheikh Warnings and Dangers
- Indianapolis Warnings and Dangers
- Kodaikanal Warnings and Dangers
- Miami Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Daytona Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Gdansk Warnings and Dangers
- China Warnings and Dangers
- Dakar Warnings and Dangers
- Iceland Warnings and Dangers