Peterhof Restaurants

Sign outside
    Cheese Sandwich
    by grandmaR
  • Meat vegetable soup with olives and sour cream
    Meat vegetable soup with olives and sour...

Most Recent Restaurants in Peterhof

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Shtandart: Peterhof

by grandmaR Written May 2, 2010

Sign outside

It took me quite awhile to figure out what this place was called. I think it is this place - this is what the website says:

At the center of Nyzhniy park the "Standart" restaurant, surrounded by fountains(photo 5), is located. Earlier at this site there was the Illumination Yard, served for storage of pyrotechnic equipment, and also "A launch slipway" - a storage, built by Peter I. At the restaurant's site there was a house of guard Nsarov, served at Ekaterina II. All buildings have been restored upon ancient drawings.

The visiting of that restaurant will be a brilliant ending of meeting "the capital of fountains". Here you will have a nice rest after walking in the park and enjoy wonderfully cooked courses of Russian and European cuisine.

Favorite Dish: Since we had not had breakfast, we decided to have lunch here. We walked a fairly long distance to where there was a tour group restaurant serving food in cafeteria fashion. All the tables were reserved, except those outside. It looked like rain, but the guide was able to get one of the inside tables cleared so we could use it.

I had a kind of cheese sandwich - it had cucumber and tomato along with a rolled up piece of cheese in a croissant (photo 2). I also had a bowl of meat and vegetable soup which had black things in it that I assumed were beans, but which turned out to be ripe olives. We put sour cream in it, and it was very good (photo 3). I also had a kind of apricot pastry (photo 4). The meal for both of us cost me $40.00

• Cruise
    • Museum Visits
    • Castles and Palaces

• sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

Restraunt in the Lower Park: Beautiful food

by sparkieplug24 Written Jul 12, 2006

The restraunt/cafe in the Gardens at Peterhof is lovely and they were very efficient and nothing was to much trouble for them. The waiter although very young were very good at their jobs they spoke little English and I dont speak Russian but this was not a problem but be patient and remember your in their country so if anything you should speak their language. All food was piping hot and delicious

Favorite Dish: While there I had poched salmon and this was lovely. There cheese and Pineapple salad was also lovely.

This was a set menu as this was included in the price of trip to Peterhof. There was a Vegetable soup for starters, then salmon or cheese and pineapple salad and then ice cream for dessert.

• Cruise
    • Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Peterhof

Comments

Peterhof Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Peterhof restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Peterhof sightseeing.