Street Artists, Saint Petersburg

Know about this? Rate It!

Berries right off the truck ... car!
    by sennaya
    Art for sale
    by sophiebeans
    Amazing portraiture at St. Petersburg
    by swesn
  • sennaya's Profile Photo

Street vendors: Fresh Berries

by sennaya Updated May 20, 2007
    Berries right off the truck ... car!

In the late summer and fall you can buy fresh berries, Brusnika- cow berries, raspberries and so on.
    This vendor went to the forest and gathered lots of berries and brought them to market.
    Usually for sale near the suburban metro stations or in official markets.

• sophiebeans's Profile Photo

Street Artists: Beautiful Paintings

by sophiebeans Written Feb 10, 2005
    Art for sale

On Nevsky, there were a large number of vendors selling original paintings. When you get a closer look at these paintings, you'll see that many of them are outstanding! Be careful if you are planning to buy one, though, because I've heard that is almost impossible to take any art work out of the country. A Russian friend of my mine is an artist who now lives in the United States. When she decided to move to the states, she wanted to take a few of her best-loved paintings with her, but the customs people would not her through with them, even though they were her own pieces!

• swesn's Profile Photo

ST PETERSBURG : STREET PORTRAIT ART

by swesn Written Jul 1, 2004
    Amazing portraiture at St. Petersburg

Indeed, I truly believe the greatest street portrait artists are found here in Russia, and specifically in St. Petersburg, along Nevsky Prospekt, and even more specifically, this handsome dude with the floppy, brown hair and who seems to like to wear black leather jacket.

Feel free to print out my photo and armed with it, head down to Nevsky Prospekt... my memory fails me now but I believe he sits near the Armenian Church and track him down based on his back-view.

There are other artists around the church too, but trust me, this guy is the BEST. I stopped to watch him each time I passed by and I never failed to be IMPRESSED.

There are also more artists located around Catherine the Great Statue. But why settle for second-best?

Instant Answers: Saint Petersburg

Comments

View all Saint Petersburg hotels