Irkutsk Local Customs

Best Rated Local Customs in Irkutsk

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Icy handicrafts

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Feb 26, 2013

As Irkutsk is a Siberian city and winter lasts there almost half a year you will see a plenty of snow there from October to April.
    And you will see icy fortresses, buildings and fairy tail personages at its parks and squares. It's a very good local custom to create something out of ice.

You can watch my 3 min 24 sec Video Irkutsk part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

You can watch my photo of Irkutsk on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 52° 17' 0.05" N 104° 16' 29.21" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Icy figures.

• Hotboy_san's Profile Photo

Theatrical and historical center

by Hotboy_san Written Aug 26, 2002

Irkutsk is considered theatrical and historical city. In Irkutsk it is a lot of theatres and museums. And if you are interested in a history of Siberia and the Russian literature, necessarily visit museums and theatres of city.

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Friendly people

by tini58de Updated Sep 3, 2006

old man in Listvjanka

One of my nicest experiences in Russia was my first visit to Listvjanka at Lake Baikal:

we were strolling around the village, when we met this old man who invited us to come to his house! He didn't speak any English or German, we didn't speak any Russian, but somehow we did understand eachother! He showed us his house, told us about bear hunting in the 1960's, showed us pictures and left me with a wonderful and warm feeling towards his friendliness!

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Slow life

by tini58de Written Aug 26, 2002

movie ads in Irkutsk

Life seemed to be much slower there and I got to see things, that I had not seen in a long time, like these handpainted movie ads!

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Padlocks

by JessieLang Written Oct 18, 2012

Decorative bridge railings have bunches of padlocks on them—newlyweds fasten them to the railing and then throw the keys in the river.

Instant Answers: Irkutsk

Irkutsk Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Irkutsk local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Irkutsk sightseeing.