Kaliningrad Warnings and Dangers

Here not painted by Germans
    by lotharlerch

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Kaliningrad

• Jan-ErikK's Profile Photo

Don´t get ripped of at airport by a taxidriver!

by Jan-ErikK Updated May 30, 2013

We were met by a taxdriver as soon as we passed the last checking at the airport . We had planned to take the airport bus we read about, but he said there wasn´t any. So we thought this was the chance to go to town. We jumped into the taxi parked just outside and then we passed both the airport and the taxí rank... And the trip even though hu used taxameter became very expensive!
    The usual trick - don´t let the newcomer get an overview of the situation! I gone through this so many times all over the world...

• Jan-ErikK's Profile Photo

Learn the cyrillic letters before you go

by Jan-ErikK Updated May 30, 2013

And some Russian words. Even if you don´t have time to learn Russian it means a lot to be able to interpret the cyrillic letters. But you will still be in trouble at the nice restaurant when the menu is just in Russian and no one in the stuff speeks a single world English...

• Sakke80's Profile Photo

Night time

by Sakke80 Written Feb 26, 2008

I've only once very briefly (one night) visited kaliningrad.
    I was adviced never to go walking alone, and that you should go with someone who knows the city, and most importantly; speaks russian!
    Luckily, i was able to get couple of co-workers that used to live there, to go with me.

• saracen's Profile Photo

Make Sure You Get Registered!

by saracen Written Sep 23, 2005

Wherever I have stayed in Russia before, the hotels have always taken care of local registration. However, because the rules about registration are so inconsistent depending on where in the country you are, when the nice lady who checked my passport upon arrival from Moscow (where I was registered) never said anything, and when the hotel I stayed in never offered to register me, I (wrongly) assumed that registration was not necessary.

Result - I was dragged out of the check-in queue when I came to leave, and given a 10 minute lecture by a very angry pair of airport militia and given a 1,000 rouble fine. I was lucky to actually catch my flight.

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo

Sovjet Neonazis

by lotharlerch Updated Apr 16, 2005

Here not painted by Germans

Swastikas as here at the traffic sign can be found here but they are not painted by the German nostalgy tourists...

The German tourists you see here are mostly quite depressed and shocked.

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Kaliningrad

Comments

Kaliningrad Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Kaliningrad warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kaliningrad sightseeing.