Kostroma Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Kostroma

• globetrott's Profile Photo

I came by river-cruise to Kostroma

by globetrott Written Apr 16, 2010

I came to Kostroma by the rivercruise-ship M/V Furmanov of Orthodox-cruises. We landed at "Rich-noi Vauxhall" (=river-station), a place that is quite close to the large markethalls and within easy walkindistance to the most important sights of the city.
    Nevertheless we made our citytour by bus, that was included in our cruisepackage. In the afternoon we had some extra time and so I walked to the city myself.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Ride along Kostroma by public transport

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Jan 11, 2010

in a bus

I had to use public transport to get to the city center because our car was busy while Irina took part in the dog-show which was held in the suburb of the city.
    There are a lot of bus shuttles in Kostroma. Bus #13 shuttles between the main square (Susaninskaya ploshchad’) and the Ipatiev Monastery. Trolleybus #2 runs between the main square and the train station. Public transport should cost you about 8 RUR per ride (as for 2009).

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

How to get to Kostroma by car or train

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Jan 11, 2010

The city is located on the banks of the Volga River 330 kilometers northwest of Moscow.
    You can get there by car on the way to Yaroslavl (270 km) and turn to the right just before entering the city. Then you should drive about 60 km (though the road isn’t very good, unfortunately). It took us about 5 hours because of traffic jams near Moscow.
    There are daily overnight trains to/from Moscow and regular trains and "elektrichki" from Yaroslavl.
    Most of foreign tourists usually get Kostroma by cruise boats.

• yumyum's Profile Photo

By trolleybus

by yumyum Written May 18, 2007

trolleybus

In Kostroma you find buses and trolleybuses as public transport options to get around. I didn't use them here as I was on a tour.

Instant Answers: Kostroma

Comments

Kostroma Transportation

Reviews and photos of Kostroma transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kostroma sightseeing.