Gelendzhik Travel Guide

Gelendzik Bay
    Gelendzhik's lighthouse
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Me in the tourist camp
    Me in the tourist camp "Solnechnaya...

Gelendzhik Things to Do

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 20, 2013

The Gelendzhik Bay is located on the Russian coast of the Black Sea to the southeast of the Tsemes Bay between the capes Tonkiy (Thin) and Tolstyi (Thick).
    You can see the Bay on my photo from the Markotkh Range.

Gelendzhik Bay
    • Mountain Climbing

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Nov 9, 2013

Michail Chernigovsky’s Church was built on the Tonkiy Mys’ (Thin Cape) at the Gelendzhik Bay in 1910-1912 by architecture V.Pokrovsky. It was used in various purposes after 1917 until it was almost destroyed during WWII. We saw it in 1988 as a ruin (on my photo). It was rebuilt in the end of 1990th though it lost its original appearance.

Michail Chernigovsky in ruin Michail Chernigovsky Church in 1910 (photo)
    • Architecture

• Carolin's Profile Photo

by Carolin Written Aug 5, 2005

Do you like to have butterflies in your stomach and do breathtaking things?:) It's for you because you'll remember all your happy moments in your life before this machine is taking a run!!! On the other hand you'll be able to go through green trees with your chindren and let them to have fun on some "machines" for children!

I'm a hero after that:)
    • Theme Park Trips

Gelendzhik Hotels

Gelendzhik Favorites

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 9, 2013

Favorite thing: For the first time I came to Gelendzhik and its suburb - Solntsedar in summer of 1965.
    I was ten years old and my parents sent me to the Black Sea in the pioneer camp “Severomorets”. It was our custom in Soviet times to send children in pioneer camps on summer. It was one of the most unfortunate summers in my childhood because the previous summers I spent in the Crimea and Caucasus with my mother and it was first time when I was alone… I didn't like the pioneer camp at all and there were a lot of reasons for my disappointment.
    I was very surprised to know that this children camp still exists. Unfortunately I haven’t got any photo from 1965 that’s why I put photos from Internet where you can see a house where I spent 39 days in June-July of 1965. Besides that you will see the Count Vorontsov's House which was occupied for the library where I spent many hours in that summer. I didn't know about the owner of this beautiful house in those times.
    You may be interested to learn that "Solntsedar" (the name of the area close to Gelendzhik)was the name of the cheapest wine in Soviet times, haha!

Count Vorontsov House Severomorets camp Severomorets camp Severomorets Severomorets

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Nov 9, 2013

Favorite thing: For the second time I came to Gelendzhik in August of 1974. I was a student and we traveled to the Black Sea with my fellow students. It was a very exciting trip which began in Novorossiysk, continued in Kabardinka and finished in Gelendzhik in the tourist camp "Solnechnaya (Sunny)" where we spent three weeks.
    The most exciting event in those happy days that I seriously fell in love, luckily without any consequences – do you remember about my friend in Kabardinka, haha! Nevertheless it’s a lot of recollections about that summer in Gelendzhik.

Beach of the tourist camp Me in the tourist camp

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 9, 2013

Favorite thing: For the third and the last time we came to Gelendzhik in August of 1988. I was already the head of my family and we were together with my wife Irina and two sons: eleven years old Pavel and nine years old Andrey.
    We spent there three weeks and lived in the tourist camp on the shore of the Gelendzhik Bay. The boys learnt swimming and were a success, especially - Pavel. Irina was glad that we could afford that trip in those rather difficult times. There was deficit of food shortage all over the USSR and we could feed our children with great efforts… Nevertheless we all remember the summer in Gelendzhik with pleasure.

Gelendzhik's lighthouse

Instant Answers: Gelendzhik

Comments

Gelendzhik Travel Guide
Map of Gelendzhik