Krymsk Favorites

• Southern Russian Black sea port of Novorossijsk
    Southern Russian Black sea port of...
    by Porfiris
  • Beautiful creeks find it's way through the valleys
    Beautiful creeks find it's way through...
    by Pavlik_NL

Most Recent Favorites in Krymsk

• Get together with family and friends

by Porfiris Updated Dec 25, 2002

Southern Russian Black sea port of Novorossijsk

Favorite thing: Getting together in one place with a large number of family and friends. It seems that this is a big part of life in Southern Russia. It is always a great time. Be ready to do some toasting and drinking. Every place has a shot glass. The Russian men WILL toast to something, and many times, mostly for family health, to a certain individual or couple. It went over quite well when I toasted my two Uncles for giving me such wonderful cousins. These get togethers were numerous so get ready to add a few pounds, too.

Fondest memory: The first time I came to Southern Russia, I felt as if I came home. This is my fondest memory. It is hard to leave and when I am back in America, Southern Russia pulls at me very hard.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Kavkas, the Caucasus-mountainrange.

by Pavlik_NL Written Nov 4, 2002

Beautiful creeks find it's way through the valleys

Favorite thing: The Caucasus mountainrange runs roughly between the Caspian and Black Sea along the borders of Turkije, Iran, Azerbajdan, Armenia, Gerorgia and Southern Russia. The area is one of the oldest inhabited parts of the world and on it's Southern flanks, mount Ararat, is surrounded with legends (most famous is the one about the Arc of Noah). In the North, the mountains slwoly grow lower along the Black Sea-coast as far as Anapa, to rise up again on the Ukrainian peninsula of the Krim (where they are not anymore called Kavkaz (=Caucasus). On these hills and mountains many forests are still as they were million years ago. The relief makes agriculture difficult, but recreation is slowly finding it's way here.

Fondest memory: The time we spend here brought me back to younger years. Fun, games, laughter and craziness in our group, however mixed with lovely conversations among eachother about various topics.

Instant Answers: Krymsk

Comments

Krymsk Favorites

Reviews and photos of Krymsk favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Krymsk sightseeing.