Magadan Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Magadan

• Again, I was there as a part...

by Jenny48 Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Again, I was there as a part of my concert tour.I stayed in a wonderful hotel. I was treated like royalty. When I arrived I was greeted with television cameras and newscast people. You know most things are hard for the Russian people, and at this particular airport there wasn't any walkways to exit from the plane to the airport, you were to walk at least 100 ft. or more to get to the warm airport. Of course we are talking maybe thirty degrees below zero weather in Nov., I was fortunate to have an entourage of people to pick me up from the plane and whisk me to the Hotel.

Fondest memory: Again, the people, they were very kind indeed. Of course there were many curiosities about my person, there where lots of stares of course being an AfroAmerican woman. I might also add the first black american to perform there. Singing Negro Spirituals, Russian Folk music,and arias.

• Yurievich's Profile Photo

Yurievich's General Tip

by Yurievich Updated Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: I was a child when my family lived in Magadan, so most of my memories are great as childhood memories usually are. There is feeling of being a setteler on the other planet. You may walk along the streets of the town and at the same time enjoy the view mountains (sopkas) surrounding it. And you don't need to walk to much out of the town to find absolutely wild nature. Permafrost doesn't let the trees to grow very high, but it is still a forest. You may go to the shore of Okhotski sea. The town is situated at the neck of a penninsula, between two bays, Nogaev bay and Gertner bay. Gertner bay at the ebb of tide looks fantastic: a vast area of exposed sea bottom.
    I really miss Magadan's nature.

Instant Answers: Magadan

Comments

Magadan Favorites

Reviews and photos of Magadan favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Magadan sightseeing.