Magadan Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Magadan

• As always bring your own...

by Jenny48 Written Aug 24, 2002

As always bring your own water,and as a singer it was quite essential for me to have water at all times. There is a bottle water that is bottled right in their springs,and it was an effervesent it was all right. They thought the world of it, I didn't because I don't like bubbly water. Beware,in the dead of winter in this particular region, your heat could be cut off, there the water supply could be cut off. The government usually warns people of the cut offs, and sometimes they don't. So be prepared! I was told by some of the natives that Moscow really didn't care for their lively hood and if there wasn't enough coal for the government to do what they wanted. Then the people there would have to suffer. I don't know if that's true or not.

• Yurievich's Profile Photo

Climate is not the most ...

by Yurievich Written Aug 24, 2002

Climate is not the most comfortable in Magadan, to say the least . It is much colder than in Helsinki or S-petersburg, although they all stand on the same latitude. Winter last from September-October to May. The latest time I saw snow was the beginning of June. It is not so cold in winter (-20C may be the lowest temperature), but always windy. Wind sometimes is so strong, that the schoolchildren are prohibited to go to school (to their delight:)).
    As they say, there are a lot of bears in the forests. I did't meet any, but my father and mother did.

Instant Answers: Magadan

Comments

Magadan Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Magadan warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Magadan sightseeing.