Sergiyev Posad Tourist Traps

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Photography pass

by HORSCHECK Written Jan 9, 2010

No one is watching you

Although the entry to the Trinity Monastery of St Sergius Lavra grounds is free, there is a multilanguage sign at the entrance informing that for taking photos a photography pass for 100 Rubles (ca. 2,20 Euro) should be bought.

As I didn't see anybody buying this pass, I entered the grounds without buying it either. Inside the monastery grounds I saw quite a few people taking photos, so I did so as well and nobody really complained.

Only once I noticed a Japanese tour group with this photography pass, which is actually only a sticker.

So when you are on an individual trip, don't bother about buying this photography pass. It mainly seems to be a tourist trap.

• Trains

• heplion's Profile Photo

the hotels here are a tourist trap!!

by heplion Written Oct 11, 2002

There seem to be two hotels in the city. One that does not accept foreigners and one that accepts them but only at a 400% higher rate! When confronted with this I explained tot he woman that I could find a cheaper hotel in Moscow, her response..."You aren't in Moscow"

"I will be in two hours" I replied and was on my way back to the trains station!!!

Unique Suggestions: Make sure you bring cash, the hotel doesn't accept credit cards....

Fun Alternatives: Make it a day trip from Moscow...it is easy to reach and aside from the monastary, there isn't much else to see.

Instant Answers: Sergiyev Posad

Comments

Sergiyev Posad Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Sergiyev Posad tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sergiyev Posad sightseeing.

View all Sergiyev Posad hotels