Sergiyev Posad Warnings and Dangers

English brochure (50 Rubles)
    by HORSCHECK

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Sergiyev Posad

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Prices in the monastery shops

by HORSCHECK Written Jan 9, 2010

Quite a few buildings on the monastery grounds are home to monastery shops. These offer all sorts of religious items from Orthodox books to icons as well as souvenirs.

In the shop inside the Water Tower I found a little English brochure about the monastery. It was priced at 50 Rubles.

I took one of the brochures and went to the lady at the cashier's desk who told me in Russian a price of 60 Rubles. As I speak some basic Russian I could understand her. I was a bit surprised about the higher price but thought that I might have seen a wrong price at the shelf, therefore I paid.

Then I went back to the shelf to check the price again. It was indeed only 50 Rubles, so I went back to the lady and told her about the correct price. Without hesiation she gave me 10 Rubles back. It was probably a good try to rip me off.

English brochure (50 Rubles)
    • Trains

• filip007's Profile Photo

Queues

by filip007 Written Oct 13, 2007

Not exactly a danger, but being a place of pilgrimage and touristy place, you will need to wait to get into the Trinity Cathedral - so either get there early or be prepared to wait for up to 1 hour...

• Canadienne's Profile Photo

Souvenir Shopping

by Canadienne Written Sep 14, 2003

There is a lengthy pathway of souvenir tables leading from the entrance of the monastery to the city's main road.

Browsing might seem like a good idea, but be forewarned that you'll be facing a persistent sales pitch.

Instant Answers: Sergiyev Posad

Comments

Sergiyev Posad Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Sergiyev Posad warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sergiyev Posad sightseeing.

View all Sergiyev Posad hotels