Perm' Things to Do

White Mountain Monastry
    by 19ghost73
  • Urals as seen from White Mountain monastry
    Urals as seen from White Mountain...
    by 19ghost73
    the great mosque of Perm
    by globetrott

Most Recent Things to Do in Perm'

the great church-interior

by globetrott Updated Jul 24, 2008

When I came to this church a church-service was going on and so I could just take a few photographs through the open door, so that nobody could feel disturbed. This church is without doubt the most beautiful that you will find in Perm, but most probably it normally closed during the day.
    And once again this church was not mentioned on our guided bustour, although we saw its golden domes 2 times from the distance.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

the church close to the cruiseport

by globetrott Updated Jul 24, 2008

This is the interior of the beautiful church close to the cruise-port. You will be able to enter it freely and without restrictions during the day. When we were there with the tourgroup, we had been told that photography is forbidden inside that church, but I had made my pics already some time before we went there, because I went there in the morning on my own and did not have any problems at all, taking pics.
    I am glad that my digital camera has a strong lense of 1:1,8 and I dont need a flash.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

the old town-quarter of wooden houses

by globetrott Updated Jul 24, 2008

old town-quarter of wooden houses in Perm

There is an old town-quarter in Perm, where at least 40 or 50 of old wooden houses were built close to each other like in a small village, and although people are living in these interesting houses nobody seems interested to maintain or restore them.
    We passed by these houses in our tourbus and not a single word was mentioned about them by our tourguide and only when we asked her she told us that these houses will be torn down and replaced by modern buildings.
    That would really be a pity and the city of Perm would loose its soul in my opinion !

and this is finally the Balletschool of Perm

by globetrott Updated Jul 24, 2008

The Ballet-school of Perm seems to be quite popular all over Russia, because a VT-friend of mine had a strange reaction, when I told her that I will make a cruise from perm to Moscow : "I wonder what they will show you in Perm, except maybe the Ballet-school"
    In any case this building will always be mentioned, when the tourbuses are passing by.

The monument for the victims of WW II

by globetrott Updated Jul 23, 2008

The monument for the victims of WW II

This is the really impressive monument for the victims of WW II and you will find it in the centre of a giant sqare and park in the centre of the town. I had been there shortly before May 9th , the day when the victory against the Nazi-regime is celebrated each year with several festivities, a lot of people wear badges, cars are decorated etc.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

a nice building in the city

by globetrott Updated Jul 23, 2008

This is another building in the centre of Perm and I simply cannot remember its name or function, but at least it is one of the older buildings that are proudly shown to the tourists, during a guided bustour. It was not easy to take my pics trough the bus-window, unfortunately buses never seem to be washed before they make a tour.

In the city of Perm

by globetrott Updated Jul 22, 2008

This is one of the major buildings in the city of Perm and we passed by it on our guided bustour through the city. I could not understand the name of the building, maybe a theatre or university, it does not matter a lot for tourists anyway, as long as it looks nice like this building dating back to the glorious time of the 19th century.

the school of the Transsibirian Railway

the school of the Transsibirian Railway

The local tourguide told us that this building is the school of the Transsibirian Railway, and in fact you will see some signs and other railway-stuff in the back of the building, that is next to the train-station of Perm.

• Trains

• globetrott's Profile Photo

an old palace close to the river

by globetrott Updated Jul 22, 2008

Take a look at this great building, it even does not matter that it is in a very bad condition, you still might see its former glory someway shining through. Obviously the restauration-works have started already and I really hope to see it in a better state maybe next time !

• globetrott's Profile Photo

a great church close to the cruise-port

by globetrott Updated Jul 22, 2008

This great church is close to the ship-landing-station and it will be lighted at night and you will see it from the ships-decks.
    It is also part of the guided tour for most of the organized bustours and includes also a seperate a belfry in the church-court, whose entrance-gate is not really easy to find, because the church is surrounded by several parks and higher buildings and you might see the church from all sides, but enter it only though the gate on my main photoraph.
    Dont miss to take a look inside, it is really worth it, see my next tip !

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Get really big ears in Perm

by globetrott Updated Jul 22, 2008

This small "monument" is the favorite sight of all tourguides in Perm, and tourists seem to like it as well, as you see on my photographs, dont miss the last one, showing a notorious globetrotter...
    There is also a "story" behind these ears : In medieval times many people of Perm used to carry large sacks of salt on their back and obviously got red ears that way

The lovely blue Art-Nouveau-house

The lovely blue Art-Nouveau-house

This lovely blue Art-Nouveau-house is my favorite building in Perm and also the local tourguides are all proud of it and will take you there. And like all art-nouveau-buildings you also have to take a look at the accessories like the fences and gates, they will always match to the great architecture of the building.

The State Theatre of Ballet & Opera

The State Theatre of Ballet & Opera in Perm

The State Theatre of Ballet & Opera is part of every sightseeing-tour through the city of Perm and even Papa Lenin has survived on his monument next to it, as you will see on my last photograph.

• Theater Travel
    • Music

• globetrott's Profile Photo

one of the most beautiful churches of Perm

by globetrott Updated Jul 19, 2008

This church with the 5 golden domes is without doubt one of the most beautiful churches of Perm. This is another sight that will not be shown by the official sightseeingtours, so I went there on my own and I was lucky that the gate of the church-court was open, and inside the church there was a service going on and so I could enter and take a few pics without flash and without disturbing anyone - see my next tip for the great interior.

the big mosque of Perm

the great mosque of Perm

This mosque is in my opinion one of the most interesting sights of Perm, but when we made the official tour through Perm we saw it just from a large distance of maybe 200 meters, while sitting in the bus. In the afternoon I went back to see it again and I can simply recommend you to do so as well.

Instant Answers: Perm'

Comments

Perm' Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Perm' things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Perm' sightseeing.