Kazan' Restaurants

Don Chay restaurant
    by GIPA
  • Restaurants
    by Lighthouseman

Most Recent Restaurants in Kazan'

• GIPA's Profile Photo

Don Chay: Tatar food

by GIPA Updated May 10, 2014
    Don Chay restaurant

Don Chay was on my mind even before the travel.
    My tatar friend took me there and it was really an overall experience : tasting the tatar food , recommended by a native.
    It is a typical , popular restaurant with excellent food , and I felt at ease there. The ladies that work there did their best to offer us the best treatment. You can see and choose the food you want .
    I chose two salads , a soup and also that potato pastry that looks like" eyes" : Кыстыбый that is delicious
    Also had Olesh(Oлеш)made of lamb. and Gubadia (the desert)
    Sorry if I am not so good to describe the food but you can ask for these names there .

• Business Travel

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Kampai: Sushi: unpretentious and sophisticated.

by Lighthouseman Written Dec 6, 2012

The Oriental cuisine has a jolly sybaritic insularity, like some fantasy island where existence revolves around meals. It goes without saying that sushi bars in Kazan look almost the same way with identical menus, similar oriental interiors and even with equal prices. But unquestionably, the quality of food here is not depended on prices and a bar location as well as on a luxury of interiors of a restaurant.
    I personally think that the best Kazan’s sushis are served in “Kampai” restaurants. There are three locations of “Kampai” and you can choose the one which more convenient to you to get there. My family prefers a one on Pavlukhina street. The restaurant provides Japanese and Chinese cuisines with a great variety of oriental salads and soups, combo sushi sets and main courses. And deserts, which no doubt are not sophisticated here, anyway present you an unbelievable experience with a great choice of herbal tea.

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Tinkoff: The pub, the sport-bar and the beer museum

by Lighthouseman Written Nov 27, 2012

It is almost impossible to write about beer restaurants in Kazan without mentioning the one with the own brewery on board, the Tinkoff, which can be considered also as a sport bar and pub. You could also take a free tour to the Tinkoff brewery and get familiar with its secrets.With a location in historical part of the city, Tinkoff is an appropriate place for lunch as well as for dinner for a group of tourists tired after sights seeing.
    The restaurant presents European and Japanese cuisines with five kinds of own beer and live music show every night.
    The sushi in Tinkoff in my opinion is one of the best in Kazan, and there is quite big choice of Japanese courses in spite of that Tinkoff is not a Sushi-bar.
    I also recommend you its start-ups and grilled main courses prepared on premises by skilled chef and served with love, I bet.
    Unfortunately, the prices here are a far cry from average ones in Kazan and waiters standards not bad, but not excellent enough for that cost. On the other hand, it’s no doubts, there are only these two cons here. So, if you’ve come into some money you can include Tinkoff in your historic tour itinerary for delicious brake. I suppose you will like it by all means.

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Maximilian’s: From Bavaria with love.

by Lighthouseman Written Nov 26, 2012

Whether you’re considering beer and classic Bavarian cuisine or indulge yourself sushi and rolls, a wider range of courses of Japanese and Bavarian cuisines is presented in a restaurant right in the center of Kazan.
    Maximilian’s restaurant is provided services for about 1500 persons in the same time so it is very overcrowded and noisy on weekends. Interior of the restaurant as well as costumes of waiters and waitresses are in Bavarian national style what makes the friendly atmosphere here in the spirit of Germany. Moreover, Maximilian’s has its own brewery, so there is a great variety of dark and lager beer, as well as ale.
    The cuisine is very good and safe here, so there is no danger for Western visitor to eat here. Unfortunately, smoking is not prohibited indoor, and Russians smoke a bit even more than they drink. So, even if you reserve a table in non-smoking area, your clothes turn into ashtray after an hour of sitting inside the restaurant.
    Another advantage of Maximilian’s is live music of any styles that sounds every night here. So if you are passionate live music you should go there after 8:30 p.m. In that case an additional fee is appended to you check.
    I strongly recommend to you Bavarian sausages and bratwursts with beer, but sushi and sashimi are presented here in very short way, but this is Bavarian restaurant, not Japanese.
    Therefore, if you are addict of bratwursts and beer and like noisy and funny places with binge drinkers and music that liven up, this place is right for you.
    Bon appetite!

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Pashmir: The Thousand and One Nights.

by Lighthouseman Written Nov 23, 2012

In my opinion it is a waste of time for Western tourists here in Kazan visiting local European cuisine restaurants instead of trying something unusual and special. It is pleasure to me to introduce to you Uzbek cuisine, I am really passionate it and it is something that provides to you exotic and unforgettable sensations.
    Uzbek cuisine is presented widely over the city but majority of Uzbek cafes and restaurants of poor quality with an unsafe food. And only two or three restaurants here are the best not only among Uzbek restaurants but of all restaurants in Kazan at all.
    My wife and I as well as our friends prefer to visit Pashmir restaurant on weekends from time to time, and many local Uzbek cuisine foodies agree that it is the best. In addition to this I have to say that local Tatar cuisine is presented here too.
    Located in the heart of the city the restaurant is very convenient to attend with a spacious free parking lot. The interior looks like ancient Sultan Palace but with all contemporary equipments. The spectacular view to the lake of Kaban is the one of the prominent feature, but you couldn’t enjoy it in a winter time.
    Well, let’s talk about cuisine itself. As a foodie I have tried all Uzbek restaurants here and I would have to say almost all of them are poor standard of food and services and I do not recommend them to you. Moreover, do not pay attention to the price, even an expensive restaurant here can be a kind of cheap fast-food establishment.
    Pashmir offers a high standard of Uzbek cuisine, and the service here is not outstanding but very friendly and kind. The restaurant has a great and informative web site on English with a illustrated menu. Each course has a picture, so there is no problemo to decide online in advance what you want to eat.
    My favorite ones here are “Lagman” (but order only a half portion please, because after this course you won’t have enough space for other tasty courses), “Cheburek”, “Uzbek pilaf” (try it without doubt!) and “Manty”. There is a quite mixed variety of dishes in menu, just ask a waiter and he or she recommends to you something excellent.
    Nowadays, tips are not included to the check in most of Kazan restaurants, so 10-15% of the bill is enough as a tip, but for great service 20% and more are reasonable and satisfied.
    I strongly believe that you will have a great time here and you will turn into Uzbek food addict forever after a dinner in Pashmir.
    Bon appetite!

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Dom Tatarskoy Kulinarii: A local obstacle to eating right.

by Lighthouseman Written Nov 23, 2012

Obviously, nowadays with all these strict sophisticated diets, getting in shape and trying to live as long as it possible avoiding saturated fat, salt and all unhealthy food at all, many people intend to keep their healthy eating habits even on their vacations. But it goes without saying, a local Tatar cuisine here in Kazan is deserved one day of unbelievable delight instead of focusing weight loss or LDL-cholesterol.
    There is quite mixed variety of restaurants based on national cuisines: Russians, Armenian, Georgians, Uzbeks etc, but only one restaurant here in the city of Kazan is the only Tatar. I am sure that it is not a fashionable one, but only here you could enjoy real Tatar meals by affordable prices.
    I strongly recommend you “Shulpa”, a soup that is consisted of meat or chicken, vegetables and noodle. You have to order some lamb dish as a main course without doubt.
    But, in my opinion, the most attractive and unique meals are baked foods. There are a lot of them here, e.g. “Balish”, “Echpochmak”, “Chak-Chak”, the sky’s the limit.
    The restaurant’s spacious halls and national styled interiors which fire your imagination, I bet.
    Bon appétit!

P.S. You can read about Tatar Cuisine here in advance before your visit^

• MaryPetunia's Profile Photo

Dom Tatarskoy kulinarii: Kazan with chic!

by MaryPetunia Updated Apr 12, 2012

Talkish kaleve

The “Dom Tatarskoy kulinarii” translates as "House of Tatar gastronomy”. It means you can taste local cousin. I recommend tasting free traditional things:
    - Differents of pie (“ahpochmak” – pie with potato or beaf; “belsih” – pie with meat)
    - noodle soup
    - and don’t shock , please. The dishes are from the horse. The meat of horse is popular ingredient.

Favorite Dish: I discovered very delicious dessert –“talkish kaleve”. It looks like small pyramids. It made from honey, water, sugar, butter. You can taste this dessert in “Dom Tatarskoy kulinarii”
    But attention, it’s expensive place!

• Luxury Travel

Sultan Kebap: Turkish cuisine in Kazan

by ozalp Written Jan 8, 2008

Sultan Kebap

I think (or I was thinking) that Tatarstan cuisine must be similar to Turkish cuisine. I’ve read about it but I only tasted Tatar Boregi during my stay. If you have problems to reach proper meal, you can try Turkish restaurants in Kazan. I’ve seen many of them; I even had an Adana Kebap in one of them. There is a restaurant called Sultan Kebap on Bauman Street. And you can find many Turkish restaurants in shopping malls, too.

Favorite Dish: Kebap

Joker Bar: Brewery in hotel

by ozalp Updated Dec 28, 2007

My steak

I've written about this bar in the nightlife tips already. But I had a great dinner there, so I must write it as a restaurant, too.
    It was a cold time, it was -10-15ºC outside during my visit. So, I returned to the hotel for the evening and never considered to go outside afterwards. I decided to have some snack and sleep before the early flight. So I went downstairs and sat a table of Joker Bar. I could see the lovely night view of Kremlin from my table. All the waiters were so helpful, even they did not understand me. I had a steak with baby carrots, green beans, broccoli and potatoes, garlic bread, some craft beer. They were all delicious.
    If you want some snack after visiting Kremlin, this place could be a good choice.

Favorite Dish: Garlic bread, beers

Chocolate Café: Hot drink in cold weather

by ozalp Written Dec 26, 2007

Interior

What is the best drink for you in a cold winter night? Mine is hot chocolate. And here, they serve a delicious hot chocolate, but it was too sweet for me. And it even has a sugar cube by the glass! I think they consume too much sugar in Tatarstan.
    We had a tiramisu here, too. But it wasn’t a good choice with an extra sweet hot chocolate. Also it needed more rum.
    Oh, I told all about the defects! Actually the place was really nice decorated and illuminated. It is a lovely place to sit and spend time. There were some groups and couples around, but also there were several people alone, just reading a book and drinking. If you need to have a hot drink and relax, this is a good choice.

This place’s name has been told as Chocolate Café but I cannot be sure. I took the picture of the menu. I hope the Cyrillic letters on it will help you to find the place. I think there are more than one places of this café.

Favorite Dish: Hot chocolate but I'm sure you can find better tastes.

• RB_Oakes's Profile Photo

The Joker: Real beer!

by RB_Oakes Written Aug 16, 2004

In the back of the Mirage Hotel is the Joker, an American-style (despite their claims of being European-style) brewpub, along the lines of a Gordon Biersch. The food isn't the greatest, but the prices are fair all round. The service is great, the menu bilingual (and I don't mean in Tatar). The beer is very good - certainly the Helles is better than any of the Krasny Vostok brands and may be my favourite of all Russian beers. The only real complaint I have is that they have the music turned up way too loud.

Favorite Dish: Helles. An excellent example of the style. The other beers aren't bad, but this is a real standout.

• suvaa003's Profile Photo

No it is not my favotite but...

by suvaa003 Written Aug 24, 2002

No it is not my favotite but there is a macdonald in Kazan, and it is busy there and you can get the same food there as you can get it in any macs, so for the addicts there is fast food to.At the same prices so expencive

• suvaa003's Profile Photo

There is one resauraint, cafe...

by suvaa003 Written Aug 24, 2002

There is one resauraint, cafe and it is called Pakka, it is on Yl. Kremlinskaya,no 17, opposite of the post office.
    It is a nice place, good food and not expencive, and you can smoke there.
    Most of the restaurants in Kazan do not allow smoking!

• Afrodita restaurant: Very tasty!

by belka_fl Updated May 24, 2005

Baumana St. Kazan Russia

This is a very beautiful restaurant, very romantic, nice music and not expensive!

Favorite Dish: They cook great steaks!

• suvaa003's Profile Photo

there is an realy nice bistro...

by suvaa003 Written Aug 24, 2002

there is an realy nice bistro on yl Scevoskogovo, toward Yl kremlinskaya, they do Eko beer here, but no smoking notice the paintings on the wall!

Instant Answers: Kazan'

Comments

Kazan' Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kazan' restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kazan' sightseeing.