Kazan' Shopping

by Nuclei

Most Recent Shopping in Kazan'

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Mega Mall: The Biggest, The Best

by Lighthouseman Updated Apr 4, 2011

The inevitable has occurred! Mega Mall opened on the 18th of November 2005. The new family mall has a total are of 115 000 sq.m. There are about 137 stores. A wide range of goods turns people's heads. Dozens of cafee and restaurants help you have a rest during shopping. Undoubtedly, an object of note of this mall is skating rink (it works year around).
    Mall has a 6000 car parking, children rooms. You can visit Mall's web-site and know a lot about it.

What to buy: You can buy here:
    - All things that you need for you home (IKEA, OBI).
    - Clothes and shoes from chipest to exclusive models.
    - Appliances, electronic stuffs, mobiles etc.
    - Souvenirs.
    - Magazines and newspapers.

...and so on.

The skating rink Shoes... The vast hole The elegant men

• Nuclei's Profile Photo

Kazan Kremlin Shops: Traditional Tatar Souvenirs

by Nuclei Written Jan 15, 2010

There are cute shops in Kazan Kremlin where you can bu very authentic local gifts. Scarfs, beads, magnets, keyholders, snowballs, porcelain, glass tableware, many many others. The prices are not different than the ones you will find on Bauman street.

What to buy: Scarf of Rubin Kazan Football team or Kazan Ak Bars Ice Hockey Team.

What to pay: max 100 rubles

Kazan Kremlin Shops

• Nuclei's Profile Photo

Bauman: Main Street of Kazan

by Nuclei Written Jan 14, 2010

Bauman is the main street of Kazan and closed to the traffic (pedesterian street). You can enjoy walking and shopping. There are many restaurants, local, fast food, Italian, Turkish, etc.

Famous Epiphany Church is also on Bauman.

What to buy: Beer. There are many different beer brands available at the cafes on Bauman.

What to pay: 50-60 rubles

• Beer Tasting

Any market: Vodka?

by ozalp Updated Mar 13, 2008

For so many people Russia and vodka are inseparable. The name of this country reminds me cold and dark winter nights and vodka many times.
    This beverage has a very significant meaning in my life during an era. I consumed a lot, I liked a lot. So, when I was traveling to Kazan, vodka was already in my shopping list.
    They were the biggest vodka sections that I've ever seen. We first visited a market near my hotel. My friends told me its prices were high and we went to Metro. I bought 3 small bottles of vodka. I haven’t taste them all yet.

What to buy: Vodka

What to pay: It differs

Any market: Buy Child Chocolate

by ozalp Written Jan 8, 2008

I am using this picture as my personal for a while. I loved it too much. I’ve seen on big billboards on the roads of Kazan. I didn’t understand what it was. A lady gave this chocolate as a present to some people at the very same day and the mystery solved. Then, I found it when I was shopping and bought some for my friends in Istanbul.
    Everybody liked the chocolate and its package. One of my friends know Russian and she told us that the name of chocolate is Alenka and it is “Child chocolate”.
    If you want to make people smile buy some of these as souvenir.

What to buy: Chocolate

What to pay: Not much

Isn't it cute?

Any market: Chak-chak

by ozalp Updated Dec 27, 2007

I was lucky to have a voluntary and local guide at my first day in Kazan. Actually she wasn’t a real guide; she was a local and a friend of a friend. She offered me to show Kremlin at night. Also took me to some shopping centers to show me the local products of Tatarstan.
    Chak-chak (or chek chek) is one of these products. It seems like a cracker. She told me that it is sweet because of honey. I’ve read that it is served with tea here. I couldn’t taste it but my guide told me that if Tatars travel to somewhere, they must take some chak-chak as a gift for the people they visit. You can find chak chak in packages in the markets.
    Also I found a recipe for it in this link.

What to buy: Chak-chak

What to pay: Not too much

Instant Answers: Kazan'

Comments

Kazan' Shopping

Reviews and photos of Kazan' shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kazan' sightseeing.