Rostov-na-Donu Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Rostov-na-Donu

• isildur06's Profile Photo

Mission Impossible: exchanging dollars in Rostov

by isildur06 Written May 23, 2008

Things which you consider are the easiest in the world can turn into a disaster in Russia,like exchaning your Dollars to Rubles. In many banks I was given back my dollars for stupid reasons,like a mark by a pencil in the corner or a seal put on by another bank. In my third dya I discovered city bank.If you don't want to get upset or to be treated like a swindler, don't care about the rate, exchange your dollars at citibank. They don't create any problems.

• isildur06's Profile Photo

Corrupt customs workers

by isildur06 Written May 18, 2008

The time my plane arrived at Rostov me and some of the Turkish citizens were first told we had a problem with our visa. For about 2-3 hours we lived something like Tom Hanks movie terminal. While I was reading the airport regulations in Russian a man called me. He asked about some 100 questions from my university degrees to my job and wrote them with a pencil in a notebook. At which database these are investigated are unknown to me. He was simply after some gifts or if possible money. Well choice is yours you give some cigars or some money or wait a few hours. I chose the second one.

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo

In this country you can have...

by lorgnierl Written Oct 11, 2002

In this country you can have many dangers. The first is the roads : terrible and driving without rules!!!
    The second is police: but you could negociate with them. The third is Gipsies and Asians: they beg money and cheat....

Attention!!! Visual illusion. Sorry LENIN! No, no, you don't need vodka to see this!!! He is OK full face, but he looks a little bit sexy in profile!!! This kind of danger you can find seeing many revolutionary monuments (e.g., horses).

Instant Answers: Rostov-na-Donu

Comments

Rostov-na-Donu Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Rostov-na-Donu warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rostov-na-Donu sightseeing.

View all Rostov-na-Donu hotels