Terem is a russian word from old greek. It means tall chamber on a high basement.
This terem in neo-russian style was designed by Milyutin.
Building has wooden roof, that should be recovered each 3-5 years. On a photo you can see absolutely new roof.
Chapel of the Holy Spirit designed by Roerich. Is the most remarkable building in Talashkino. Unfortunately it is in the worse condition comparing with other. Interior is not yet restored and it is closed for now.
Many of exhibits are decorated by students of the school acording to the sketches of famous artists.
Maria Tenisheva (1867-1928) was one of the most well known Russian Maecenas, a patron of art. Her husband - Prince Vyacheslav Tenishev - was very rich person, founder of electric and automotive industry in Russia.
Tenishevs bought farm-stead Flenovo in 1894 and made it an estate, a center of cultural life. Repin, Turgenev, Chaikovsky, Mamontov, Vrubel, Korovin, Reorich, Benois, Dyagilev, Malyutin, Serov - all those people were often visitors of this estate.