boarding in the Urals
I did go boarding one day, but I didn't plan on it, so I wasn't prepared & everything was rental.
The riding itself was actually OK, it was all hardpack but not icy, not really much snow off the trails when I was there so no tree skiing or anything.
The mountains are short & sweet. VERY short, but plenty steep, & I'm from Telluride Colorado so I do know what a real mountain is...
I'm not big on snow terrain parks, but if they would just get a pipe dragon they'd have some goods.
Equipment: They made me put down like $600 AND my passport to rent, it was rediculous, & the equiptment they had I would have used to make a bench with here in the states, it was seriously trashed, so if you go, bring your old gear that you would never consider riding, & sell it there before you leave.
- Skiing and Boarding
Rent-a-boat station on the city pond
If you feel like rowing, there's a rent-a-boat station on the city pond in Yekaterinburg. You can sail across the pond up to the Glavny Prospect (the Plotinka) in one direction and to the VIZ district in another direction.
The prices are about $2/hour for water bicycles and older boats and about $4/hour for newer boats.
Pros: The banks of the pond are very picturesque.
Cons: No swimming please, the water is not so clean.
Equipment: A cap or some cover for head is a must - it's very easy to get a heatstroke sailing in a hot sunny day.
You may have to buy a bottle of mineral water or a snack beforehand, because the station's shop doesn't boast a wide assortment of soft drinks and snacks.
- Budget Travel
- Sailing and Boating
- Water Sports
Ural Motorcycling Tours and Russian Huntinting
Our Company arranges the below said feature tours for all who would like to see Russia and have a fun during the vacation in Russia:
- Motorcycling tours for enthusiasts of Ural motorcycles and fresh people who are just at the start of getting familiar with this great WWII vintage bike still produced by Irbit Motorcycle Plant;
- Motorcar tours for lovers of Russian off-road vehicles like Lada Niva, UAZ and for lovers of extremes and off-roading in the world's end;
- Hunting in Russia everything in connection: adventures, chasing, Russian vodka and the rewarding trophy.
Equipment: Ural Motorcycle, UAZ, VAZ, NIVA
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates