This information first and foremost concerns those men whose major goal in a trip to Russia is to find a "young faithful Russian wife" at a "considerably low cost". I want to assure you that Russia is no longer a despirate place to live in. Ladies in this country (especially between 25-35 y.o.) have much better living conditions and chances to be happy in their own country in comparison to what they had 5-7 years ago, when applying to a marriage agency was the only way to escape from poverty and former husband-drunkard. But now they learnt one more improtant thing: to live in a free fast-developing Russia can be a real pleasure if you have money (the first fruits of Capitalistic life :-) ). And living in any country can be a nightmare if you have no money. For a very long time Russian ladies had a strong belief that any country is a Paradise except Russia and any man is a "Prince Charming" if he is not Russian. But this belief has been killed during the last couple of years by Russian government which created and broadcasted several TV programs and published a lot of articles on the topic of "What a cheap, miserable and dangerous life Russian ladies have abroad with their foreignhus bands". So, dear Gentlemen, if you are planning a trip this summer to meet your possible Russian wife, be sure to prepare to your dates absolutely in the same way as if you were dating any American or European woman. Do not think that your potential wife's heart will be conquered just after she sees your American (British, French etc.) citizenship in your passport. Russian brides are not a cheap option now. And if you do not want to be fooled around by Her in order to get several free dinners at a restaurants at your expence (something is better then nothing) or to be disapointed (if you do not spend money to impress Her when you are wooing Her - what a cheap life She'll get when you get married?) - just take the date preparations seriously.
Unique Suggestions: If you really want to take you chance to conquer your Russian Princess' heart this season, please, take to your consideration the following facts:
1) Marriage agencies are loosing their popularity among Russian women now-a-days. Try to use free dating sites for acquaintance with Her.
2) Model-like smashing-looking Russian ladies (on the photos) is 90% a scam from the marriage agencies' part or a scam from Her part (if this is Her real photo).
3) Do not be "economic" at your first date. A beautiful bunch of flowers followed by a nice, expensive restaurant dinner - is what 90% of normal Russian men will do now at the first date to impress the lady. She is sure to expect not less from a foreigner if not more.
4) Be smart. Do not get trapped into "I have a big problem" situation. (F. eg. She will meet you again but She is very sick and needs $5000 for hospital treatment )
5) Be careful. Do not boast that you are a millionair, moreover if you really are.
6) Get acquainted with her family the sooner the better. By watching the relationship in her family (parents, sisters, brothers) you'll get the complete pictures of what background she got and what views on life she has. If she finds a lot of reasons why you can not meet her parents - this is the fist signal that something is wrong . (Russian people always introduce the One with whom they are in Love to their parents if the feelings are sinsere.)
7) And, anyway, remember one thing: Russia has changed in the Capitalist direction. And the rules of the game here are becoming the same as you would have if you travelled to America or Europe.... if not more strickt.
Fun Alternatives: What Alternative can be found?
If you are sincerely looking for your Second Half at any expense and just want to find the Love - struggle for it and consider your Russian Bride to be just a woman of the Universe. Forget that Russia was a "marketplace" for cheap beautiful and faithful single ladies long ago. In this country everything has the price and everybody knows His/Her value. To say briefly - welcome to Capitalist Russia!
I hope that this tip canbe of any help. I personally worked as theExecutive Manager in a marriage agency and had a bunch of deceived expectations from Gentlemen's part inmy memory because of the incorrect understanding of the recent changes in Russian life.