Voronezh Restaurants

by rw-bigfoot

Most Recent Restaurants in Voronezh

Burger Haus: German Food

by livfaith Updated Nov 13, 2010

Owned by the same people as BARak O'Mama's and a couple of other restaurants in Voronezh, this is a pleasant German-style pub / restaurant. The food was tasty - I had chicken wrapped in bacon - but not anything hugely memorable. The service was a bit on the slow side, although not so slow that we were getting aggravated, just that we'd noticed it was taking a while. In fact, I would have given this restaurant a completely positive review as a satisfying experience except for one thing. When we got the bill, we thought it was a little pricey so we asked the waiter, who told us that he'd given us bigger glasses of juice than the size written on the menu and was therefore charging us more. It was not a large increase, but still, we thought it was a bit cheeky.

Furusato: Japanese Restaurant

by livfaith Updated Nov 12, 2010

This is a great value Japanese restaurant in the centre of Voronezh with a pleasant and comfortable decor. It is open 24 hours, the service was fast and the staff efficient. We were all more than satisfied with what we ordered - noodles with beef, eel rolls and shrimp salad.

They also do delivery and take away.

The bill was about 500r for a main and drink.

Favorite Dish: I had an avocado, shrimp and salmon salad which was absolutely delicious - in fact, I wanted to order another one straight after I'd finished! Yum.

Italyansky Dvorik: Italian Courtyard

by livfaith Written Nov 12, 2010

Very smart-looking restaurant with friendly and polite staff. It is popular, but large so not difficult to get a seat without booking. The beer was great and everything was brought quickly. We all ordered pizza and all of us found it rather too cheesy - we can normally manage a whole pizza each but none of us did here. The ingredients were fresh and tasty, just rather drowned out by the huge amount of cheese (and I am a big cheese fan). They did have a takeaway service so we just asked for everything we didn't eat to be boxed up and attempted after a suitable break from the cheese!

BARak O'Mama: American Cuisine

by livfaith Written Nov 12, 2010

Signpost for restaurant

This American-style restaurant had only recently opened when we visited it in November 2010. It reminded me a lot of TGI Fridays - the quality of the food, the atmosphere and the decor. It was dirt cheap - we had to double check then triple check the menu when we first saw the prices. There is also a 20% discount during the day.

English language menus available.

Opening hours:
    Monday to Thursday: 8am - 12am, Friday: 8am - 2am, Saturday: 11am - 2am, Sunday 11am - 12am

Favorite Dish: I had chicken quesadilla which was quite tasty and came with sour cream a spicy salsa (Russian standards of spicy that is) and guacamole.

What to Pack from Home

by rw-bigfoot Written Jun 19, 2005

Outdoor Cafe

We packed a few things from home. I have a weak stomach so I wanted to make sure I was eating while there. I packed a sqeeze tube of peanut butter Perfect! the Goldfish crackers handled the trip really well, I took chesse and preztel Goldfish. Perfect with the squeeze tube of peanut butter we had a high protein meal just about anywhere from waiting in the airport to a fast meal. I also took protein bars, to me they were terrible tasting exspensive and not worth bringing. I also took a few cans of cooked chicken it was heavy in the lugagge but we ate a can for lunch in the park more than once and just by stopping at the store and picking up some bread and a icecream we had a nice fast easy to pack meal on the go, I took dried soup mix, packed great but we were in good shape drinking tea all the time so we didn't use the soup packs. I brought my own tea bags, this was great too, their tea was green tea or black tea so a few different flavor teas was a good change once in a while, You WILL drink lots of tea if you are invited into peoples home. Also pack a few plastic spoons, forks and knives they came in real handy! Make sure what you bring you can open! We took things that had self pop top lids no need for a can opener! We had no trouble drinking their water once it was boiled. I ate lots of different bread there, in every market and in every quick store you will fine fresh bread. Also buy your icecream in the quick stores not from a street vendor, they are twice the price we had a favorite one it has a pink and odd color green striped wrapper with a picture of a chocolate icecream on it with chocolate and peanuts. It tastes something like a heath bar but even better! Vanilla icecream coated in chocolate and peanuts for 8 Rubles. Just look at the wrappers you will be able to tell about whats inside them. I lived on bread, icecream, chicken, rice, pop and bottled water for the most part.

right next to each other: McDonalds/Baskin Robbins

by rw-bigfoot Updated Jun 18, 2005

Voronezh Streets

McDonalds and Baskin Robbins Ice cream are right together on the same side of the road easy to find right off the main road there's a McDonalds sign pointing the way. Great restrooms in MickyD's terrible in Baskin Robbins, wasn't much on the food at McD's didn't taste like the real thing, but there's buffet in the same building as Baskin Robbins store and they had great rice we got a double order of rice and vegetables for 10 Rubles great buy and good eating. We didn't know a lick of Russian and was able to place order just point and show how many Rubles you want of it! The Ice cream at Baskin Robbins was very expensive for tourist only! It was great but too expensive! Go to one of the local quick stores for an ice cream bar!

• Vilka: Soviet Canteen meets Western Cutlery

by Grai Written Apr 15, 2003

Vilka ('Fork' in Russian) is just a generally good cafe/restaurant. It has a Soviet style canteen and a western style bar. The food's not bad, and reasonably cheap. The building's decorated in purple and orange, with large amounts of forks sticking out from everywhere.

yellow vendor trailers all over town: Chicken from the vendor stand 140 Rubles

by rw-bigfoot Updated Jun 18, 2005

Voronezh Streets

the best rotissier chicken, whole "hen" for 140 Rubles use the word hen when asking for a chicken, Russian's don't use the word chicken. This was the best eating on the streets for us.

Instant Answers: Voronezh

Comments

Voronezh Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Voronezh restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Voronezh sightseeing.