Uglich Shopping

don't worry, I saw people buying there!
    by yumyum

Most Recent Shopping in Uglich

• Chaika watches

by JessieL Written Aug 19, 2007

What to buy: Chaika watches are one of the main products of Uglich, and they are sold in stands and shops all over town. I bought wind-up ones because I wasn't sure I could replace the Russian batteries in the others.

• Near the Town Square: The Cheese of Uglich

by chadeaux04 Written Jul 23, 2007

A provincial store frequented by local people with all the usual Russian foods available.

What to buy: Uglich has many local products, one of which is a wonderful cheese. When we disembarked from our cruise ship our Uglich tour guide told us the name of the cheese. Unfortunately, I cannot recall it's name. However, I was successful in going to the small store near the town square by the docks and vendors. I didn't know one word of Russian, but bravely walked up to the lady in charge and asked for "Uglich Cheese". She pointed to a huge wheel of cheese from which she had just cut a large wedge for a customer. I nodded and spread my fingers about one inch apart for a small wedge, since I would not be able to take it home and would need to eat it while in Russia. She and I somehow figured out the cost and I had my treasured Uglich Cheese! It was wonderful!
    I would encourage travelers to thoroughly enjoy the food of Russia, and to venture into the small local store (two steps or so down to enter).

What to pay: Probably under $5.00 in American dollars.

• Cruise

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Kiosk: Fresh pastry

by yumyum Written Feb 16, 2007

don't worry, I saw people buying there!

If you are hungry or just fancy a bite of a fresh pastry, then look out for such a kiosk in summer. It just outside the kremlin area in front of a restaurant.

Instant Answers: Uglich

Comments

Uglich Shopping

Reviews and photos of Uglich shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uglich sightseeing.