San Marino Restaurants

Ristorante Bolognese, San Marino
  • Dining room at Ristorante Bolognese, San Marino
    Dining room at Ristorante Bolognese, San...
    Course 2: kebab, sausage, veal and chips

Most Recent Restaurants in San Marino

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Ristorante Bolognese: Good value Italian set menu meals

by SWFC_Fan Written Oct 13, 2012
    Ristorante Bolognese, San Marino

My girlfriend and I had lunch at Ristorante Bolognese during a day trip to San Marino in June 2010.

This traditional Italian restaurant, dating back to 1920, is located on Via Basilicius close to the centre of San Marino.

The restaurant has an outdoor seating area with a handful of tables, but we chose instead to sit in the bright, airy and cool dining room. It features colourful paintings of San Marino's sights on its walls.

The restaurant offers a Menu of the Day which, at the time of our visit, consisted of a set 3 course meal for 16 Euros.

We both ordered the Menu of the Day and we shared a 1 litre Caraffa di Biancale frizzantino di San Marino – a local sparkling white wine (6.50 Euros).

The 3 course menu was as follows:

Course 1: Two types of homemade pasta - oven baked lasagne and tagliatelle with meat sauce

Half of the plate was filled with a generous portion of lasagne, while the other half was filled with tagliatelle and topped with a spoonful of minced meat in a meaty sauce. The food was nice enough; not spectacular though and it tasted as though it had been warmed up. The portion size was very generous, especially as this was only a starter.

Course 2: Grilled kebabs, grilled sausage, roast veal with chips and salad

A skewer of grilled meat (maybe pork), a large grilled sausage and a thin slice of roast veal. It was served with a plateful of thin French fries, a bowl of mixed salad and a basket of bread rolls. Again, it was enjoyable and served in a generous porton size.

Course 3: Cake or fruit salad

I opted for the cake which, on the day of our visit, was a bowl of tiramisu. It was a nice end to the meal.

Overall, we found the food at Ristorante Bolognese to be very good value for money. We enjoyed our pasta and meat dominated meal and washed it down with a refreshing carafe of chilled white wine. We'd happily eat there again if we ever returned to San Marino.

Good value Italian set menu meals in the heart of San Marino. Recommended!

• Cidricu's Profile Photo

LA TAVERNA: The best Piazza

by Cidricu Updated Apr 4, 2011

On Piazza della Libertà, in front of the most famous Palazzo of the country, this restaurant offers you local specialiaties. Even if it is on the main place, prices are not so expensive and it tastes good. If you're lucky enough to come here during a nice day, you can enjoy to have lunch on the terrasse... actually, in Piazza!.

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Righi la Taverna: A Michelin Star too!

by gordonilla Written Jun 20, 2010

Exterior (1)

I made a visit hear as it looked like a good menu. I was right; it seems that they have two venues at the one address - upstairs is an up market eating venue. It serves appetisers and and the staff are very attentive. It is a non smoking venue, so smokers have to leave for their fix!

My meal cost me 30€, so it was good value for money.

Favorite Dish: steak, salad and dessert.

Solito Bar: Escape from the sun and have a coffee

by gordonilla Written Jun 19, 2010

After walking and visiting all three towers; I needed a seat and a coffee. I called into several places, but finally decided on this venue as they also had a good tourist selection available to buy.

Good coffee and great staff.

Sadly no address information or anything on web for this.

Ristorante Bolognese: First night's dinner in the Republic

by gordonilla Written Jun 19, 2010

Exterior (1)

The restaurant has been a round since 1920 - and it does seem to be fairly traditional. I have to admit, that I was a little disappointed by the food when it arrived.

The menu seemed wholesome, but sadly the steak I ordered arrived as if it had been pan fried rather than grilled as I had expected. The side salad and chips were fine as was the coffee.

The staff were very friendly and professional.

Favorite Dish: Reasonable menu!

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

Nido del Falco: Another Italian!

by gordonilla Written Jun 20, 2010

Exterior (1)

I came here for dinner and then a lunch outdoors later in the week of my stay. I had an excellent meal each time; the staff were good and the menu full and inspiring.

Favorite Dish: peppered steak and salad

Instant Answers: San Marino

Comments

San Marino Restaurants

Reviews and photos of San Marino restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Marino sightseeing.