Stores, Malls or Markets in San Marino

Most Viewed Shopping in San Marino

• evona's Profile Photo

tax free

by evona Updated Jul 5, 2004

There are a lot of little shops. You can buy perfumes, jewellery, leather articles, alcohol. Here is it not so expensive, becouse all is tax free. And when you are tired by shopping you can admire beautiful panorama.

What to buy: jewelery, alcochol, leather articles, perfumes, glass......

What to pay: Euro, but you can pay too in dollars.

• Alot alot of shops!!!

by kedi+ Written Apr 14, 2003

I won't be able to give a name because they're alot of and they are everywhere... Ahh yes those shops of San Marino.. People are doing shopping as a crazy.. Do you know why? Because here there is "Tax free" and you buy things 20% less than their original prices... Mamma mia!!!

What to buy: There are alot of alternatives to buy... Souvenir are very interesting.. I saw alot of knives, swords, sun glasses, leather bags... Watchs, jewellery and especially parfumes!!!

Shopping..

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Tax free shopping

by Willettsworld Written Aug 23, 2005

San Marino has loads of shops as they are tax free. So you can stock up on perfumes, cigarettes, alcohol, jewellery etc - even knives! There is no border control into Italy so I suppose you can take back as much as you like.

• shavy's Profile Photo

Old town: More stores for handbag

by shavy Written Nov 15, 2014

How more we wander around how more shops we saw. And I notice almost in every corner in every streets in the city are full with handbag stores unbelievable! I have done some research before taking this trip. San Marino is depending on the tourism, which they receive plenty of visitors every year, that's why all the shops

The easiest thing of the shops here, they put some sample in the window. That way no need to go inside, first look through the window if you like something from the display. If you can't find, go to next door. Handbag stores is next to each other. Is amazing city I've ever seen.

Most of the shops give a discount, and many of the leathers are on sale. Tax free shopping is all what we need. But the problem is, we also need to buy extra suitcase. This what they say, shop till you drop.

For people doesn't know yet, if coming to San Marino be sure to have a bigger suitcase. Outside town there is a big factory outlet store where you can purchase much more of the Italian brands in less priced. But we didn't make it there, we run out of time

What to buy: Leather handbags, belt, wallet

One of the many shops

• vysnaite's Profile Photo

Pleasures of life

by vysnaite Written Sep 28, 2004

As you might already know San Marino is a separate republic, even if it's in a heart of Italy. They have lower taxes than Italy on most popular things that make life more pleasurable, so the shops you'd care to visit and spend less are: tobacco/sigarettes, alcol, perfumes.

What to buy: Cheaper cost on:
    Perfumes, sigarettes, tobacco, alcohol and other pleasurable legal "drugs" ;-) (as for real drugs, don't ask, I don't use them and they are illegal there too =))

San Marino shops
    • Wine Tasting

• von.otter's Profile Photo

A Practical Souvenir

by von.otter Written Mar 31, 2011

“The Republic of San Marino comprises an area of seventeen square miles, which is wholly inclosed within the kingdom of Italy, and contains eight thousand inhabitants. It is irregularly shaped, the greatest length from north to south being seven miles; the greatest width being five miles.”
    — from “The Republic of San Marino” 1880 by Carlo Bruc, duca di Busignano

Many of the shops lining the stone-paved streets of San Marino sell the most common of goods. They are cheap looking, undoubtedly made in China, and look as if they could be bought anywhere else in the world.

We opted to buy a practical souvenir to remind us of this mountaintop republic, jackets bearing the San Marino coat-of-arms.

The stall where we found these stylish numbers was located outside the frenzied main shopping area of the historic center; it was closer to the third tower, high on the mountain. It was run by two women, so enthusiastic to make a sale they lowered the price by 25%! That helped cover the exchange rate difference.

Jacket Souvenir, San Marino, June 2010 von.otter & Jacket Souvenir, San Marino, June 2010

• shavy's Profile Photo

Many of the shops: Local stuff

by shavy Written Nov 15, 2014

The Old Town is a spectacular play of colors and lights and in every street, neighborhood or square are little shops offering all kinds of goods.

The more traditional souvenirs to the most sophisticated jewelry. Typically, the production of ceramic objects and decorations which events in the history of San Marino are shown.

While wandering around I was amazed all the shops in the city. Each of them is very colorful. I always has to remember that the city is tax free and shopping here is less expensive than in Italy.

As I looking around for local souvenirs, no idea which one to choose. They have so many local stuff, and finally we decide to buy the smallest they have, as we have small luggage

What to pay: Stated from 5 euro and up

A candle store Wine store Doll store

• shavy's Profile Photo

Shopping in the old town: More shopping

by shavy Written Nov 15, 2014

The Old Town is a spectacular play of colors and lights and in every street, neighborhood or square are little shops offering all kinds of goods, the more traditional souvenirs to the most sophisticated jewelry.

San Marino is truly a paradise for shoppers, you'll find everything you need in this city. From perfume to sunglasses. Their price is little lower than in Italy due to tax free country. Unbelievable, the old town were full of small shop just next to each other

In the city are everywhere squares and narrow streets with interesting shops and quaint boutiques. All apparel, shoes and jewelry is completely and prefer other products such as electronics are also available. Be sure to come with big suitcase!

One of the window on the shop
    • Castles and Palaces

Handbag shopping

by shavy Updated Nov 15, 2014

I have found the shop of handbag outside the old town. When we walk down we pass to this shop. As I look to the window they have nice display. I went inside and I thought I was in the wrong shop. Is one store with two door, you can walk from one shop to the other without going outside

There were two middle aged women, and they really are good with English, I thought I'm gonna speak Italian again, but they speak English as well. Inside they have plenty of stock, in one side of the store all stock were on sales but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

The sales lady said, we have more stock and new collection next door. So, I've take a look to the new collection and here I've found the handbag I was really looking for. They have plenty of stock and color in available. I bought two different style.

In this store you will find different brands of handbags. If the color you like didn't stands in the shop you may always ask if they have another color in stock. They have every style and they only shows one color, but if you like in another color, like me, I like the black one , she went go after it

The two women were very friendly and helpful. I can't decide which color I have to take so, I ask their opinion about it and they give me a good advice which color fits for me. I got 10% discount from the original price, I was very glad.

What to buy: Leathers, scarf, gloves

What to pay: from 109 euro and up

The handbag store

• Cyberlinus's Profile Photo

San Marino Stamps

by Cyberlinus Updated Dec 21, 2002

You can buy nice collectors stamps at the San Marino Official stamps and coins shop in the city center.
    Also available at the website:

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

Souvenirs stands: Weapons

by Enzyme_X Written Aug 23, 2005

People of San Marino are proud of their old weapons collection. No wonder that replicas of those weapons are being sold all around San Marino as souvenirs. They come in all shapes and sizes.

San Marino Hotels

• Cesare

Located in the heart of the medieval city, it is the best place for sightseeing you can imagine. It...

• Grand Hotel San Marino

Viale Federico D'Urbino 36 B, San Marino, 47890, s

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Solo

Instant Answers: San Marino

Comments

San Marino Shopping

Reviews and photos of San Marino shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Marino sightseeing.
Map of San Marino