Bratislava Nightlife

Best Rated Nightlife in Bratislava

• acemj's Profile Photo

Crazy man

by acemj Updated Jul 30, 2005

I came to The Dubliner for the decidedly international crowd and quickly started talking with some American soldiers who were stationed in Bratislava. They all said they loved the town (you know, cheap beer and hot women) and didn't want to leave anytime soon.

After a few minutes, this British guy (pictured here) named Richard Wood (hmmmmm???-did he make that up?) claiming to be a journalist pulled up a stool and just sort of joined in. At first, he got the cold shoulder from all the soldiers. At first impression, he was a little strange, but after a few minutes, he began to intrigue everyone and we ended up having a few Zlaty Bazants (the local beer, which translated to English means "Golden Pigeon).

KGB Pub: Student´s Pub

by Vlasta Written Mar 12, 2003

KGB Pub

When I was an university student, KGB Pub was one of my favorites pubs in Bratislava.
    It is place full of the students (because the prices are low). If you don´t mind the high level of music you are welcome!

Dress Code: Nothing special

• School Holidays

Raiders Cafe / Extreme Club: Dancing till morning

by Vlasta Written Mar 13, 2003

The former Bajkal Vinaren (Bajkal wine bar) next to the Holiday Inn was transformed into a huge pleasure complex with two clubs on the ground floor, a restaurant and a billiard club on the first. In the Raiders Cafe, on the right, you can sit in an Oldsmobile or mellow out in the secluded Indian reservation through the tee-pee in the far corner. The DJ is sitting in a galleon and trying hard to make the crowd dance to mainstream disco. Mainstream techno and powerful strobe lights make the kids move in the modern Extreme Club on weekends.
    Raiders Cafe open 12:00 - 03:00, Fri, Sat 12:00 - 06:00. Closed Sun. Extreme Club open Fri, Sat 21:00 - 06:00. Snooker / billiard club open 16:00 - 03:00. Admission Sk 100,-.

Harley - Davidson Pub: Western Style

by Vlasta Updated Mar 13, 2003

The Harley Davidson biker station is far out of the centre next to the municipal cemetery. The biker saloon is the main attraction in this purpose-built western village. There are some five Harley Davidson bikes parked outside. And a sign states that any other bike will be crushed. Dance to good old rock in the boxing ring in the middle of the bar. This is also where the guys are all staring when the female stripper comes on at 23:00 and 02:00 each night. The highlight of the night is the flaming of the bar with lots of zippo lighter fluid which gives the bar its distinctive oily smell. Note the flickering flame of the Slovnaft refinery lighting up the night sky is just across the road. A taxi ride from the centre should set you back Sk 150,-. Admission: men 50 Sk, women 20 Sk.

• Trafo: Best night clubs

by Adrelinda Written Jun 3, 2007

About the good night clubs in Bratislava I can say they aren't so many.
    The best one at the moment is Trafo, its in the center in the Old town.If you plan to go there just do it before 11 pm, afterwards you're gonna stay in a queue for at least half an hour.Charlie club, Laverna and Sparx are still ok, but Cirkus Barok is really awful lately..really dont advise you to go there..bad music and weird people:)
    Have fun!!

• boltonian's Profile Photo

Cikus Barok: Best place?

by boltonian Written Sep 2, 2007

Rock the boat baby

Nightclub on a boat.

Supposed to be the best place to go.

We went twice.

Friday night was too packed, and lots of terrible R&B music.
    Sunday much less busy, but maybe 50% full of gays. Music was much better, more floor fillers.

Drinks are about £1.50, not bad for a club. Entry £1 on Fri, free on Sunday

On the website it looks huge, but it is one of the smallest clubs I have ever been in.

Casino on top floor

Dress Code: Anything goes on Sunday, little more strict on Friday, but jeans and trainers is fine.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Eden Pub

by Ewingjr98 Updated Nov 18, 2006

Mmmm.. the beer list!

Eden Pub was the only true nightlife spot we hit in Bratislava. It is located on Obchodna about 15 minutes walk from the central part of the old town. We stopped here because it was one of the few places that looked busy along this stretch on a Tuesday night. We sat down near the bar and it seemed like all of the customers were college students out having a good time. We had some beers which ranged in price from 27-32 SKK for a wide variety of local brews. We didn't stay too long, however, because the smoke and noise got to us quickly.

• Trains

• acemj's Profile Photo

Various: Friendly locals

by acemj Updated Jun 15, 2005

I met these two girls, Helena and Michele, at a bar on Hviezdoslavovo Square. They spoke a little English and were fun to hang out with for an hour or so. In some places I've been in Eastern Europe, I've found it difficult to get locals to open up, but these two were fun and happy to talk about youthful things . . . music, the party scene, sports, etc.

• Club Duna: Good Clubs

by tacofrogcheese Updated Feb 2, 2005

This place is underground,and frankly smells a bit. The main room blared Duran Duran and also has a screen. The other room towards the back had a live DJ spinning DNB. Thats more of my scene. A lot of women. Cover was maybe 100-150 sk and beers were maybe 20-40 sk for BIG Zlaty Bazant. I was talking with the DJ and his lady and havin fun, it was LOUD and FUN. Then the cops showed up and were IDing everyone. It was still fun. They didnt speak english, to warn you non Slovak speakers.

Dress Code: None

• Jasen71's Profile Photo

The Dubliner: Irish Theme Bar

by Jasen71 Written Feb 27, 2006

Daylight Hours

Being part Irish... I kind of like to sample part of my heritage.
    This bar is just a theme bar of Irish things.. don't get me wrong it was nice enough, but it had a british stag party inside when i arrived.. Apart from the victim being gimped to the bar stool (masking tape and funnel). The bar was nice enough, but I must be getting old when I just finished my pint of the black stuff and departed... To another drinking hole....

Dress Code: Gimp Suit!

• c1503's Profile Photo

Casey: more girls then guys(look at the pic)

by c1503 Written Jan 23, 2005

girls night

This place was pretty good. The night we went thurs and fri. there were more women then guys in the place women seemed to out nuber the guys 2-1.
    get ready to dance this place place plays techno, hip hop and local tunes (didnt understand what was sung but still good music)
    Thurs. night at 2400 they have a full strip show 1 girl dances for maybe 20 minutes jumping on tables getting totally naked (only in europe). After the show then its dance all night for the crowd.
    Drinks, the problem I had was that the beer seemed like they were watered down so I had to drink mug after mug to get a good buzz. suggestion stick with hard liquor. Price dont worry about it go out and have a good time... but if you need to know 40 USD lasted us all night, infact they ran out of beer mugs because they were all on our table.
    The door man...cool, just pay the entrance fee everyone there is out to have a good time.
    Bartenders cool, bar maids very cute. give a good tip, everytime I did the harder my jack and coke were.
    Not many tourist here in the club, we meet a local that took us out where the locals hangout. If you decide to go there it should cost you 200 of the local currency by cab.

Dress Code: whats a dress code?

• Singles

People´s: Cocktail Bar

by Vlasta Updated Jan 22, 2003

Peoples lounge restaurant

The new cocktail bar situated in the heart of Bratislava. Simplicity, luxury and modern style - this is the small description of this very popular bar/restaurant. If you will be lucky you can meet here some of the local VIP.

Greenwich Time Cafe and Cocktail Bar: One of my favourites bars

by Vlasta Written Jan 22, 2003

Greenwich Bar

The interior is tastefully decorated. Dim lighting, pleasant shades, candles and spacious seating create a comfortable atmosphere. Accommodating the suits without alienating everyone else, and effort has clearly been made to foster a warm, inviting environment. The music sometimes is very loud. The service is up to par and the menu, strictly cocktails and caffeine, is extensive.

• Rupanworld's Profile Photo

Discos and pubs: Discos and pubs

by Rupanworld Written Dec 26, 2008

My first experience at Bratislava as I stepped at around 10PM was those of very loud music and lights coming out from a disco nearby. I did not ask the name of it as I was on a different road and did not have a chance to see either. Next thing, as I stepped into my room at the hostel after booking at the reception, I saw a bunch of boys and girls going out to a disco and pub. They invited me too. But I am not really a party girl and I refused with thanks. But my idea during the whole trip was that Bratislava has a very strong and vibrant night life.

• Club Unique: Slovakian absinthe

by ashvsaod Written Oct 19, 2007

Club unique was probably our favorite club while we were there as they had an event called "shut up and dance" on. We were told about it whilst walking the streets of bratislava at night by some friendly slovaks, the music was fantastic the interior of the club was spacey and it was mainly slovakian locals that were in there. The outside of the club was pretty run down but this added to the night i think.

KGB was a great bar for pre-drinks as well before the night had began, the drinks were cheap and the place had statues and busts of stalin and lenin everywhere and it was an ex bomb shelter. overall it was a good time and the absinthe made it better.

Dress Code: No dress requirements, we wore jeans and hoodies.

Instant Answers: Bratislava

Comments

Bratislava Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Bratislava nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bratislava sightseeing.