Bratislava Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bratislava

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Kral Matej: Tried traditional food

by Raimix Updated Dec 15, 2013

After some walking I turned to one restaurant not so far from town hall square. It had many clients, but they looked local, so I decided it is a reasonable and good place. Actually it was true.

I ordered Slovak national food, names as Bryndzove haluski, also Bazant beer (I think this one is the most popular in Slovakia). For all I payed about 11 euros.

The service was fast, actually I came here later the other day for the other beer :)

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Bella Napoli 1: Some pizza for first evening

by Raimix Updated Dec 15, 2013

Pizzeria Bella Napoli was located just nearby my hotel. As I met friend, we imidiatelly put my baggage to room and went out for some food and drink. We have found pizzeria just nearby.

It is simple, good pizzeria with some places outside as well. I ordered a medium pizza with ham and 0,5L Slovakian beer (can't remember the name). It was around 7 euros for everything, still quite affordable.

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Restaurant Leberfinger: Dining by the Danube

by grayfo Updated Jun 1, 2013

The restaurant Leberfinger is one of Bratislava’s top Slovak restaurants and is well known for its cuisine based on traditional Pressburg specialties.

The building has had a chequered history and was originally an inn that was even visited by Napoleon before battling the Austrians. In the 1950’s the building became run down and after being destroyed by fire in 1992 was rebuilt in 1996-1998 by the Civic Association of the WEST Theatre.

Monday to Friday: 10.00 am to 121.00 pm

Ice cream 99.00 Sk

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Slovenska restuarant: Slovenska restuarant

by littlebush Written Jan 6, 2013

This very small restaurant is located in the centre in the old part.
    Its very small and you could easily miss it but its a cute little place with local food and decent enough prices.
    It has just 4 tables on the ground floor but has more upstairs.
    We had 2 mains, a pint of local draft beer and a mulled wine for 28 euros. Food was pretty large and the guy serving although broken english was friendly.

• leics's Profile Photo

The Slovak Pub: Classic....

by leics Updated Nov 4, 2012

Slovak Pub

Yes, I know this place has been around for ages and it's a 'classic' Bratislavan place to eat for visitors. But even so it is most *definitely* worth at least one visit.

It's a superb place, imo. It's been very cleverly created, with each of its rooms (at least 8, I think) having a different theme from Slovak history. One of them is actually a 200-year-old house from the Liptov region which was taken apart and reconstructed inside the pub.

The menu is extensive and very reasonably-priced (student prices means it's very, very popular with Bratislava's many students). Everything from steaks to 'things to eat with beer' to lots of Slovak standards ..including excellent halusky, I was told...and some vegetarian options too. You can download the food and beverage list from the pub website.

I visited early on a Wednesday night: the place was already busy and buzzing, mostly with younger people although I did not feel particularly out of place (I am by no means young). I managed to find a table in 'The Terrace', which portrays the pagan era of Slovakia: a huge painting of the first king and smaller paintings of others (plus wooden 'stockades').

I ordered a dark Krusovice (a Czech beer) with a 'Farmer's Plate (ham, sausage, bacon, smoked cheese) and a tomato salad. Both dishes were excellent and the home-made bread which accompanied them was superb.

I treated myself to another dark Krusovice and a home-made strudel, which was also excellent.

The bill for all that? Just 11.30 euro.

Service was courteous and helpful, with good English spoken (most young Bratislavans speak at least adequate English, in my experience).

This isn't an upmarket experience but if you want excellent and reasonably-priced beer and food in a convivial atmosphere, the Slovak Pub is definitely the place to go.

I think it would be a good idea to reserve a table in advance if there are several of you and/or if you are visiting at weekends. The place was very busy on a late October Wednesday so goodness knows what it's like on a Friday or Saturday!

Open 1000 to 0000 every day except Friday and Saturday, when it closes at 0200.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• leics's Profile Photo

Bratislava Flagship Restaurant: A new(ish) classic.....

by leics Written Oct 30, 2012

Restaurant entrance

I first came across this place when I was exploring places to eat in Bratislava online. It looked interesting, but I rarely seek out specific places.

Then I came across its entrance when I was wandering, and eating there seemed meant to be.

I went into the entrance, and opened the door...and found myself in what seemed to be a rather gloomy corridor, lined with odd artefacts and paintings. Alittle disconcerting, perhaps, but I pressed onwards and came into the bar area...tweeting birds in cages, old furniture, objets trouves and 'antique' bits & pieces all over the place. I didn't even bother to go upstairs (there is a very large room on the second floor): this place suited me down to the ground! So much so I ended up eating there twice.

The first time I was tired, and not very hungry. So I ordered a small Zlaty Bazant (a light-golden Slovak beer, which in my head I kept calling 'Slartibartfast'...no idea why!) and 'something with beer'...in my case, paprika sheep's cheese (the owners have their own organic sheep farm) with home-made bread. It was absolutely superb, very filling and very reasonably-priced ( paid less than 6 euro for the lot).

The second time I visited I was a bit hungrier, and so decided on the Czech (horrors!) staple of roast pork, cabbage and dumpling. I've had this before, in the Czech Republic...but I have never had anything as god as this: the pork melted in the mouth, the 'bread dumpling' slices were light and airy and the cabbage...made to a family recipe, I was told...was absolutely wonderful. With another Zlaty Bazant, this cost less than 9 euro.

It was only when I saw a brochure for the 'Slovak Pub' on the table, and asked the barman/waiter, that I realised this was a new versions of that old favourite. The Bratislava Flagship has been open for about 3 years and is a bit more of a 'restaurant' than the Slovak pub..but even so it was busy with people on both Monday and Tuesday nights, and the vast majority of those people were in their 20s.

If I'd been in Bratislava longer I'd have tried even more of their menu. The home-made bread alone makes it worth eating there.

A superb place in terms of ambience as well as food...make sure you try it at least once!

• Seniors
    • Singles

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Cafe-Restaurant U Filipia

by Ewingjr98 Updated Oct 13, 2012

Oh the Zlaty

For dinner our first night we stopped at U Filipia, a nice, but touristy restaurant in the heart of the Old Town. We had chicken breast dressed in herbs (thyme, basil, pepper) covered with fried bacon and baby carrot for 229 SKK and pork fillet medallions with artichokes and olives for 269 SKK. We also had sides of fried potatoes (35 SKK), potato dumplings (60 SKK), a few of my favorite Zlaty Bazant beers (50 SKK each) with the house wine (52 SKK each). Out total bill for this ample and tasty meal was a reasonable 745 SKK (24.50 USD).

This restaurant is very nice with traditional food, but it is in the tourist area, so expect to sit near Americans and other English speakers. We sat a few tables away from an American group from Long Island, New York, and her loud voice and unusual accent was almost enough to drive us out of the place. Luckily they were just finishing up as we were getting our meals. In America this wouldn't have bothered me, but after a week or two in Europe, you kind of get used to quieter conversation in nice restaurants.

• Trains

• planxty's Profile Photo

Staroslovenska Krcma: traditional and atmospheric.

by planxty Updated Jun 28, 2012

Staroslovenska Krcma restaurant, Bratislava.

I believe the name of this retaurant translates as Old Slovak bar and the ambiance in this cellar establishment certainly appears to be very traditional. Our waiter told us it was actually on old dungeon, and the ancient well is still visible. Tapestries, mismatched chairs and assorted nick-nacks make it a pleasant place to dine.

In summer, I believe al fresco dining in the courtyard is a popular pastime.

Service was good but not overpowering and the food was very good washed down with a couple of local Zlaty Bezant (Golden Pheasant) beers.

The Old Slovak style chicken soup makes a lovely starter but be warned, it is extremely filling!

Given it's very central location I suppose it's not entirely surprising, but this was the most expensive place we ate with the bill for two coming to 1407 SKK which is about 26 pounds sterling or 51USD.

The second photo shows you the distinctive sign to look out for in the street.

Favorite Dish: My main course called Čertov oheň was excellent. It is small pieces of pork cooked in a mushroom, horseradish and cream sauce and served with croquette potatoes. Absolutely delicious.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Slovak Pub: Number 23 in Lonely Planets list

by akkipaa Written Apr 21, 2012

I don't know how important it is to be in Lonely Planets list, but they say in web pages that the pub is no 23 in the list. If you like Czech or Slovakian beer, this is definitely the town and the place to enjoy one pint of those.

Opening hours
    Mon - Thu 10:00 - 00:00
    Fri - Sat 10:00 - 02:00
    Sun 12:00 - 00:00

The picture is only add, but it's a nice one, I think.

Favorite Dish: Try Krusovice or Zlaty Basant tmavy, it is the dark one. The prices might still be lower before 18:00.

• Beer Tasting

• muratkorman's Profile Photo

Zichy: Enjoying food in Old Town

by muratkorman Written Oct 14, 2011

Zichy is one of the many restaurants located in the old town. As we were becoming tired and hungry, Zichy seemed to be a good option. Although I was satisfied with the portions and the taste, I found this restaurant a bit expensive. The food and the service was excellent. And it helped us get some more energy to complete our Bratislava tour. We sat outside to watch the people stroll, but there is also a large dining hall which can accomodate large groups.

Favorite Dish: I liked the skewers I ordered and the deer steak my wife tried tasted great too...

• Twenties: Nice food, watch your change and check the bill

by conorblonde Written May 3, 2011

Nice chic surroundings on a small street in the old town. The food is good, nothing new, exciting or exceptional but not bad.

But CHECK your BILL, I was charged twice for a single glass of wine and the barmaid refused to return my change even when asked.

Favorite Dish: The mixed vegetables main course is good

• Castles and Palaces

• U PIONIERA CAFE BAR: Nice retro cafe

by evaromina Written Apr 5, 2011

In the hostel they gave me recommendation to go for the breakfast to this coffee house. The place is very nice and close to the historical centre. They have decorations from the socialistic era in Czechoslovakia. Old toys, pictures and equipment. I missed any information in english, but staff was very helpful so it was interesting for me anyway.

Favorite Dish: I had american coffee and 2 pieces of slovak pastry called "rozok" or "rohlik" with ham and vegetables and it seems to be kind of baguette in Slovakia. It was nice and all whole breakfast for 2,80€ :)

• Museum Visits

• imran8852's Profile Photo

Sultan Restaurant: Traditional Halal Arabic Restaurant

by imran8852 Updated Apr 4, 2011

We had some amazing food.

After getting some info from Leics; A member of VT, We went to check out a restaurant. A traditional halal Arabic restaurant with ambience from the middle-east, Equipped with good facilities and the restaurant is also divided into smoking and non-smoking corner. A very cosy place to have your lunch/dinner with family or loved ones while having a nice holiday in Bratislava!

Favorite Dish: Biriani Dajaj, Biriani Lahm & Kabsah Lahm.

• Luxury Travel
    • School Holidays

• caribics: Fish!!! Very good Fish

by zymosis Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Food was excellent, but beware this is for local people a Upper Class Resto!!! Personally i have nothing more to add than this, the price reflects te quality of the food, very tasty and good service!!!!

• Business Travel

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

caribic's: fish and seafood

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

the fat oysters

Famous all over town for its seafood... located under the castle but not in the touristic part of town, so it's quite difficult to find (you have to walk through a dark parking lot to reach it). The restaurant is beautifully decorated and large, with non-smoking areas, too.

Favorite Dish: The speciality is seafood and fish - but it's also possible to find other delicacies suchas game. My fish soup that was heavenly - my husband's oysters definitely extra-large. All starters were excellent, main dishes ok but far fromwonderful. King praws were definitely overpriced.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Bratislava

Comments

Bratislava Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bratislava restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bratislava sightseeing.