Bratislava Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bratislava

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

lebowski

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

It took us a while to choose this restaurant... simply because - although good and nice-looking, it's very much in the same line as the others in this part of town. At the end we chose it because it was the only one that had some fruits on the menu.

Favorite Dish: We came for the fruits and had strawberries with mascarpone cream... very few strawberries and very muhc mascarpone.. nto exactly what we wanted but still better than the other restaurants and cafes we had tried, which had absolutely no fruits... The pasta dishes - which we did not have - looked ok

• Mubu's Profile Photo

Reštaurácia Veža - Kamzík TV tower: A well kept secret

by Mubu Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant is located in the TV-tower which is on a hill in the Kamzik area a little bit out of town. Even though you might need a taxi to reach it it´s definitely worthwile! It is a revolving restaurant with amazing views and good and cheap slovak food. The views are definitely much better than the UFO-restaurant down town can offer, as this restaurant is much higher.

Favorite Dish: Pressburg knapsack, a chicken filé fried in dough with niva blue cheese. Traditional dish and the cheese is delicious!

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

U FILIPA Cafe Restaurant: Meal in a charming courtyard

by gosiaPL Updated Apr 4, 2011

U Filipa arcades

I had salmon in dill sauce and, of course, the Zlaty bazant beer. Everything tasted good but I can't remember how much I paid (but it was less than $10), I only kept the restaurant's business card. And it was a pleasure to have the lunch in the lovely courtyard with so many interesting details and even a gallery shop. One downside: the service was rather on the slow side but otherwise pleasant.

• Architecture

• Slovenska restauracia - Slovrest: Another piece of Slovak traditions

by macicka Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant offers tastefully Slovak draught wines from region Modra, selection of Tokai wines, draught beer "Golden pheasant" and other typical Slovak brandies. You can enjoy evening in nice atmosphere with piano music.
    Opening time is from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm.

• Vlasta's Profile Photo

El Diablo: Excellent Mexican Cuisine

by Vlasta Updated Apr 4, 2011

El Diablo Restaurant

This restaurant offers very good selection of mexican dishes. I like especially the hot salads with chicken and walnuts.
    In the summer there is very lovely summer terrace.

* picture - www.eldiablo.sk

• Kaspian's Profile Photo

Cajovna Pohoda: Cajovna Pohoda

by Kaspian Updated Mar 30, 2011

Cajovna Pohoda (2010)

Well, that was fun! Members of my travel group have just left on their way back to Vienna and I'm now sitting here happily in this warm, little coffee shop writing postcards to friends and family back home while a torrential downpour rages outside. Delicious smells of cakes, sandwiches, coffee, hot chocolate, and exotic teas fill the air inside as I sip and savour my third pint of Bernard Beer--a really nice Czech pilsner. I wish I could get this type of draught where I live. There are some good imitations, but nothing in the world comes close to the smooth way beer tastes in this part of world.
    Earlier in the day my group had been walking around Bratislava's Old Town. The tour organizer, Micheal, gave us an hour of free time so we could wander on our own and take pictures. As I'd already done lots of photo-taking around here early this morning, I decided to sit down, relax, and have a drink to cool off. The green umbrellas on the patio at Cajovna Pohoda appeared inviting and it looked like a fantastic place to people watch. I could also keep a close eye on our meet-up spot on the corner. I ordered a beer, lit a cigarette, and one by one the members of the gang slowly joined me--Viorel first, then Karl, Chris, Micheal, Andreea, Isabelle, until all 11 of us were there. I've often found that when our travel group appears places unannounced the wait staff can easily get flustered and frustrated by both the number of people and the different accents of our nationalities. But here they seemed friendly, accommodating, and the prices were very good. I vowed to return later in the day.
    Another long walk around Bratislava town, over the bridge to the UFO restaurant and back, Micheal asks our crew, "I think maybe we should have a tea or coffee somewhere before we get the ferry back to Vienna? I'm not sure where though..." I suggest, "That place we were at earlier seemed alright and they had coffee." To my surprise he wholeheartedly agrees with me, "That's a good idea, let's go!," and he sets off at his quick pace--a speed which the rest of us have a little trouble keeping up to. For a big man, he's very light on his feet!
    On our second visit in the same afternoon, the staff at Cajovna Pohoda is just as pleasant. We sit ourselves at a long wood-topped table at the back of the room and order coffee, beers, and some try sandwiches. It's a cozy atmosphere on a rainy day.
    Sadly, time presses on and my friends have a ferry to catch. I see them off with handshakes and hugs, promising we'll meet again--some of us will be in Krakow together in just a day's time. I arrange my postcards, stamps, and mail address list on a smaller table in the restaurant, order another pint of Bernard and set into writing correspondence.
    I found out later that there is no real translation of the word, "pahoda" into English but "Cajovna Pohoda" basically means "cool/pleasant tearoom". ...And that it is, indeed!

• mallyak's Profile Photo

Govinda's: Indian vegetarian !

by mallyak Written Dec 21, 2010

Vegetarian Restaurant Govinda in Bratislava is located in the centre of the city.
    Vegetarian Restaurant Govinda Bratislava offers wide selection of vegetarian foods, salads, Oriental sweets and healthy drinks.
    Try the Thali-reasonably priced..Allmost authentic Indian!

Favorite Dish: Thali Plate-nourishing-filling and unlimited!

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo

Slovak pub.: Eat traditional food here.

by Dizzyhead Updated Aug 7, 2010

If you want to eat traditional homemade Slovakian food you visit this place. it is a very huge place with many rooms and can have total capacity of 700 persons. That isa lot and the beer here is also very good. The waitresses are dressed in traditional clothes and the athmosphere is really nice. During the day many Slovakian students sit here and study and also have a beer. Amazing, beer and studies. I really like that idea.

Favorite Dish: I dont rememeber what I ate, but there were so many delicious things I tried here. I just ate what they served. I never complained at all on the food and NOT on the beer either.

• Beer Tasting

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

The Slovak Pub: Great food at reasonable prices

by Roadquill Updated Jul 28, 2010

Globtrot insisted we eat at this place on the recommendation of a local VTr. Half pub and half restaurant, we were able to get a tasty meal and local brew for around 6 euro. For about 2 euros they were offering local Slovakian sheep cheese. Out came a mound of salty, but tasty, cheese piled high on a dinner plate. Enough to pass around the table several times. While we just went in for lunch, the pub half seemed quite lively for lunch time.

• Photography

• UFO restaurant: Over expensive but a good view point

by orcacarter Written Jun 29, 2010

This restaurant is at the top of tower on a bridge over the Danube. It can be seen from all over Bratislava. The tower itself is worth going (6.5 euros) but the restaurant is really expensive, starters from 13 euros for soup and upwards. We asked for the wine list and the cheapest bottle I could see was 46 euros! The service was over fussy. I would not recommend it.

Le Monde: Lunch specials 8.25 euros

by dustmon Written Jun 28, 2010

the world cafe

Le Monde's lunch specials are an incredible deal. 3 courses usually starting with soup, then a special entree such as linguini with seafood, or spicy chicken with potatos, and ending with cheese cake or sorbet all for about $10 plus drink at a classic local restaurant in the old city.

Favorite Dish: goulash soup

• School Holidays

• Slovak Pub Bratislava: Excellent value

by orcacarter Updated Jun 28, 2010

We arrived late in Bratislava and most of the restaurants seem to close at 10 pm. WE had read about this pub and as it was still open, closes at midnight. We ddecided to try it. Firstly do not be put off by the entrance which is quite small, it's massive inside. There is a cocktail bar in the cellar but the main bar is upstairs where the rooms are furnished in various Slovak styles. The menu is huge and the food excellent and very good value. Drink is cheap as well. The staff are really helpful and the ones we dealt with spoke good English. Well worth a visit

Favorite Dish: Any of the local dumpling dishes with bacon

Restauracia Presburg: Old style cafe

by dustmon Written Jun 27, 2010

Presburg Cafe

This is a local place in Old Town with a nice terrace for outside eating and they have Pilsner Urquel on tap, one of my faves! A mix of Austrian, and Czech dishes along with some Slovak as well. Presburg comes from one of the old names of the city of Bratislava.

Favorite Dish: Pilsner Urquel beer

• Beer Tasting

Cafe Mayer: Cafe on the main square

by dustmon Written Jun 23, 2010
    Cafe Mayer on the Square

This is a great place to stop for a coffee or a meal...most everyone there was eating breakfast, but we just stopped for coffee and a rest from walking the old town. This is right on the corner of the main square with umbrella-covered tables with comfortable chairs. We had cappuchinos and cokes and had a nice sit for 15-20 minutes watching the school-aged children playing around the famous fountain in front of us, and the tourist booths selling all sorts of handmade, craftsy things.

Favorite Dish: Coffee with a view!

• chrisosull13's Profile Photo

Pizza Mizza: Great food and service

by chrisosull13 Updated Aug 13, 2009

We have eaten at this place in Dubravka many times now as I have moved here with my family. No only is the service fantastic the food is too, service is quick and friendly always.

Favorite Dish: We love the picante pizza little hot but okay for people who like a little spice.

Instant Answers: Bratislava

Comments

Bratislava Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bratislava restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bratislava sightseeing.