Kosice Restaurants

• Cafe Pizzeria Modena: Caprese Pizza (24 cm)
    Cafe Pizzeria Modena: Caprese Pizza (24...
    Cafe Pizzeria Modena: Kozel beer
    Pizzeria Mamma Mia: Pasta dish

Most Recent Restaurants in Kosice

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Madraska Restauracia!: Hungarian Restaurant!

by lmkluque Updated Oct 14, 2013

This Looked Interesting At The Time.

This was the second restaurant we came across and it was very near Bufet Hamburger, maybe a "Restaurant Row" type street of that time. The the menu was displayed in the window and looked interesting. I wouldn't have known the difference between Hungarian food and Slovak food at that time anyway.

Since I've worked in restaurants much of my life I wanted to go in, but we didn't have the time. When later I did eat at a restaurant, the service was slow, and surly. The food was not delicious and there was a bug in the drink and a hair in the meal.

Favorite Dish: Even if I had eaten here, the comments I would have made would be outdated by now, since my visit was before the "Velvet Revolution" and things have changed since then.

• School Holidays

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

BUFET HAMBURGER: A Novel Idea!

by lmkluque Updated Apr 29, 2012

Hamburger? or Ham Burger?

Today, there are many more restaurants in Kosice than there were on my visit. In fact this was the first I saw.

Naturally, believing that "hamburgers," as depicted on the window of the restaurant, were predominately an American creation,--yes, I know that "Steak Tartare," Hamburg Steak and other forms of chopped beef have been around since before Genghis Khan's grandson, invaded Moscow, but I'm speaking of the ground beef patty in a bun, which is American--something from such an unpopular country would be sold in one of the few public eating places in the town, I was surprised to see them being sold.

However, it was of greater interest to me that in this place a hamburger was actually made of HAM. What a concept!

Favorite Dish: Hamburger, of course!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Cafe Pizzeria Modena

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cafe Pizzeria Modena: Caprese Pizza (24 cm)

On our first afternoon in Kosice we were starving and wanted a little lunch snack.

We decided to check out one of the many nice restaurants and cafes at Kosice's Central Square (Hlavne Namestie) as all of them had nice outdoor terraces which face the main sights.

We chose the Cafe Pizzeria Modena due to its proximity to the St. Elisabeth Cathedral.

The interior of the restaurant is kept quite simple, but of course we took a seat on the comfy chairs on the outdoor terrace to enjoy the views and do some people watching.

The menu offers a wide variety of pizzas, which come in two sizes: 24 cm and 32 cm. Several other Italian dishes are available as well.

I decided to go for the small version of the Caprese Pizza, which was covered with ham, cheese, tomatos and basil. To drink I ordered a big glass of Czech Kozel beer which came fresh from the tap.

The pizza and the beer were tasty and with 82 SKK for the pizza and 28 SKK for the beer reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and helpful and were even happy to speak some English.

• Trains

• Mediterran: Best food in Kosice with best wine offer

by marchesi Updated Apr 4, 2011

Very good food , mediterranean cuisine and delicious pizza from wood owen. Perfect service and unique wide selection of world top wines

Favorite Dish: There was more but steak was really good and also , grilled meat , pasta and tiramisu was excellent

• Mediterran: Best food in Kosice with best wine offer

by marchesi Updated Apr 4, 2011

• Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Med Malina: Great food and great service

by joannemaz Written Jun 27, 2010

As a resident of Kosice, I've eaten in a lot of local restaurants. I found Med Malina to have great service, a great atmosphere, great value for money and great food. The daily menu (Monday to Friday) has a choice of two soups and a main course for around €3.65. My husband and I ordered different soups - I had savoy cabbage soup and my husband had chicken soup with pasta. Both were homemade (with homemade pasta) and very tasty. For main course, we both had chicken wrapped in a potato pancake with potatoes and side salad. Everything was hot, obviously not reheated, and absolutely delicious - such a difference from a lot of restaurants serving lunch menus. The restaurant was also very popular. Every table was full and everybody appeared to tuck in with gusto.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant. Oh, and if you want a glass of wine, order the Muskat, it's superb!

Favorite Dish: We had two dishes each and both were excellent. I can only assume that the rest of the menu is equally good...I'll certainly be going there again next time I want to eat out for lunch!

• mingul's Profile Photo

Pension Slovakia: A very nice place

by mingul Updated Aug 4, 2009

Pension Slovakia is probably one of the best bets in Kosice. Unfortunately we did not find rooms for accomodation but we went there to have lunch and everything that we ordered was very tasty. Wireless Internet is available for free in this location and it works very well.

Favorite Dish: I can reccomend the goulash soup and the chicken showarma which is served with some excellent dip sauces.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Mamma Mia

by HORSCHECK Updated Apr 12, 2008

Outdoor terrace of Pizzeria Mamma Mia

On our last evening in Kosice we only wanted to have a quick dinner somewhere near our accomodation.

It was already relatively late, especially when taking into consideration that our train to Lviv in the Ukraine was leaving at 7:20 h the next morning.

We sat down on the outdoor terrace of one of the touristy restaurants around the Central Square (Hlavne Namestie).

It was Pizzeria Mamma Mia, which offers all sorts of Italian dishes on their laminated menu. I opted for a pasta dish and ordered a Zlaty Bazaant beer.

The service was very slow and my dish was a sort of instant meal, therefore I was a bit disappointed. I can't really recommend this place.

• Trains

• Burekas- cafe. pastry. salaty: the best coffee in kosice !

by shcshc Written Feb 8, 2008

Salty & sweet puff pastry.

Fresh salades (greek salad, village salad and more)

Hummus served with hot pita bread

THE BEST COFFEE IN THE CITY !

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish well I didn't decided between meat "Burekas" with fresh salad or spinach "Burekas" with salad they are bout great.
    So who like meat burekas it's un resistible
    and who is vegetarian so defiantly the spinach burekas

• Desert
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Business Travel

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Rosto Steak House: Excellent steaks!!

by kit_mc Updated May 5, 2005

Stunned by steak...

This place produced one of the best value meals I'd eaten in a long time. Vegetarians are catered for, but if you're a lover of steak, and I am, then this place really is the bees knees!

The restaurant had only opened the month before and they didn't take credit card yet (quick race back to nearest ATM). It's perhaps a little more expensive than some of the other places, but it's sooooo worth it!

The whole ambience in this place was relaxed, really well decorated in a kind of arty nouveau Texan feel, with leafless trees inside from which hung lamps in gourds.

Somehow they managed to play Eurotechno music which remained unobtrusive so I was in heaven!

Favorite Dish: We ate here both nights in Kosice which is a real indication of how much we liked it. I just wasn't prepared to eat at a restaurant on our last night in Slovakia where the food and service might not have been as good as this.

Prices from 109 crowns for a smaller meal all the way to 3605 crowns for the Big Rosto - and that is definitely the one I'd recommend. 800g of meat!!

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Kaviaren Slavia: Cafe in communist chic?

by kit_mc Written May 2, 2005

Kaviaren Slavia

I wanted to have a coffee in here just to sit around in what for me would be called Communist Chic. Everything about the huge interior was a little dated, but it was worth the price of a latte.

Very large selection of coffees and teas. They do food as well, but I'm not so sure I'd recommend it.

Just worth visiting for the pretentious factor!

• coceng's Profile Photo

Along The Hlavna...

by coceng Updated May 27, 2004

Sit down & have something in Kosice

Inside the Old Town which resembles an oval-shaped area, with a wide street running from the north to the south.
    This is Hlavna or Main Street.
    On the left & right of Hlavna, you could find many options to eat & drink.
    There's even a Supermarket at the TESCO Departmental Store along the Hlavna.

• Mr_Furious's Profile Photo

Self-service Cafetaria inside the train station: Tasty Goulash

by Mr_Furious Written Oct 31, 2003
    kosice

A not so cozy self-service cafetaria inside the train station serves small microwaved dishes. Tasty and cheap, a great way to blend with the locals

Favorite Dish: Segedenski Goulash, microwaved and served on a plastic plate with a slice of bread for a mere 51Sk. (1.3€).

• Ajvega: Make sure you try the Borscht

by Nitka Written Aug 26, 2003

Ajvega is located on a back street near the town center. The upper floor has an outside deck which is well shaded at any time of day. It also commands an amazing view of the city roof tops and various turrets etc. The food is vegetarian.

Favorite Dish: The Arabsky Chlieb "Arabic Bread" is excellent. Though picking out just a few items on the menu can be difficult it is worth the trouble

• Eco-Tourism
    • Study Abroad

• Again, there are many little...

by StretfordEnd Written Sep 8, 2002

Again, there are many little cafe type eateries, serving mostly local cuisine. For those of you hankering for a more Western taste, the Pizza parlour underneath Tesco's supermarket on the main street is quality.

Instant Answers: Kosice

Comments

Kosice Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kosice restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kosice sightseeing.