Levoca Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Levoca

• hdv63's Profile Photo

Restauracia Slovenka: Pretty place at the square

by hdv63 Updated Jun 14, 2009

A pretty place in the centre of Levoca. On a hot summer day you can also enjoy grill food in the garden at the backside. Friendly staff, many local visitors as well as foreign tourist.

Favorite Dish: We had several meals at this place. Steak and pasta were excellent and so are beer and red wine !

• Hiking and Walking

• hdv63's Profile Photo

U Janusa: Levoca's best restaurant

by hdv63 Written Aug 10, 2008

Restaurant U Janusa

This restaurant is situated in a histoorical building just outside the square. So leave the square and enjoy your meal at U Janusa. When the weahter is fine you can also eat in the beautiful garden.
    There si also a hostel where you can sleep.

Favorite Dish: We had several dinners during our stay in Levoca, they were all excellent. Highly recommended !!!

• Hiking and Walking

• Avoid this place: Barbakan

by krakhall Written Mar 27, 2008

I was suckered into this hotel restaurant by the enticing menu posted out in front of the hotel..
    I had my suspicions but went a head anyway because the steak menu looked good... supposedly imported beef from Argentina.... While they had great pictures of new York strip steak and rib eyes these are not actually served.. Even though I asked several times if these would be the steaks we would get .. Instead my wife and I got tiny fillets.. Mine was OK but my wife's was as a tough as a boot... The salads were laughable as well...wilted and retched..
    The desert crepes were the worst i have EVER eaten.. the only saving grave is the white wine which can be ordered by the liter and the friendly service... The hotel is pretty nice though...

Restaurant in Hotel Barbakan

by barryg23 Updated Jul 23, 2007

Hotel Barbakan has a nice, good-value restaurant offering typical Slovakian dishes. Our meal here was one of the nicest of the trip, and the only drawback of this restaurant was it was empty (other than us) by 8.30. A huge tour group had been in from 7 to 8 so we had to wait for them to finsih and by the time they had gone we were the only guests in the hotel who hadn't eaten.

We had a table in the winter garden witha good view of the famous church up on the hill, overlooking Levoca. We both tried the local Zlaty bavant beer and as the prices were so good and we were both very hungry we went for 3 courses. I had minestrone soup, followed by pork with mushrooms and sauerkraut and potatoes while Ruth had garlic soup and a delicious venison goulash. The pork was excellent - best I had had thus far in Solvakia - and I really enjoyed the meal. Zlaty Bazant is a good beer and it wasn't long until I had a second one.

Desserts were excellent. Ruth went for panckaes while i had roasted pineapple with strawberries, cream and chocolate. Delicious!!

Pizzeria

by barryg23 Written Sep 6, 2006

Pizzeria

Aftger five days eating days eating Polish and Slovak food we needed a change, so, after arriving in Levoca, we had a choice of restaurants, both rather unimaginatively named - Vegetarian and Pizzeria. We chose Pizzeria and for 130 Sk I got a Hawaii while Ruth had a Diavalo pizza for 159. The menu inside was all in Slovak while the only English menu we could find was outside the restaurant so we had to keep going outside to check it before we ordered as we had no idea what toppings were on some of the pizzas. Pizza was the only main course on offer, though there were some nice looking desserts as well. Naturally there was a good beer selection. After seeing a guy carting a keg of beer up the Tatras I now understand how much Slovak's appreciate their beer. I wouldn't be surprised if they served it in church. Overall, I liked this restaurant and it's a good option, especially if you want a break from Slovakian food.

by barryg23 Written Sep 6, 2006

Restaurant U Troch Apostolov

After finally returning from 11 hours hiking in Slovensky Raj, we were exhausted and ready to sleep. We went straight to our hotel, fired on some clean clothes and made the effort to walk to the restaurant. It would have been so much easier to eat in our hotel but we were determined to try somewhere new and, more importantly, this restaurnat had been recommended to me by VTer Evaanna.

We ordered drinks before we sat down and I almost gulped down a Zlaty Bazant in one go. Never had I felt i had deserved a beer so much. I had spis sausages with mustard for starter while Ruth had garlic soup. It was a nice restaurant and a bit busier that our hotel last night. i think the name of the restuarant translates as "Restaurant of the 12 apostles" and there were pictures and statues of the apostles and other religious scenes. Not what we'd normally expect to see in a restaurant but nevermind. For mains I had beef stroganoff and chips while Ruth had sirlion steak. The food was good, the beers good as always in Slovakia and our waiter was very friendly.

• kit_mc's Profile Photo

Hotel Arkada Restaurant: Best option in Levoca

by kit_mc Updated Jan 8, 2005

Hotel Arkada

After strolling several times round the main square, we settled on this place. It looked a little more expensive, but bearing in mind most of the other places didn't have a menu/prices visible, this seemed the safest bet.

The food was nice enough, the service was excellent and made more interesting by the first really handsome waiter we'd seen in our travels - salt and pepper hair, tall, hmm!!

And they played albums by Alizee all night! Now how can you not be happy with that!!

Favorite Dish: BBQ meat dishes seemed the best choice, I had a kebab style thing on a skewer, Boyf had some pork and chicken in a pancake.

This place made an excellent Irish Coffee. But when will Slovakia learn - you've GOT to put sugar into an Irish coffee! It's not a choice, there's no avoiding it!!

Instant Answers: Levoca

Comments

Levoca Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Levoca restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Levoca sightseeing.