Nitra Travel Guide

• Nitra
    by wojsyl

Nitra Things to Do

by marekg Updated Dec 5, 2002

closely related to the castle´s history and architecture. Here you can find most of Nitra´s sights: Corgon´s statue, Nitrianska galeria(gallery of Nitra on Zupne namestie), Ponitrianske muzeum (museum of Ponitrie region on Stefanikova st.)

by marekg Updated Dec 5, 2002

not castle in word´s full meaning, but...
    middle age castle from which just a part of wall and bishop's cathedral have been saved. You can visit roman style st.Emeramus church what's the core of grandious gothic cathedral. Inside it, there's a chapel from 9th-10th century . Nice view over town

• Nitra Hotels

5 Hotels in Nitra

Nitra Hotels

• Zlaty Klucik

I have been many times in Zlaty Klucik (since 1996). At the OLD times the hotel was someting...as...

• Hotel Alexanders

Good for: Solo

Nitra Restaurants

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

by aukjejetty Updated Jan 17, 2004

I went to a few great beergardens. I surely recommened everyone to go there if the weather is nice. Everyone sits at large, long tables and there is some music and a nice atmosphere. And if you go, you also need to buy a pretzel to make your experience complete.

Update (2004); my friend told me the best beergarden in Nitra is gone, and what is left is not that good. Who knows by the time you go there might be a new one...things are changing in this city.

Favorite Dish: A lager and a pretzel!

• Beer Tasting

Nitra Transportation

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

by aukjejetty Updated Jan 17, 2004

Most travelers will arrive in Bratislava when they enter Slovakia, best way to travel to Nitra is by bus, and it is also very cheap (less than €3). I tried to go by train one time it took me three times as long as the time the bus takes to get there.

Around the city I prefer walking, but if you have access to a bike, I think that is a good transportation too.

by marekg Updated Dec 5, 2002

take bus, that's the best way how to get here. There're also train connections but
    bus links are more frequent and of wide range; intl links to Prague,Vienna,Rome, Budapest, Mukacevo, Mannheim.. are available too

• billus's Profile Photo

by billus Written Aug 24, 2002

After a busy morning at work, there's nothing like a quick, refreshing cat-nap to lift your spirits!

Nitra Favorites

• bean's Profile Photo

by bean Written Aug 24, 2002

Fondest memory: Arriving by bus in Jelenec. A man pointed at our backpacks: we must be looking for the campsite. That's about 2km walk from the busstop, along the street where the man was living in. My girlfriend had to out her backpack on the small bike of the man and we walked. He was speaking no other language than Slovakian, we just spoke a few words of that language. So I asked if there was a shop in the village. 'Yes, but it was closed by now. Did we need anything?' Not really apart from some vegetables. 'Well, come over to my place' and we were given tomatoes, paprika and apples. We sat down on his veranda, which all of the houses here have along side, drank a little bit and continued our walk after thanking the man over and over again. It started to rain slightly, but nothing would be able to ruin this day anymore!

Instant Answers: Nitra

Comments

Nitra Travel Guide
Map of Nitra