Oravsky Podzamok Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Oravsky Podzamok

Paid parking lot

by matcrazy1 Updated Dec 19, 2003

PARKING  PRICE  LIST

It gave me some inconvenience to take this picture - read more in my Warning Or Danger tip.
    Never mind, you must pay for something which is called parking lot (Parkovisko) but in real it's neglected asphalt square with no lanes painted where cars and tour buses parked.

How much was it?
    - bus 150 Sk
    You could buy:
    36.3 Sk for $1
    42.9 Sk for 1 Euro
    9.47 Sk for 1 Polish zloty.

Where was the parking lot?
    I got to Oravsky Podzamok by my car from Sopotnia Wielka, Poland. I crossed the border in Korbielow - Oravska Polhora and I drove Slovak Highway 521 to its end when I turned right to Highway 59 (E77: Krakow, Poland - Budapest, Hungary) - direction Dolny Kubin, Banska Bystrica. Maybe half a kilometer or mile away I saw the castle hill on my left and I turned left towards the castle. Then I followed the direction signs to "Parkovisko". So, at the end that is after maybe 100 m (yards) I turned right (street to the castle was to the left - no entry without special permission) and again right.

• Castles and Palaces

By tour bus

by matcrazy1 Updated Dec 18, 2003

TOUR  BUS

We noticed a few tourist buses on parking lot we stopped in Oravsky Podzamok although we were there in October that was out of the tourist season. The buses were from Slovakia and Poland as well. I think that many tour operators offer bus tours around this region of Slovakia with a castle tour included.

Contact:
    Slovak Tourist Board
    Slovenska agentura pre cestovny ruch
    Namestie L.Stura 1

Slovak Republic
    Tel.: +421-2-534 210 23-25
    Fax: +421-2-534 210 21
    E-mail: sacrba@sacr.sk

In Austria, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Poland and Russia - click here.

• Castles and Palaces

Follow the direction signs

by matcrazy1 Written Dec 10, 2003

DIRECTION  SIGNS

Walking or driving in Oravsky Podzamok follow a few direction signs put there.

Look at my picture: haha, it seems that Slovak language is similar to English:
    Parkovisko = Parking Lot
    Hotel = Hotel
    Posta = Post Office
    It's not true, Slovak language belongs to Western Slavic languages together with Polish and Czech and these 3 languages are quite similar one to each other. But sometimes I have problems to understand them, usually when I try to order a dish in a restaurant hehe.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Oravsky Podzamok

Comments

Oravsky Podzamok Transportation

Reviews and photos of Oravsky Podzamok transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oravsky Podzamok sightseeing.

View all Oravsky Podzamok hotels