Parnica Transportation

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Road trip

by matcrazy1 Updated Jan 28, 2004

ON  HIGHWAY  583

I was driving to Parnica by my car from Poland on short, 1-day trip around adjacent to Poland areas of Slovakia and Czech Republic. I can recommend you my itinerary. Drive from Dolny Kubin to Parnica (highway 70, watch for direction signs to Martin and Zilina in Dolni Kubin, I... missed them). Then, in Parnica turn right to local highway 583 to village of Terchova and city of Zilina. Take a highway to Vratna Valley and Vratna from Terchova.

I found local roads in quite good condition with small traffic. But they were not well signed at some places (not well seen direction signs, I mean).

Road distances from Parnica:
    - Dolny Kubin - 8 km (5 mi)
    - Oravsky Podzamok - 18 km (11 mi)
    - Terchova - 24 km (15 mi)
    - Zilina - 53 km (33 mi)
    - Bratislava - 253 km (157 mi)

- Prague, Czech - 431 km (268 mi)
    - Krakow, Poland - 157 km (98 mi)
    - Korbielow - Oravska Polhora (border crossing point to Poland) - 64 km (40 mi)
    - Svrcinovec - Mosty u Jablunkova (border crossing point to Czech) - 89 km (55 mi)

Maps online:
    Map of Slovakia, Czech and Hungary (look for Ruzomberok (Parnica is a little northwest),
    Map of Terchova Region and Mala Fatra National Park (Parnica is on bottom-right, click to enlarge)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Where Kathy disappeared :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Jan 10, 2004

TRAIN  IN  PARNICA

We had to stop a car in front of closed railway crossing to give a way to this train on my picture in Parnica. Kathy got off the car and suddenly we saw her crossing the highway, running away to take closer pictures of the train and she disappeared (crazy camerawoman? :-). We had to start to drive because of next cars waiting behind us. And we started to drive, crossed the railway crossing and stopped to wait for Kathy - luckily there was a small place on the shoulder. First I thought to hide a car somewhere, hmm... silly joke which wouldn't be enjoyable for Kathy, I suppose :-).

Parnica has railway stop on local railway route from Kralovany to Trstena, a few km/mi from Polish border where the railway ends. Railway station in Kralovany is located on the main east-west railway track of Slovakia: (from west) Zilina - Kralovany - Ruzomberok - Poprad - Kosice. So, you must first catch the train to Kralovany, then from Kralovany to Parnica (direction Trstena).

For trains check your timetable: European train timetable

For both trains and buses in Slovakia check your connection online (in Slovak, English and German):
    Trains and buses Slovakia

• Trains

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Parnica trains

by Kodi01 Written Nov 9, 2003

We were driving through Slovakia and got caught at this train stop.

I jumped out to get a picture of the mountains, when I looked down the street, the railroad sign had been lifted.

WOWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA!

Did Maciek take off and leave me in Slovakia in the mountains....... :O)

Instant Answers: Parnica

Comments

Parnica Transportation

Reviews and photos of Parnica transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parnica sightseeing.